PatDunne
Lord Melbury
Tgwu
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:14 am

Had this email today, has the FOCP been infiltrated by the Brent supporters?

FRIENDS OF CENTRAL PARK

Friends of Central Park, as a group, has come to a crossroads.  The group is divided between those who wish campaign to stop further development in Central Park and those who want to work to limit the adverse effects on the Park of Council policies. 

At the last meeting a decision was made to consider an alternative constitution, which is attached.  The original constitution is also attached.

At the meeting next Tuesday it is intended that there will be a vote to decide what members wish to do.  Do you want to stick to the original campaigning FoCP constitution or form a new one with a new constitution? Should there be two separate groups? 

There is no doubt that Central Park is vulnerable to more development particularly on the side adjacent to Outland Road.  With the Home Park development, Harpers Fields, the Council depot, (due to be vacated in 18 months time), and the old cricket pitch, this area is likely to be targeted by the Council for future development.

Today we have witnessed the Council removing all the shrubs from the beds opposite the golf course. The workers carrying this out said they did not know why it was happening but these areas are used by footballers to urinate, as there are no toilets!!   I suggest grass areas are easier and cheaper to maintain.

If Central Park is to be protected it is imperative that we have a strong group that is consulted before any major works are carried out within the Park.

We hope that you will attend the meeting on Tuesday evening at Goals at 7.30pm but, if not, please do let us know if you have any thoughts or ideas on how you would like Friends of Central Park to continue, email: friendsofcentralpark@gmx.com 

We invite everyone to this important meeting on Tuesday 10th December.  Please feel free to come at 7pm for refreshments in the bar area with the meeting beginning at 7.30pm.

Thank you,

Janice Hunt (acting chair) and Veronica Graham (acting secretary)

There are two attachments on the mail with two drafts of the contstitution, they don't seem to want to download for me.

Back to top Go down

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:11 am

Sounds like they have given up trying to save teh park from property twats like brent from destroying it further to me.

And its still shocking that the park hasnt got any public toilets other than that toll booth by the sundial that is more hassle than its worth using.
Back to top Go down

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:28 am

Angry wrote:
Sounds like they have given up trying to save teh park from property twats like brent from destroying it further to me.

And its still shocking that the park hasnt got any public toilets other than that toll booth by the sundial that is more hassle than its worth using.

I'm not aware of a sundial in the park Angry but if you're refering to a device that helps you tell the time there is a thing called a clock Very Happy the strange looking toilet thing beside it has been closed for ages.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 12:31 pm

A couple of points, the toilet pod will be moved to the barbican, new toilet will be built eventually in a new cafe beside the bowling green.
Janice Hunt (acting chair) and Veronica Graham (acting secretary) took the job when Brent arrived on the scene because there was some resignation from the committee, (before my time) Janice Hunt out of her own money paid for a consultant to fight Mr Brent. It was proposed by some members she should be reimbursed, some members disagree after much discussion it was passed by 100%.
There are two proposals for a new beginning, charities statues and to fight any new development. The two proposals will be voted on; This Tuesday after the vote we will be one united FOCP.
The group is very concern that PCC will sell off Love field, Goal, Harper Park, cricket field, Pounds House and the parks department depot (moving out in 18 months) for development as they needs the cash.
Hope you will be there Jack.

Back to top Go down

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 1:57 pm

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Tentacles of corruption had entwined themselves within the FOCP.
This whole episode has been rigged since the day the Speccy banker darkened the door at PAFC.
Its all a conspiracy.
Back to top Go down

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:00 pm

There could be a plant. Laughing 
Back to top Go down

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:05 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Tentacles of corruption had entwined themselves within the FOCP.
This whole episode has been rigged since the day the Speccy banker darkened the door at PAFC.
Its all a conspiracy.
I don't think so Punch, these things and splits often occur and are needed. At the end of it there will be a stronger and more united organisation.

Disagreements, debate and argument are a healthy thing for society.
Back to top Go down

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
There could be a plant.  Laughing 
As i said i wouldn't be surprised.
The use of moles is the oldest one in the book from the fat controller and his chums, once the FOCP have been brought down from within, the final beacon of resistance to Brent will be destroyed and his Evil and Filthy empire building master-plan will be complete.
Enjoy the park while it lasts because in 5-10 years Brent,his Toadies all aided and abetted by the traitors at PCC will have the complete whip-hand over all green space at the park.
What Brent wants Brent gets, and he knows that in large City that behaves like a backwater Hicktown he can carry out his Loathsome plans without objection.
Back to top Go down

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:50 pm

I get what you're saying Punchy although my comment did have a double meaning with a bit of a pun thrown in regarding the plant (it being about a park and all that) but i have to admit you trumped me with you're reference to moles. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 3:33 pm

Tgwu wrote:
A couple of points, the toilet pod will be moved to the barbican, new toilet will be built eventually in a new cafe beside the bowling green.
Janice Hunt (acting chair) and Veronica Graham (acting secretary) took the job when Brent arrived on the scene because there was some resignation from the committee, (before my time) Janice Hunt out of her own money paid for a consultant to fight Mr Brent. It was proposed by some members she should be reimbursed, some members disagree after much discussion it was passed by 100%.
There are two proposals for a new beginning, charities statues and to fight any new development. The two proposals will be voted on; This Tuesday after the vote we will be one united   FOCP.
The group is very concern that PCC will sell off Love field, Goal, Harper Park, cricket field, Pounds House and the parks department depot (moving out in 18 months) for development as they needs the cash.
Hope you will be there Jack.

