greensleeves
Tringreen
seadog
Rickler
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage

Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:25 am

Person Of Interest wrote:
I always wanted to believe in God, if only someone could have just shown me some proof.

But now, I have proof. God exists, and he's on ATD, which is always a Bonus, of course. Hallelujah.
Welcome home my child.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:15 pm

Selective modding. There are thousands of threads on here that go off topic regularly. Infact it's almost compulsory that they do. Splitting threads that don't stick to the subject in the title is going to take up a lot of somebodies time if this becomes the norm. To avoid arguments perhaps you should have two threads on the same subject. One for each side of an opinion so that disagreement is cut out altogether.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:19 pm

I wouldn't let it bother you too much Sensible, you can stand as a mod next time and if the majority agree with your view I am sure you will gain a position and you will be able to do it your way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Selective modding.    There are thousands of threads on here that go off topic regularly.    Infact it's almost compulsory that they do.    Splitting threads that don't stick to the subject in the title is going to take up a lot of somebodies time if this becomes the norm.    To avoid arguments perhaps you should have two threads on the same subject.    One for each side of an opinion so that disagreement is cut out altogether.    
This thread was split because we feel that you bring so much to the site with your Hinge and Bracket double act that you deserve your own thread, it's a way of paying homage to your superior arguing skills and mature musings. The other pair are just as bad but as we are a democratic site we could always have a poll to see how everybody else feels, my guess is that they will be bored of it as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Selective modding.    There are thousands of threads on here that go off topic regularly.    Infact it's almost compulsory that they do.    Splitting threads that don't stick to the subject in the title is going to take up a lot of somebodies time if this becomes the norm.    To avoid arguments perhaps you should have two threads on the same subject.    One for each side of an opinion so that disagreement is cut out altogether.    
But those threads don't contain the usual crap between you and hairy against punch and suffered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:50 pm

GOB it doesn't "bother" me in the slightest. It was just a suggestion to stop alternative views on one thread and of course arguments that follow. I've said before that I have no wish to be a Mod even if I had the technical experties to do it and cannot understand the mentality of anyone who does. You have to be slightly insane to put yourself up for it I think. Probably explains why the Mods on here are who they are. (That is a joke by the way before somebody overly sensative jumps in).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

These days I tend to steer away from the petty controversy and personality battles because it bores me, but in a nutshell I think you, your off spring, Suffered and Punch are damaging the interest of the majority that use ATD. That's all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:10 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
GOB it doesn't "bother" me in the slightest.    It was just a suggestion to stop alternative views on one thread and of course arguments that follow.     I've said before that I have no wish to be a Mod even if I had the technical experties to do it and cannot understand the mentality of anyone who does.    You have to be slightly insane to put yourself up for it I think.    Probably explains why the Mods on here are who they are.    (That is a joke by the way before somebody overly sensative jumps in).
lol! If only you knew! It's taken me three months to suss out how to log into the email account! As for being insane it probably helps but we really don't get any grief from anyone much or no more than as an ordinary poster, everybody sees that we are trying our best, not perfect but the site bumbles along without problems on the whole.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Just came across a chap on a Cyprus forum called 'sensiblebob'. What a boring tw@t ! Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 3:52 pm

GOB wrote:
These days I tend to steer away from the petty controversy and personality battles because it bores me, but in a nutshell I think you, your off spring, Suffered and Punch are damaging the interest of the majority that use ATD. That's all.
Agree totally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:27 pm

I completely agree it must be boring for everyone else, but when you get called a tosspot and a cvnt for having a veiw on a matchday thread what are you supposed to do? bit disapointing that the mods sit on the fence and do nothing about the cause of the problem which is the same individual, as always.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:32 pm

The simplest solution would be for you and punch to add hairy and sensible to your foe's list and for them to do likewise.

That way all four can remain using ATD as you wish but without winding eachother up and turning threads into personal battlegrounds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:53 pm

The simplest solution yea man, with all due repect is to sort out the root cause of the problem, if not yourself knecht gob and co, dont moan about it when it happens again, because how is it acceptable to be called a cvnt and a toss pot for having a opinion on a matchday thread or a prediction thread ?may i suggest the hand wringers stop lumping my self and punchdrunk in with the troll, and do something about it! or stop whining about it in knecht style when it all kicks off, i'm sick of the prick and i'm sure most of the other posters are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
The simplest solution yea man, with all due repect is to sort out the root cause of the problem, if not yourself knecht gob and co, dont moan about it when it happens again, because how is it acceptable to be called a cvnt and a toss pot for having a opinion on a matchday thread or a prediction thread ?may i suggest the hand wringers stop lumping my self and punchdrunk in with the troll, and do something about it! or stop whining about it in knecht style when it all kicks off, i'm sick of the prick and i'm sure most of the other posters are.

