GreenSam
Sir Francis Drake
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

The Bury match thread Empty
PostSubject: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 12:44 pm

OK I'm 4 weeks early.

Which brainbox at the Football League decided to reinstate fixtures for the last Saturday before Christmas?

Argyle v Bury on the 21st December is likely to attract the smallest home league crowd we'll see this season so 3 things spring to mind.

1. What plans do Argyle have to do something to attract supporters to this particular game?

2. How about a sweepstake to predict the crowd?

3. No post-Christmas home game until Torquay at home on NYD. Not good.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 12:45 pm

If ever there was an ideal game to put on some offers that would attract more fans, that's the one. Quid for a kid if accompanied by an adult? Or something else?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 12:48 pm

GreenSam wrote:
If ever there was an ideal game to put on some offers that would attract more fans, that's the one. Quid for a kid if accompanied by an adult? Or something else?
A free G&W Santa hat on arrival?

Vouchers for the forthcoming 3rd round FA Cup tie?

(Chickens being counted there!)
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:18 pm

If we reach the third round of the Cup, we will know the opposition and home or away.

I think a voucher for the Cup tie (if it all pans out nicely) is a great idea.

Torquay on NYD should attract a larger crowd so how about a deal covering both games. Charge everyone the equivalent season ticket price if both tickets are bought in advance. Season ticket money is already in so anything on top will be a bonus.

If season ticket holders don't like that idea, then how about £30 for both?

POTD would be at normal prices.

Isn't there a rule though that you can't charge the away fans more than the home fans? We could offer the Torquay fans the same deal!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Free entry to any one accompanied by an orphan, wearing a santa hat or a Chris Webb mask.

Christmas isn't important to Muslims, this thread is well racist.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:56 pm

hairy j wrote:
Free entry to any one accompanied by an orphan, wearing a santa hat or a Chris Webb mask.

Never seen any Muslims at Argyle, s'pose there may be a couple if Bradford visiting. Seen a couple of Chinese.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 2:12 pm

pepsipete wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Never seen any Muslims at Argyle,  s'pose there may be a couple if Bradford visiting.  Seen a couple of Chinese.

You will when the madrassa is built in the corner of the ministand. farao 
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 6:37 pm

the world doesnt stop for xmas day you know!
who is their right mind wants to shop the Saturday before xmas? went to brum today and it was absolutely wedged god knows how busy itll be in 2 weeks time.

games should be played upto/inc 23rd dec also games should be played new year eve I have to work those days why should footballers be any different ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 9:40 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
If we reach the third round of the Cup, we will know the opposition and home or away.

Torquay on NYD should attract a larger crowd so how about a deal covering both games. Charge everyone the equivalent season ticket price if both tickets are bought in advance. Season ticket money is already in so anything on top will be a bonus.

Isn't there a rule though that you can't charge the away fans more than the home fans? We could offer the Torquay fans the same deal!

Those ideas are making me moist, shame you didn't have the cahoonas to ask for that at the mEeting you coward. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 10:00 am

Bury will bring thassunds anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 10:15 am

Iggy wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Those ideas are making me moist, shame you didn't have the cahoonas to ask for that at the mEeting you coward. Laughing 
Well, I would've gone if I'd wanted to but I wouldn't have got back here in time for the game! Priorities innit.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 12:03 pm

Ideal opportunity for a free mug and sticker.

ATD mug and stickers obviously.

Now that would pee somebody off. Laughing 

Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:05 pm

People shop months before Christmas now... and often don't leave work/the home to do it (with online shopping). Even if you wanted to go shopping on that Saturday, you could go first thing... glad this game is on, there should be a good Christmassy atmosphere (especially if we continue our good run).
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
OK I'm 4 weeks early.

Which brainbox at the Football League decided to reinstate fixtures for the last Saturday before Christmas?

Argyle v Bury on the 21st December is likely to attract the smallest home league crowd we'll see this season so 3 things spring to mind.

1. What plans do Argyle have to do something to attract supporters to this particular game?

2. How about a sweepstake to predict the crowd?

3. No post-Christmas home game until Torquay at home on NYD. Not good.

Surely the size of the crowd will be determined by how Argyle are doing and where Argyle are in the league.

If the improvements continue and Argyle continue to climb the league,then the crowd could surprise a few people.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Shameless bump.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 3:43 pm

This game now carries great importance.

I just hope the words said by JS are heeded by theses players. As they seem to have reverted back to being goal shy yet AGAIN.

A win over Bury would do nicely,as I do not think we will get a result at Oxford United on Boxing Day.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 4:10 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
This game now carries great importance.

I just hope the words said by JS are heeded by theses players. As they seem to have reverted back to being goal shy yet AGAIN.

A win over Bury would do nicely,as I do not think we will get a result at Oxford United on Boxing Day.

Never mind. Their ground has no seating or terracing at one end. What a village club they are ! Reckon the reluctant one took note of Oxford's previous owner. Doesn't he still 'own' just about everything ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 5:59 pm

Free entry to anyone wearing this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

How are Puma going to make a shite green, and white hat in time?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:28 pm

seadog wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

How are Puma going to make a shite green, and white hat in time?

lol! How long before the Avivafest experience includes a pint, a pasty and a pisspoti sticker. He's got hundreds of 'em  rendeer 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Think i may attend Saturday anyone else going
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 12:03 am

No. It's my turn for weekends on.  Mad 
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 12:15 am

Its going to piss down on Saturday,is it worth getting drenched for and risk pneumonia. I think not......
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:02 am

greensleeves wrote:
Its going to piss down on Saturday,is it worth getting drenched for and risk pneumonia. I think not......

Depends if you're a REAL FAN or not, I guess.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Sitting in the rain and cold Saturday watching two bottom end league 2 teams play out a no doubt dire contest or xmas shopping.
Let me think...... come on u greens see u Sat. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Bury match thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next