That bit would surely rule Brent out of any future dealings. Can't imagine he would be willing to pay for anything
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Maybe B(r)ent will 'Branch' out?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Brent will be blown away as he have no roots here
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:01 pm

and the club is in need of a root and branch reform (that will do for me)
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:25 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
As i said i wouldn't be surprised.
The use of moles is the oldest one in the book from the fat controller and his chums, once the FOCP have been brought down from within, the final beacon of resistance to Brent will be destroyed and his Evil and Filthy empire building master-plan will be complete.
Enjoy the park while it lasts because in 5-10 years Brent,his Toadies all aided and abetted by the traitors at PCC will have the complete whip-hand over all green space at the park.
What Brent wants Brent gets, and he knows that in large City that behaves like a backwater Hicktown he can carry out his Loathsome plans without objection.
In a nutshell Punch, that is the ultimate basis upon which Brent has based his whole Plymouth Development master plan.

He knows he can blind people with the lights. He knows he can manipulate the weak and easily led with bribes, gifts and 'perceived position'.

When all's said and done, the blokes just a cnut, pure and simple.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:39 pm

Hi everyone good debate at the FOCP tonight, passed a new constitution that will be voted on at next meeting, which will be held on the 14th of January (Venue TBC)
There will be a subscription membership and FOCP would like to become a charity.

Information coming out of last week community forum at tonight FOCP meeting concerning Akkeron at HHP, The chair of the forum asked Akkeron forum member when is the development will start? No date as been decided, what is the hold up? We have trouble in the letting, the interest and (Grant?) he quoted
Back to top Go down

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 11:14 pm

Bravo Tgwu, As I've said in the past, Things aren't progressing as anticipated, Tragic.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 5:58 am

I'm not surprised. Who'd want to commit to the clusterfuck, unless they were village idiots donating to the fine gentleman  scratch No 
Back to top Go down

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 6:30 am

Lets face facts, if us fans look at this project as a dogs dinner - what would any prospective business owner think about moving in? Has there ever been a worst thought out project of this size in this city? This could have been a class development, but you just knew it was going to be a cut & shut job!!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 6:40 am

Tgwu wrote:
Hi everyone good debate at the FOCP tonight, passed a new constitution that will be voted on at next meeting, which will be held on the 14th of January (Venue TBC)  
There will be a subscription membership and FOCP would like to become a charity.

Information coming out of last week community forum at tonight FOCP meeting concerning Akkeron at HHP, The chair of the forum asked Akkeron forum member when is the development will start? No date as been decided, what is the hold up? We have trouble in the letting, the interest and (Grant?) he quoted

If the development does not start before February an environmentalist would have to be called in. In the last six months of the forum Akkeron have not got passed the zoo field. The third delay mention (grant) may be wrong because the two members of FOCP on the committee did not hear it properly, but because the chair asked it, it should be in the minutes

Do you know there are 5 air raid shelters in the park? And the council plan to demolish the biggest that runs along that grass area from Wake Street to Alma Road.
The reason is to build another car park for the junior football teams

Did you know there was a POW camp in the park?.

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 7:55 am

The grant is probably the money for the school.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:17 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

That what we thought and put it in but bracket it
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

From Studio School website if they want 2015 opening and more importantly the £2-3M grant money

Quote :
The next two application deadlines will be:

4th October 2013 (with decisions to be announced in late 2013/early 2014).
9th May 2014 (with decisions to be announced in summer 2014)

Still think the car park is the major hurdle along with the Ice Rink and suspect PCC will need to be doing more favours..
Back to top Go down

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:03 am

green_genie wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

From Studio School website if they want 2015 opening and more importantly the £2-3M grant money

Quote :
The next two application deadlines will be:

4th October 2013 (with decisions to be announced in late 2013/early 2014).
9th May 2014 (with decisions to be announced in summer 2014)

Still think the car park is the major hurdle along with the Ice Rink and suspect PCC will need to be doing more favours..

I just read this morning that the governments plans for FREE schools is going to cost three times what they first thought, the treasury first of all earmarked £450m and have now revised the figure to £1.5bn! I don't think that a grant of £3m would be just for building the school you would have to run it for several years from that allocation as well.
The sums have never added up for this development, I hope that the whole shebang doesn't get off the ground, Brent will finish off the job that the M7 started at his rate.
Back to top Go down

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:52 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Lets face facts, if us fans look at this project as a dogs dinner - what would any prospective business owner think about moving in? Has there ever been a worst thought out project of this size in this city? This could have been a class development, but you just knew it was going to be a cut & shut job!!

It's not really going to plan, is it!!
Back to top Go down

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:54 am

I have a feeling that a donation to the Conservative Party will soon be made.

Remember, "a spell in the Conference wouldn't do us any harm".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Split in FOCP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split in FOCP?   Split in FOCP? Empty

Back to top Go down

Split in FOCP?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next