Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Energy firms profits up 75%!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Energy firms profits up 75%! Empty
PostSubject: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:34 am

But don't worry because Mr.Cameron tells us that we are all in this together! The whole country with a single purpose to fill the coffers of the already wealthy. If you weren't already aware of it we are just cash cows to be milked by the farm hands of the Tory top brass and their school mates, come on people how much do we have to get robbed before we say enough is enough?
No doubt we will have some middle England Tory apologist along in a minute to tell us that it could always be worse, I await your arguments with anticipation. But hang on a minute, no need to worry because this is a regulated industry, let's see what school mate of Blair, Brown and Cameron said shall we?

The revelation prompted the watchdog to suggest it may insist on greater clarity in future to ensure that the profits are a fair reflection of investment in future power generation.

The sort of answer that Zyphe will be delighted with, straight out of the Brenty love in and Q & A session that one is, something along the lines of "we've got you're money now feck off and die of the cold before you get old enough to spend your pension you scum." I'm pretty sure that's what it means anyway.
Well all have to turn to alternative forms of heating, we as a family were cutting wood on the weekend, all free wood off our own land. I had to go and buy 25l of red diesel for the tractor, £17.50, 5l of chain oil £15.70 and £6.60 to fill my five litre chainsaw fuel can!
Enough is enough, we need this country back in the hands of the British people, not new labour, not lib lab, labradoodle or cockerpoo, a proper republic run by the people for the people.
Viva the revolution!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:03 am

LINK to BBC report on rise in winter deaths.

The are right in saying that the rise in most winter deaths aren't attributable to hypothermia. Many of them are attributable to such things as stroke & heart attacks. But these are actually attributable to cold weather as the heart has to work harder in those conditions. It is a statistical fact that the admission of people to hospital with heart-related problems rises a few days after cold weather. If people aren't able to heat their homes properly then they will have a greater chance of dying. Simple.

I'm off to throw another dog on the fire. Catching the buggers keeps me warm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:16 am

We've become a nation of conformist pigs. We roll over when the corporate fat-cats offer to tickle our belly - then they beat us to death with our own energy bills.

As Iggy alludes to - a revolution can't be far off.

PS: Knecht, I love my dog - so back off.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:12 pm

Is that all they are up by?

Wow, they must be struggling to fund their next bonus!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:15 pm

energy firms here can charge what they want that's why they are always bought and sold for hefty profit. in france parliament has to approve a price rise above inflation.

switching doesn't do anything if they all charge similar amounts Cameron you f****ng pr1ck.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:10 pm

I f***ing hate capitalism. One day the utilities will all be re-nationalised and all slimy filthy tory scum will be put up against the wall and shot.

DIE CAMERON DIE!

WANKER!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:18 am

Freathy for President, a bit liberal for my liking but we can't put people off by being extreme. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:35 am

I disagree with Freathy, they should not be shot. hanging from a lamp post is the correct procedure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:31 am

And the shock news today, the four banks that were in charge of valuing the Royal Mail for the sell off are thought to have undervalued it by quite a bit, 200p up on initial price. Funnily enough the four banks that did ALL this work stand to share out £112m plus obviously the profit on the shares they were allowed to buy.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:41 am

Sounds like a plan !

http://www.occupy.com/article/exclusive-denmark-announces-61-tax-oil-companies-fund-clean-rail-project
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:42 pm

What a crazy place Denmark is, the environment minister reckons that the oil belongs to the people of Denmark, I reckon Cameron and Obama are having a hit put on him right now. Very Happy 
I love the way that the oil firms- in the same way they do here- are threatening to pull out their investment, as the minister says though, there are still billions of pounds of profit still to be made they wont walk away from that.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:10 pm

its ok the government are going to save us £50 a year cheers on bills, wow a whopping £0.98 a week
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:58 am

Listen to Alex Jones, Gerald Celente, Max Keiser, Paul Craig Roberts & Russia Today etc - That'll sort out the revolution!!

Specific connection to 'Energy' as money:

Just in case you ever wondered why we keep hearing the relatively new word of 'technocrat' and 'technocracy' - watch this and start connecting the dots with all the things you see happening around this dystopic world!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB3eYa1tC5Y
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:12 pm

I love the Keiser report Bandy, I don't watch it too much as in ready to blow at any minute anyway.
This £50 is coming from the government not charging the energy companies quite so much GREEN taxes! Our energy bills will be going up by between 4 and 8% depending which firm you are with so no one is going to get a smaller bill next year than this year it just won't go up so much. Why are the government so shit scared of the energy companies? Surely they could just hit them with a large tax increase then hand that back to the customers? Or is it as I suspect that the only people "in it together" are the politicians and big companies that milk the cash cows of Britain?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 3:58 pm

Iggy wrote:
I love the Keiser report Bandy, I don't watch it too much as in ready to blow at any minute anyway.
This £50 is coming from the government not charging the energy companies quite so much GREEN taxes! Our energy bills will be going up by between 4 and 8% depending which firm you are with so no one is going to get a smaller bill next year than this year it just won't go up so much. Why are the government so shit scared of the energy companies? Surely they could just hit them with a large tax increase then hand that back to the customers? Or is it as I suspect that the only people "in it together" are the politicians and big companies that milk the cash cows of Britain?
Got to get more radical Iggy - try Alex Jones on Infowars.com, although a yank most of what he comes up with is frighteningly realistic. Apart from air, they know we need water, food and energy and you can bet yer bottom dollar every toff has got shares in all but fresh air, well so far!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Energy firms profits up 75%!   Energy firms profits up 75%! Empty

Back to top Go down

Energy firms profits up 75%!
Page 1 of 1