Everyone's wrong except you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 6:00 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
I'm not saying it's acceptable and if I was called a cnut I would also be unhappy, as you were.

But i'd just add them to my ignore list and be done with it.

Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 6:11 pm

Punch and Suffered are brothers right?..Or another father and son double act?..They're very close whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
I'm not saying it's acceptable and if I was called a cnut I would also be unhappy, as you were.  

But i'd just add them to my ignore list and be done with it.

Not sure how the ignore thing works but i presume you can't see anything posted by the person you're ignoring, that doesn't stop them calling you all the cnuts under the sun of course, just that you won't be able to read it but everybody else will...................ignorance is bliss i suppose. scratch 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 6:57 pm

I've done what Yea Man suggested and put two certain people on my foes/ignore list. I genuinely can't be bothered with either of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 9:54 pm

I don't use an ignore button for anyone and why should I. For SS68 to claim innocence in name calling is a complete and utter fecking joke. The man who calls pretty much anyone he feels like a cnut. He'll be putting himself up for angel of the year next. I too have an opinion and if it differs from something somebody else says then why should it not be expressed? That's the rub though, to give your honest opinion when it isn't popular just gets you called a name, doesn't it Tring? I keep asking the question of this site, do you want stereotype posters with the same opinion on everything or do you want some diversity? So far it seems to me that the former is the answer to that one despite the protests it isn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:10 pm

My view is that ATD meanders off topic regularly but at the moment if Hairy posts in s thread then he gets jumped on by other posters. If punchdrunk says something then hairy has a pop back. Sensible posts anything Rickler has a pop at sensible who then reacts and it all kicks off.

Surely by having your own thread permanently is the ideal place to slag each other off if you don't want to ignore each other? Hairys put some people on his ignore list, if the others followed suit then nobody will get upset with it and the thread will become pointless and die a death won't it?

Lots of people have complained to the mods about the ongoing feud so we have to do something or we lose posters who are fed up with it all. You have to see it from the point of view of others.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:29 pm

I think it's a little bit sad that lots of grown men would actually go to the lengths of complaining to moderators, because other people are arguing. Man up ferfoxache.

It's been said before, but a really easy solution is to put those that annoy you so much, on your ignore list. Believe me, it works!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:55 pm

Did somebody just say something?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 3:50 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I think it's a little bit sad that lots of grown men would actually go to the lengths of complaining to moderators, because other people are arguing. Man up ferfoxache.

It's been said before, but a really easy solution is to put those that annoy you so much, on your ignore list. Believe me, it works!

Boring innit ?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 5:22 am

Greenjock wrote:
My view is that ATD meanders off topic regularly but at the moment if Hairy posts in s thread then he gets jumped on by other posters. If punchdrunk says something then hairy has a pop back. Sensible posts anything Rickler has a pop at sensible who then reacts and it all kicks off.

Surely by having your own thread permanently is the ideal place to slag each other off if you don't want to ignore each other? Hairys put some people on his ignore list, if the others followed suit then nobody will get upset with it and the thread will become pointless and die a death won't it?

Lots of people have complained to the mods about the ongoing feud so we have to do something or we lose posters who are fed up with it all. You have to see it from the point of view of others.
LOl. GJ been possessed by Posty...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:35 am

Greenjock wrote:

What about creating a new forum for certain posters to slug-it-out? That way the usual suspects don't have to bother putting each other on their 'foes' list and can verbally beat the crap out of each other to their heart's content.

Two purposes would be served. 1, It would remove it away from the main topic of conversation thus saving the thread from possible melt-down. 2, It would provide endless hours of popcorn time to other ATDers.

The only thing would be what to call it? The Monkey Cage? Cesspit? Den Of Rage? Doom Room?albino
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handbags at dawn, part 564949   Handbags at dawn, part 564949 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Handbags at dawn, part 564949
Page 2 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next