Greenskin
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 4:25 pm

Home to Welling should we beat Lincoln.Bit of an incentive there,third round money spinner and all that.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 4:36 pm

The carrot is dangling and the potential rewards are mahoosive.

I wish I was confident that we will beat Lincoln in the replay!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 4:42 pm

When's the replay, tuesday week? And which dogshit league are Welling in? In fact, where the fook is Welling? scratch 
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Games dont get much more easier than this.The door is open for the third round and a BIG fixture.
Back to top Go down

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 4:45 pm

Welling garden city?
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 4:46 pm

They are in the same dogshit league as Lincoln,just a bit higher.
Back to top Go down

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 4:46 pm

SO its lincoln at home to welling!Laughing
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Just had a peak, they're 8th in the Conference so even if we get past Lincoln this lot won't be an easier game.
Back to top Go down

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Groan - if only I could predict the lottery numbers as easily. Argyle 2- Lincoln 1. FA Cup R2. Argyle 0 - Welling 1. The writing's on the mural, wall, whatever.pig 
Back to top Go down

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Iggy wrote:
Welling garden city?

No that's Welwyn Garden City in Hertfordshire, Welling's in saaaf Lundan.

Still beat two non league teams at home to get in the REAL FA Cup draw.

Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Be very interesting to see the crowds for the replay or 2nd round if we get through when ST holders don't feel compelled to go & attendance figures won't be skewed by their numbers.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 6:20 pm

FY 310 wrote:
Be very interesting to see the crowds for the replay or 2nd round if we get through when ST holders don't feel compelled to go & attendance figures won't be skewed by their numbers.  
England v Germany or

Argyle v Lincoln

?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 6:54 pm

I fookin love the FA Cup. For me it is a bigger attraction than a league game. A cup run would, whisper it, do wonders for lifting the negativity the club is utterly engulfed in, even for but a small period. Having said that I can see us beating Lincun and Welling, only to draw fookin Accrington away and lose in the 3rd raind.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
greensleeves

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 7:13 pm

The FA Cup, for clubs like Argyle,has a certain attraction to it,as outside of the FA Cup, Argyle could only ever dream of playing the top sides.OK its still only a dream, Man United at home,but you dont get many better chances than what we have been given today, being at home to two conference clubs.We'll now see how good a manager Sheridan is, if he can get the club through to the 3rd round.
Back to top Go down

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Inglund v the gers,or argo v linkon, dont see many in the trenches with jimmy for that one.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 7:32 pm

2500 ?
Back to top Go down

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 7:35 pm

You lot are obsessed with the phrase "dog shit". It's 'orrible.

We should make round 3. I wonder if we drew Man Utd at home, how many people who've boycotted would want a ticket.
Back to top Go down

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Well probably get a dog shit tie like Leicester away if we beat Lincoln and Welling
Back to top Go down

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:22 pm

hairy j wrote:
You lot are obsessed with the phrase "dog shit". It's 'orrible.

We should make round 3. I wonder if we drew Man Utd at home, how many people who've boycotted would want a ticket.
Yes,x throbber and myself would suspend our boycott against posh jimmys misrule, for this one match. Of course it would be reinstated for the next league game against some dog shit dross.
Back to top Go down

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:25 pm

I reckon we'll beat Lincoln and either lose to Welling who will then get drawn against Liv,Manu,Ars,Chel or we'll beat Welling and get a dog shit tie in the third round like Carlisle away.............anyway who cares, it's all just dog shit. Laughing 
Back to top Go down

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
I reckon we'll beat Lincoln and either lose to Welling who will then get drawn against Liv,Manu,Ars,Chel or we'll beat Welling and get a dog shit tie in the third round like Carlisle away.............anyway who cares, it's all just dog shit.  Laughing 

Thats the long and short of it however you try to dress it up.
James Brent and his Evil regime have been a disaster for PAFC.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:30 pm

and a lot of dog owners put it in plastic bags(tescos/sainsburys) and hang it from trees....nice decorations.

Last edited by greensleeves on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
I reckon we'll beat Lincoln and either lose to Welling who will then get drawn against Liv,Manu,Ars,Chel or we'll beat Welling and get a dog shit tie in the third round like Carlisle away.............anyway who cares, it's all just dog shit.  Laughing 
Yep, if by some strange twist of fate argnil slay both the non league giants, they will get knocked out by rochdale.jocolor
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:43 pm

If we did manage to beat Lincoln then Welling & drew Man U or Liverpool at home only one man would benefit from the windfall, better to go out to Lincoln if it hastens helps his demise IMO.
Back to top Go down

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Of course any cup run would be additional income wouldn't it? Money that should in theory be used to strengthen the team?

I think the deal was 50% of it would be used on the team and the rest used to pay the football debt but however it gets used a lucrative cup run is pretty much the only thing that will get us moving upwards as a club. How much did Exeter make from drawing with United and getting a replay at Old Trafford?

There is something magic about the cup still for lower league sides. The chance to play live to a huge audience and against players they usually watch themselves on tv.

Some of my best Argyle memories have been in the FA Cup. The whole run to the semi-final as a 13 yr old was pretty amazing. Massive gates at West Brom, home and away with Derby and the semi-final, but I remember the 4th rd against Darlington and knowing that beating them was almost certainly going to bring a really big club and at the time West Brom were a top team.

34,000+ was the official gate at home to Derby. Not sure if that was accurate as I always remember people saying that Argyle fiddled their crowd figures but it was a massive crowd and as a youngster it was awesome. Far better than games I'd been at Anfield, Wembley and The City Ground Nottingham. It just felt totally different and special.

Home and away against Bristol City under Dave Smith and knowing it was a trip to Arsenal if we beat them in the replay. I sprained my ankle jumping in the Lyndhurst End when we scored in extra-time and the journey home was painful as feck but I was beaming about it being Arsenal away. I had to hobble to a job interview a couple of days later but it was all worth it. Got the job as well Very Happy 

Arsenal was brilliant despite the 6-1 thrashing. The Argyle support was amazing and not like the shit at The Emirates years later. This was 12,000+ standing and outsinging the Gooners fans whilst being stood right next to them in The Clock End.

Man City away was another great trip in a minibus full of beer and two more passengers than was legal. Another huge following which led to Maine Rd having an extra section opened for us. Again stood a few feet away from the home fans and the atmosphere was amazing.

That was another year where we had two relatively easy home draws before getting a decent draw, although we were in the same league as City at the time.

Everton at home when we drew 1-1 was another cracking game that we ought to have won and the 3-1 loss where Chadwick earned himself a transfer to us Razz 

It seemed like in the 80's and 90's we were always in the 3rd round draw but that can't be right, just my age showing and only remembering the good old days, and in fact it only seems like the last 5 or 6 years that we've struggled but again I was at cup games we lost in the early rounds so that's not right.

We'll never have a home game with a gate over 20,000 now at Home Park when it used to be 25,000+ for big cup games and the atmosphere would never be the same again anyway now it's all seater but we've been handed a great chance of getting into the 3rd round again so we shall see if someone can work out how to put the ball into the net to get us there.

I'd love another trip somewhere exotic like Yeovil or another trip to Southampton. Even away to Reading where I've got a 100% win rate would do me, being a glory hunting plastic Very Happy 

It isn't glamorous but ask any Exeter, Swindon or Pompey fan whether they would like a replay home to Lincoln and a home time at Welling if they win?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cup draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup draw   Cup draw Empty

Back to top Go down

Cup draw
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next