Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 The Road Rage Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

Posts : 14772
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 82
Location : Ivybridge

The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:42 pm

Reading this lot, I am glad I have given up driving.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Drivers who pootle along at 40mph when the road will clearly allow more but you can't overtake - that's fine but when the come up to a 30mph limit through a village they continue at 40mph. That's not careful driving - that's plain bad driving.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:16 pm

I saw an old mate of mine at the Tamar on Saturday night who you may know called Jack Harris. We stayed the night in Calstock and left the next morning, driving through St Anne's Chapel the first thing we saw was Jack driving the opposite way behind this old fellow doing about fifteen miles an hour down the middle of the road with Jack tailgating him gobbling off like feck, you didn't have to hear what he was saying to get the gist of welsh expletives! Made I larf.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 12:59 pm

Saltash Tunnel.

Are the speed cameras up in the gantry actually live/on-line? The reason I ask is that on my way to work, when two lanes are open in my direction, other drivers are either up my kazoo, or pissing past me in the outside lane, whilst I trumble along at around 30-33mph. I never hear of anyone getting speeding tickets going too fast in the tunnel!! scratch


Last edited by Person Of Interest on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 1:02 pm

I passed my test 14years ago, but never driven since that day.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9290
Join date : 2011-10-23

The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Has anyone ever got a speeding ticket after being 'flashed' by the traffic light camera at the junction of Outland Rd/Peverell Park Rd?

I've hurtled down there for years, making sure I slow down for the speed camera oposite DHSfG's, but I got flashed by the actual traffic light camera, not the speed camera further down the road. Sad 

They clocked me doing 40 in a 30mph zone, so it's a fair cop. But it's annoying because it isn't a proper (square) speed camera - it's a (rectangular) camera that is there to catch people that jump the lights.

£85 to do the Speed Awareness Course at the Holiday Inn, by the way. So at least I won't get the 3 points. Still phucking annoying tho'... Mad 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:25 pm

I got caught twice in one day by the same speed camera, now that's a real pisser!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Are you sure ? as far as i'm aware it's impossible for a traffic light camera to read your speed, even the static speed cameras can only tell how fast you're travelling by the markings on the road. Maybe you were zapped by a handheld camera or the van with the speed camera inside, both use the layby opposite the school, if not i'd seek clarification before paying any fines or accepting any points......something's not right. scratch 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Has anyone ever got a speeding ticket after being 'flashed' by the traffic light camera at the junction of Outland Rd/Peverell Park Rd?

I've hurtled down there for years, making sure I slow down for the speed camera oposite DHSfG's, but I got flashed by the actual traffic light camera, not the speed camera further down the road. Sad 

They clocked me doing 40 in a 30mph zone, so it's a fair cop. But it's annoying because it isn't a proper (square) speed camera - it's a (rectangular) camera that is there to catch people that jump the lights.

£85 to do the Speed Awareness Course at the Holiday Inn, by the way. So at least I won't get the 3 points. Still phucking annoying tho'... Mad 
With the speed awareness course you dont get hit with the 3 points but if you screw up again within 3 years of completing the remedial training you get hit with the 3 points without the option of doing the course.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

Posts : 429
Join date : 2013-03-14
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:40 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
I passed my test 14years ago, but never driven since that day.
I empathise - passed my test 26 years ago - passed first time and thought what a feckin ghastly thing to have to do and hardly drove after that until 3 years ago. You may well take it up again one day too! The roads are full of wankers though
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:50 pm

mannameadbabe wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:
I passed my test 14years ago, but never driven since that day.
I empathise - passed my test 26 years ago - passed first time and thought what a feckin ghastly thing to have to do and hardly drove after that until 3 years ago.  You may well take it up again one day too!  The roads are full of wankers though
I concur (the wankers bit) Saying that, if I had the chance to take up driving now, knowing what I do, I actually wouldn't bother. Living in a reasonably sized city, such as Muff, I don't think there's an essential need for a car, unlike if you're out in the sticks and/or your health dictates you need one to get around.


Last edited by Person Of Interest on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
greensleeves



Posts : 517
Join date : 2013-04-21

The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:54 pm

Marsh Mills roundabout is the only major roundabout in Plymouth without any yellow boxes.As a result traffic queuing up to get into Sainsbury's from whatever direction simply blocks up traffic wanting to go elsewhere.Why no yellow boxes.Any answers..
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:56 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Marsh Mills roundabout is the only major roundabout in Plymouth without any yellow boxes.As a result traffic queuing up to get into Sainsbury's from whatever direction simply blocks up traffic wanting to go elsewhere.Why no yellow boxes.Any answers..
No yellow paint. Council austerity measures?
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Posts : 1586
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 23

The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:14 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Marsh Mills roundabout is the only major roundabout in Plymouth without any yellow boxes.As a result traffic queuing up to get into Sainsbury's from whatever direction simply blocks up traffic wanting to go elsewhere.Why no yellow boxes.Any answers..
Good point, although half the people on the road don't seem to understand box junctions anyway ...

POI is right, too. I hardly use my car: most days I go to work on the bus (less than £2 return or £40 for an all over Plymouth monthly bus pass, compared to what? £8 to park in town all day?), and the rest of the time I walk or use the bus as often as I drive. Meanwhile the poor car just sits outside waiting to go to the supermarket / take the small people somewhere / go swimming.

I wouldn't be without a car altogether, though - there's no other way of getting way out on the moors, or getting up on a Saturday morning and just deciding to go somewhere nice.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9290
Join date : 2011-10-23

The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Are you sure ? as far as i'm aware it's impossible for a traffic light camera to read your speed, even the static speed cameras can only tell how fast you're travelling by the markings on the road. Maybe you were zapped by a handheld camera or the van with the speed camera inside, both use the layby opposite the school, if not i'd seek clarification before paying any fines or accepting any points......something's not right.   scratch 
I know! I was travelling down Outland Rd (from Morrisons going towards Argyle) and there was definitely a 'flash' as I went through the junction on Peverell Corner. My first reaction was "oh feck, have I just jumped a red light?", but I was pretty sure I hadn't. Then about a week later I got the letter that I was clocked doing 40 in a 30 zone - nothing at all about jumping a red light. scratch  There definitely isn't a standard speed camera right on that junction facing the way I was travelling so I was still bemused.

I may phone them up tomorrow and try and get clarification of exactly where and how I was clocked, but annoyingly I've already paid the £85 to do the Speed Awareness Course they so generously offered me! Mad 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Peggy wrote:
greensleeves wrote:
Marsh Mills roundabout is the only major roundabout in Plymouth without any yellow boxes.As a result traffic queuing up to get into Sainsbury's from whatever direction simply blocks up traffic wanting to go elsewhere.Why no yellow boxes.Any answers..
Good point, although half the people on the road don't seem to understand box junctions anyway ...

POI is right, too. I hardly use my car: most days I go to work on the bus (less than £2 return or £40 for an all over Plymouth monthly bus pass, compared to what? £8 to park in town all day?), and the rest of the time I walk or use the bus as often as I drive. Meanwhile the poor car just sits outside waiting to go to the supermarket / take the small people somewhere / go swimming.

I wouldn't be without a car altogether, though - there's no other way of getting way out on the moors, or getting up on a Saturday morning and just deciding to go somewhere nice.
Quite, Peggy. I didn't go anywhere near a bus for years. Nowadays with the price of fuel, parking (if you can park in the city what with that bleddy Iceland car park now closed) it's just as economical, although admittedly not quite as convenient, to travel by public transport, and of course, good old leg power.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:30 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Are you sure ? as far as i'm aware it's impossible for a traffic light camera to read your speed, even the static speed cameras can only tell how fast you're travelling by the markings on the road. Maybe you were zapped by a handheld camera or the van with the speed camera inside, both use the layby opposite the school, if not i'd seek clarification before paying any fines or accepting any points......something's not right.   scratch 
I know! I was travelling down Outland Rd (from Morrisons going towards Argyle) and there was definitely a 'flash' as I went through the junction on Peverell Corner. My first reaction was "oh feck, have I just jumped a red light?", but I was pretty sure I hadn't. Then about a week later I got the letter that I was clocked doing 40 in a 30 zone - nothing at all about jumping a red light. scratch  There definitely isn't a standard speed camera right on that junction facing the way I was travelling so I was still bemused.

I may phone them up tomorrow and try and get clarification of exactly where and how I was clocked, but annoyingly I've already paid the £85 to do the Speed Awareness Course they so generously offered me! Mad 
Czarcy, it may be nothing, but, I have seen an unmarked police camera van parked just up from Peveral corner, just up from that old trophy shop on several occasions. It may be the same baaaaastards who got me on the embankment. Saying that, it could of been an ANPR van.scratch 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Speeding fines - probably the only tax that is entirely voluntary.

Of course i am willing to be corrected.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:04 pm

knecht wrote:
Speeding fines - probably the only tax that is entirely voluntary.

Of course i am willing to be corrected.
You are of course correct, Knecht, but come on - how many times have you been distracted whilst yapping away or when the wife is performing a lewd sex act on you when driving, looked down at the speedo and thought to yourself Sheeeeeeatt, at the speed you're doing. Or are you Reginald Molehusband in disguise? Laughing 
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 12032
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 62
Location : @ sea or @home

The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:09 pm

knecht wrote:
Drivers who pootle along at 40mph when the road will clearly allow more but you can't overtake - that's fine but when the come up to a 30mph limit through a village they continue at 40mph. That's not careful driving - that's plain bad driving.
Classic Scottish drivers, same speed whatever the road.

_______________________________________
Lol, fecking lol
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:52 pm

"Reginald Molehusband" .... I thought I was the only one who remembered him! Very Happy 

Of course I've broken the speed limit. Of course I've been .... errrr .... distracted whilst driving. But what pisses me off is when that happens and people are caught they actually complain about it. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. What's wrong in saying, "It's a fair cop, guv."? What pisses me off even more are people who race past me and then as there is a speed camera in front they slow down until they pass it & then speed off into the distance.

What pissed me off still more were the drivers who raced through the village I used to live in which was a rat-run between a main road and a motorway access. They were the people who split a sleepy village in two at certain times of the day making it dangerous for elderly or slow people to cross to the village shop or come out of the primary school. Especially the cnut, who I recognised as a regular, who almost knocked my little daughter over as she stumbled on her roller skates & who got out of his car after braking and shouted at the frightened little kiddie.

Road rage .... don't start me.... flower 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9290
Join date : 2011-10-23

The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:05 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Are you sure ? as far as i'm aware it's impossible for a traffic light camera to read your speed, even the static speed cameras can only tell how fast you're travelling by the markings on the road. Maybe you were zapped by a handheld camera or the van with the speed camera inside, both use the layby opposite the school, if not i'd seek clarification before paying any fines or accepting any points......something's not right.   scratch 
I know! I was travelling down Outland Rd (from Morrisons going towards Argyle) and there was definitely a 'flash' as I went through the junction on Peverell Corner. My first reaction was "oh feck, have I just jumped a red light?", but I was pretty sure I hadn't. Then about a week later I got the letter that I was clocked doing 40 in a 30 zone - nothing at all about jumping a red light. scratch  There definitely isn't a standard speed camera right on that junction facing the way I was travelling so I was still bemused.

I may phone them up tomorrow and try and get clarification of exactly where and how I was clocked, but annoyingly I've already paid the £85 to do the Speed Awareness Course they so generously offered me! Mad 
Czarcy, it may be nothing, but, I have seen an unmarked police camera van parked just up from Peveral corner, just up from that old trophy shop on several occasions. It may be the same baaaaastards who got me on the embankment. Saying that, it could of been an ANPR van.scratch 
Yeah, an unmarked van in that position would be a feasible explanation.

As long as I can get it confirmed that the lights camera didn't zap me, then I know for future reference that I can still hammer it down thru there as long as there's not a white van parked up by the lights! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Posts : 5189
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 100
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Only one speed camera in Portsmuff actually takes photos, the amount of times I've been hurtling along at 40odd just distracted by, well, everything, and not been snapped by them is unreal.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Guest
Guest



The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 6:02 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Only one speed camera in Portsmuff actually takes photos, the amount of times I've been hurtling along at 40odd just distracted by, well, everything, and not been snapped by them is unreal.
Only recently, did I find out (I think I read it somewhere) that only a small percentage of Gatso cameras actually have camera in them! FFS, it's a game of chance, init!What a Face
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9290
Join date : 2011-10-23

The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 8:34 am

I've found out this morning that two other people I know have been zapped for speeding by this very same 'traffic light' camera.

I'll ask the question when I do the speed awareness thingy in early December. Four hour course at the Holiday Inn, wonder if Heaney'll be there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
The Road Rage Thread
Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: