Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Cardif sack manager

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 12663
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Malky Mackay has been sacked as manager of Cardiff City after two-and-a-half years in charge.

Vincent Tan has decided to dispense with the 41-year-old Scot’s services after a bitter public breakdown of the relationship between boss and owner .

It comes less than 24 hours after yesterday's 3-0 home defeat against Southampton, which followed fans' protests against Tan's running of the club.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14281
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Didnt see that coming..... shame for Malky but i am confident West Brom will move in for him.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Malky Mackay has been sacked as manager of Cardiff City after two-and-a-half years in charge.

Vincent Tan has decided to dispense with the 41-year-old Scot’s services after a bitter public breakdown of the relationship between boss and owner .

It comes less than 24 hours after yesterday's 3-0 home defeat against Southampton, which followed fans' protests against Tan's running of the club.



Maybe James Brent isn't that bad after all....... Neutral Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14281
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:57 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Malky Mackay has been sacked as manager of Cardiff City after two-and-a-half years in charge.

Vincent Tan has decided to dispense with the 41-year-old Scot’s services after a bitter public breakdown of the relationship between boss and owner .

It comes less than 24 hours after yesterday's 3-0 home defeat against Southampton, which followed fans' protests against Tan's running of the club.



Maybe James Brent isn't that bad after all....... Neutral Neutral 

he just waits a year to sack someone  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6422
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 30
Location : Dorset

Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:07 pm

What a wanker Tan is.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Angry wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Malky Mackay has been sacked as manager of Cardiff City after two-and-a-half years in charge.

Vincent Tan has decided to dispense with the 41-year-old Scot’s services after a bitter public breakdown of the relationship between boss and owner .

It comes less than 24 hours after yesterday's 3-0 home defeat against Southampton, which followed fans' protests against Tan's running of the club.



Maybe James Brent isn't that bad after all....... Neutral Neutral 

he just waits a year to sack someone  lol! 




But justifiable Angry.........now Malky Mackay is different.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:17 pm

It's becoming a bit of a habit now for the new breed of mainly overseas football club owner to sack the man that did the impossible and get their "small" club into the Premiership. Cardiff is no surprise, it happened to Holloway, it happened to Warnock, twice. There are others.
There seems to be a bit of a pattern developing where businessmen invest to push themselves over the line. And then with riches and parachute payments totaling possibly £100m over a few years, the businessman gets rid of the most popular man at the club and pockets as much as he can.

Holloway always said it would be worthwhile being promoted and relegated in two successive seasons to establish a club for a generation and not spend on huge PL wages.

Cardiff are bound to implode, they've been on steroids for a long time. The previous debts of years gone by are just under the surface still, and the whole unofficial  "franchise" of the Wales United red thing is bound to bite the owner back sooner or later. There's going to be a bit of a ruck I should imagine. Money first, football second.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Posts : 1573
Join date : 2011-10-07
Age : 107

Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Winter Green wrote:
. Money first, football second.

So true! You could also say greed first football second.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14281
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:27 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Angry wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Malky Mackay has been sacked as manager of Cardiff City after two-and-a-half years in charge.

Vincent Tan has decided to dispense with the 41-year-old Scot’s services after a bitter public breakdown of the relationship between boss and owner .

It comes less than 24 hours after yesterday's 3-0 home defeat against Southampton, which followed fans' protests against Tan's running of the club.



Maybe James Brent isn't that bad after all....... Neutral Neutral 

he just waits a year to sack someone  lol! 




But justifiable Angry.........now Malky Mackay is different.    Rolling Eyes 

Malky will get a big payoff i hope and if Ole Gunnar was spoken too before Malky was fired then i hope the LMA act swift.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:35 pm

Cardiff were going down under mackay, he's not a premiership manager, cardiff now have a chance of staying up, i'd take tan anyday over the current owner of our club.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14281
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Cardiff were going down under mackay, he's not a premiership manager, cardiff now have a chance of staying up, i'd take tan anyday over the current owner of our club.

Malky did a great job there certainly in no way warranted the treatment he received from mr clueless foreigner Tan all becasue he thinks Cardiff should be in the top 4 by now which of course no manager will ever do there.

I am no fan of Brent as you and others know full well but if i had the choice between him and tan he would win by a small fraction. Still wouldnt wish either on exeter city though.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Cardiff were going down under mackay, he's not a premiership manager, cardiff now have a chance of staying up, i'd take tan anyday over the current owner of our club.

With respect, has it dawned on you, Suffered, that the owner ain't that bothered which division they are in next year. If anything, being in the Championship gives him the perfect cover to pull in the huge parachute payments without much ado and pressure to pay out on PL wages.
As has often been quoted, the Mel Brooks film, the Producers, explores just one of the benefits of backing a loser in business, and that was an age ago, pre Leesson and BCCI, the big bang, and all that realisation that the system was ripe for the plucking. Don't you realise the whole economy is infected with hedge funds, derivatives and the like, all praying for losses, and that's just one way of skinning the cat. Football, with the community interest insurance of a city football club is ideal with it's badly thought out parachute payments.  We're talking a lot of money here.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

Posts : 562
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : Bedford (ironically)

Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:18 pm

Anyone who wears a football top over a suit (and tucked into his trousers too) should never be trusted
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6422
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 30
Location : Dorset

Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:19 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
Anyone who wears a football top over a suit (and tucked into his trousers too) should never be trusted

indeed,
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 11:00 pm

Anybody say the same thing when Southampton sacked Adkins?

The Adkins thing was a bit more pro all round but in the death the push is still the push.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Posts : 5753
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:34 am

why all this talk of solsjaker ? molde fininshed 6th last season. usual pro man utd hype.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 9:56 am

You'd have to be mental to go there if you have any integrity, any sense of self worth or any respect for Cardiff supporters. Sven looks odds on then.
One thing in Tan's favour is that he hasn't splashed the cash on big name players although I heard on five live that they're close to £90m in debt - how that's possible, I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9298
Join date : 2011-10-23

Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:14 am

I think they have signed a few who fall in to the 5-10 million bracket, price-wise.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:17 am

They were £30 million in debt when they were choking in the playoffs year in year out, they are another team that bought their way to the prem with money they didn't have, some would call going for it but another mans going for it would be called a gamble.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:44 am

Football is a serious competition and I don't mind any owner wanting to go for it. It all adds to the soap opera. What I do object to is these owners never committing their own money properly and just loaning the club money. The rule should be the "investment" should be EQUITY in the company, so the club community is not under permanent threat and the behest of a megalomaniac. It was done the correct way at the likes of Blackburn.
I see this latest Tan character promised he would turn all his Cardiff loans into equity if Hammam did a final deal on his own  loans that were coming to maturity and threatening to bring the club down. We shall see.
At least the whole saga gives Cardiff fans a little insight of what it must have been like to be an Indian local being harried and insulted by some ill mannered inbred English toff and his mad wife. No one likes me, I don't care, sort of thing.

We might as well get used to it. It won't be long before our local Church going squires pushing us off our pavements are Chinese and Brazilian. I'm not worthy. flower 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Cardif sack manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardif sack manager   Cardif sack manager Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Cardif sack manager
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: