mouldyoldgoat
Pete1886
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete1886

Pete1886

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:02 pm

A fine gesture by some Bournemouth fans. After their cup game with Burton was called off about an hour before kick off, a Bournemouth fan has organised donations to pay for a coach so that Burton fans can travel to the rearranged match for free. So far they've raised enough for one coach and are well on their way to paying for two coaches.

This comes about after Bournemouth clinched promotion out of League 2 at Burton three or so years ago and we're treated extremely well by Burton. Maybe Newcastle will do something similar for us one day.

http://www.gofundme.com/BurtonCoach
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:18 pm

What a great gesture. It just goes to show that there some very good people in the football family.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:42 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
What a great gesture. It just goes to show that there some very good people in the football family.

Indeed, and its refreshing too see genuine good deeds without wanting things in return.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:55 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
A fine gesture by some Bournemouth fans. After their cup game with Burton was called off about an hour before kick off, a Bournemouth fan has organised donations to pay for a coach so that Burton fans can travel to the rearranged match for free. So far they've raised enough for one coach and are well on their way to paying for two coaches.

This comes about after Bournemouth clinched promotion out of League 2 at Burton three or so years ago and we're treated extremely well by Burton. Maybe Newcastle will do something similar for us one day.

http://www.gofundme.com/BurtonCoach

glad im not the only person who remembered 1989
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 7:09 pm

Angry wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Indeed, and its refreshing too see genuine good deeds without wanting things in return.

How do you know this particular benefactor doesn't ?
Back to top Go down

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 7:16 pm

Yes. I must say in today's topsey turvey justgivin'honest.gov world, new models of bull are being born every minute. Don't pay the staff wages, and then get down with the fans, Charge a ticket premium every game and give 'em two freebies a year. Pro football has long gone past the point of no return to me
How's the wind over there Tringy in the seat of civilisation?  I'm heading to the coast tomorrow for the next big blow, camera in hand. Went to Noss Mayo on Thursday when a poor guy just vanished into the weather.
Back to top Go down

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 7:29 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

How do you know this particular benefactor doesn't ?

because after reading his bio on the link he seems to be a fan wanting to do something nice.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Respect to Accrington Manager Kevin Beattie is also due. The Accies were away to Pompey yesterday but their game was postponed late on and Beattie paid for the travelling Accie massive to go to see Southampton v Burnley instead. Good on him. I wonder who they would have supported?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Respect to Accrington Manager Kevin Beattie is also due. The Accies were away to Pompey yesterday but their game was postponed late on and Beattie paid for the travelling Accie massive to go to see Southampton v Burnley instead. Good on him. I wonder who they would have supported?

James Beattie
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:26 pm

I'm not so good with names. Who the hell is Kevin Beattie? Is there one?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:35 pm

There is. Ipswich years ago.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 6:29 am

Winter Green wrote:
Yes. I must say in today's topsey turvey justgivin'honest.gov world, new models of bull are being born every minute. Don't pay the staff wages, and then get down with the fans, Charge a ticket premium every game and give 'em two freebies a year. Pro football has long gone past the point of no return to me
How's the wind over there Tringy in the seat of civilisation?  I'm heading to the coast tomorrow for the next big blow, camera in hand. Went to Noss Mayo on Thursday when a poor guy just vanished into the weather.

Take care, my dear old thing. No change in the winds out here, unsurprisingly.
Going to start playing golf again and have found this little beauty in the Troodos mountains.
http://www.vikla4golf.com/about%20vikla.htm

Back to top Go down

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:56 am

You'll have Greenskin and Plympton green with envy. I'm often driving past the Moorland Links and almost feel sorry for the hardy souls taking their life in their hands dashing across the main road pulling their clubs.
Back to top Go down

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 9:50 am

Winter Green wrote:
You'll have Greenskin and Plympton green with envy. I'm often driving past the Moorland Links and almost feel sorry for the hardy souls taking their life in their hands dashing across the main road pulling their clubs.

Oooh matron !!  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 10:31 am

Winter Green wrote:

I try to play Yelverton a couple of times a year but it has to be in summer-they don't allow trolleys on the course in winter.It is indeed a bit of a dash across the road from the first green [and back again afterwards],the driving speeds on that road can be in the Mitchell Johnson category at times but i've had more success so far than the England batsman in surviving. Smile 

Looks a very nice course that Tring has found there.Intrigued to read that they use mats on the fairway to keep the course in good condition in summer-how does that work,do you carry a mat around with you or are they provided on course at specific points? Sounds good actually,better than digging the ball out of 6 inches of mud as is the case at the moment over here,winter rules do help though.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:27 am

Greenskin wrote:
Winter Green wrote:

I try to play Yelverton a couple of times a year but it has to be in summer-they don't allow trolleys on the course in winter.It is indeed a bit of a dash across the road from the first green [and back again afterwards],the driving speeds on that road can be in the Mitchell Johnson category at times but i've had more success so far than the England batsman in surviving. Smile 

Looks a very nice course that Tring has found there.Intrigued to read that they use mats on the fairway to keep the course in good condition in summer-how does that work,do you carry a mat around with you or are they provided on course at specific points? Sounds good actually,better than digging the ball out of 6 inches of mud as is the case at the moment over here,winter rules do help though.

I think you carry a small circular piece of astro with you or use a preferred lie.This time of year til May is the best, as the fairways will be green and holding. Didn't see any sand on the video, even better ! The best courses on the island are around Paphos but are very expensive. Vikla looks just right for the boy and I to ease ourselves back to fitness.
With a membership of just 80 and a friendly clubhouse, it should fit the bill.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:48 am

Tringreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Winter Green wrote:

I think you carry a small circular piece of astro with you or use a preferred lie.This time of year til May is the best, as the fairways will be green and holding. Didn't see any sand on the video, even better ! The best courses on the island are around Paphos but are very expensive. Vikla looks just right for the boy and I to ease ourselves back to fitness.
With a membership of just 80 and a friendly clubhouse, it should fit the bill.

No bunkers at Hurdwick either at the moment-a lot of them are full of water literally to the top! 17th hole out of bounds too but i think we're well off compared to most courses around here-we've had quite a few green fees recently via players from other clubs whose courses have been closed,Tavistock in particular.As you say,that course looks ideal to get back into golf and the membership number is very similar to that of Hurdwick-the bigger clubs can be a bit up their own arses and impersonal.How's your son-on the way to a full recovery? Sounds good if he's getting back into sport.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:55 am

When St Mellion were hosting the decent tournaments on the Nicklaus years ago they used to give you a bit of astro to pick and place your ball on to for about 3-4 weeks prior to the Tournament.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:48 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Winter Green wrote:

I play at Yelverton most Sundays with a mate who's a member - not normally too bad out there the course drains really well. Sparkwell is very wet at the moment similar to Hurdwick I would imagine.

Just another week or so and I'm off to Spain until April where the fairways are firm and the greens are true. Get back on the course Tringers and when you get over here, me you and Greenskin must get together for a round.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 5:56 pm

I play at china fleet. Tough course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Free Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Coaches   Free Coaches Empty

Back to top Go down

Free Coaches