HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes Empty
PostSubject: 'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes    'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 11:32 pm

Queens Park Rangers to move from Loftus Road to 40,000-seater stadium.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: 'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes    'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 8:33 am

I still think that the size of the stadium gives BJ a great plan B should we actually achieve success, move up the A38 and build all over HP, thats if he manages to build anything at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes    'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 8:34 am

I loved the days out to the Loft, I will miss that place but I guess that's ambition and progress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes    'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 8:38 am

Iggy wrote:
I still think that the size of the stadium gives BJ a great plan B should we actually achieve success, move up the A38 and build all over HP, thats if he manages to build anything at all.

How far up the A38 are you thinking?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes    'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 8:46 am

Ivybridge, Sherwell? As long as profits were made that is the main thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes    'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 8:53 am

You will have to go a lot further East than that Iggy before you will find land that can be purchased for a professional sports stadium.

It's a non starter but if it is to be a serious suggestion in the future I would say that the best and probably only chance of finding suitable and unprotected land in the area would be in SE Cornwall.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes    'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 9:08 am

GOB wrote:
I loved the days out to the Loft, I will miss that place but I guess that's ambition and progress.

One of my fav away grounds too. Lot of good pubs around Shepherds Bush Green. If you're over 5 foot 2 then yer f ucked for legroom in the away end, mind!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes    'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 9:11 am

Indeed. Many times I've woken up with huge bruises down my shins. Great ground though, a true footballing stadium and a good day out.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: 'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes    'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 12:35 pm

GOB wrote:

Fabulous ground before they put them fooking seats in, I followed the Rs the year I moved up Lundin, they finished second and played some great footy. In theory they could get 35k in back in the day but I watched the first game when the Poo were in town, went with some Scottish lads I had met in the pub the night before, we got to within a couple of dozen of the front and the ground was closed as full, feck it we thought and turned away planning on resuming the boozing, then a fooking huge Scouser grabbed me and said to hang on, thought I might have been in trouble there cos in them days their support came from Liverpool and didn't talk like they had just parked up the tractor, anyway, a couple or three minutes later the guys at the front kicked the gates in and hundreds maybe thousands of us climbed in over the turnstiles, echoes of Hillsboro maybe, we were in like sardines and it was the only occasion I was seriously uncomfortable for a whole game, which considering I was 19, 6 foot plus and thirteen stone of relatively fit rugby player probably tells a bit of a story. Brilliant atmos that day and many others although one of the fellahs I went with was a huge Celtic fan and couldn't even bring himself to say the word Rangers in any context.

The new ground is contingent on an enabling development which would make TF mega bucks, anybody see a theme here? At least he has thrown a lump of cash at the Club already, might be nice if he got a few quid back, Harry will be rubbing his grubby little mitts together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes    'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Not sure they would fill 40,000 just like West Ham won't fill 60.000
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes    'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes Empty

Back to top Go down

'We need more than an 18,000 capacity,' says Fernandes
Page 1 of 1