hippo
Czarcasm
mouldyoldgoat
green_genie
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

The Road Rage Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:26 pm

A rant to start this thread off with.
Marsh Mills Roundabout and access to Sainsburys, why oh why when you approach the Roundabout from the direction of the Embankment is there not a sign to tell you what lane to be in to get into the supermarket, on the roundabout once you leave the traffic lights about a third of the way round the roundabout it is marked on the floor "supermarket" which gives you a whopping 20-30 feet and 5 to 6 seconds to get in the correct lane.
Another thing, there are 18 pumps in that feckin fuel station at that supermarket and yet they have only half the tills manned, hence the people queuing back out onto the roundabout, if you are waiting at the lights from the slip-road off the A38 when the light turn green you cant bloody well move due to the traffic queuing to get into sainsburys.
Whoever thought off building a Supermarket on the busiest roundabout in Devon should be Tarred, Feathered and Castrated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:51 pm

You've just made me feel better. I thought it was only me who felt that!
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 5:52 pm

...and PCC's wonderful planning dept have passed plans for the Novotel to be replaced with a retail park for bulky goods despite the old Comet store standing empty within a stones throw
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:03 pm

And to continue Punch's rant, beware when you use their cash points, when I used one in the summer, the bloody thing gave me all £5 notes. According to the lady in the petrol station it is a regular thing.Evil or Very Mad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:18 pm

My chauffeur had the same problem on Wednesday when he went out to get three prostitutes and my cocaine. Naturally, I have replaced him.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:28 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
And to continue Punch's rant, beware when you use their cash points, when I used one in the summer, the bloody thing gave me all £5 notes. According to the lady in the petrol station it is a regular thing.Evil or Very Mad
Really? I like £5 notes. Very Happy 

Bit annoying if you're pulling out a couple hundred tho', granted.

On the theme of petrol stations, with the rising price of fuel and the obvious lesser ratio you get in terms of litres per £££, ain't it time the petrol pumps price ticker went up in denominations of 2p instead of a penny? Fackin annoying when it always goes to £20.01 Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:49 pm

Another one ....the A303 with stupendous amounts of "dual carriageway" ie you have 300 meters to overtake the slow bastard in front of you to be stuck behind the HGV clogging up the road in the first place...but still the pricks take it to the nearest centimeter causing the following vehicles to brake harshly to let the pricks back in.
No Police anywhere ever and i see it every week, dangerous bastards getting away with it all the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:04 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Another one ....the A303 with stupendous amounts of "dual carriageway" ie you have 300 meters to overtake the slow bastard in front of you to be stuck behind the HGV clogging up the road in the first place...but still the pricks take it to the nearest centimeter causing the following vehicles to brake harshly to let the pricks back in.
No Police anywhere ever and i see it every week, dangerous bastards getting away with it all the time.
And the speed cameras...

No idea why they dualled the A30 all the way to Truro (except for the bit near Temple) and didn't bother with the A303
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:35 pm

The roads here merge from dual to single carrigeway, however sometimes the 'fast' lane has to give way, other times its the otherway round. What really pees me off is people who feel it's better to tilt their heads in the direction they want the car to go into a corner/bend. GRRRR!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:42 pm

Too many merging roads in Plymouth, that one outside the Brit/Outland road is an absolute confusing abomination
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:45 pm

Twats hogging the middle lane doing 65-70..makes my blood boil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:06 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Too many merging roads in Plymouth, that one outside the Brit/Outland road is an absolute confusing abomination
Dreadful. One lane for the city and 2 for stoke
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:34 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
A rant to start this thread off with.
Marsh Mills Roundabout and access to Sainsburys, why oh why when you approach the Roundabout from the direction of the Embankment is there not a sign to tell you what lane to be in to get into the supermarket, on the roundabout once you leave the traffic lights about a third of the way round the roundabout it is marked on the floor "supermarket" which gives you a whopping 20-30 feet and 5 to 6 seconds to get in the correct lane.
Another thing, there are 18 pumps in that feckin fuel station at that supermarket and yet they have only half the tills manned, hence the people queuing back out onto the roundabout, if you are waiting at the lights from the slip-road off the A38 when the light turn green you cant bloody well move due to the traffic queuing to get into sainsburys.
Whoever thought off building a Supermarket on the busiest roundabout in Devon should be Tarred, Feathered and Castrated.
Spot on - and with xmas coming it's only going to get worse (because of course we suddenly start eating more than three meals a day at this time of year).

Plus (and I really was going to post this today anyway) - why the hell do so many people not understand that you ALWAYS give way to the right on a roundabout, even when it's just a mini roundabout? I've lost count of how many times I've been cut up and/or had to brake hard on the one by the exit from Sainsbury's car park - including this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:49 pm

I can solve the roundabout/Sainsburys issue and put more cash in your pocket.

Go and shop at Morrisons.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Dreadful. One lane for the city and 2 for stoke
I hate that bit of road too - and if you drive a silly little clown car like me you get bullied and carved up big time when lanes merge like that.....
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:56 pm

The one coming from Plymstock and going past Laira is the worst. Everybody gets confused.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Really? I like £5 notes. Very Happy 

Bit annoying if you're pulling out a couple hundred tho', granted.

On the theme of petrol stations, with the rising price of fuel and the obvious lesser ratio you get in terms of litres per £££, ain't it time the petrol pumps price ticker went up in denominations of 2p instead of a penny? Fackin annoying when it always goes to £20.01 Mad
It was Czar, £200 holiday spending money for the time we were down. Then nearly 60 quid for petrol. The lady at the till thought it was funny!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 9:20 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Have to agree to that one BUT! Why the fook can't people understand that merging in turn (ie. going towards Tavvy by the George hotel) is perfectly legal, what you are supposed to do and not some ulterior motive for picking a fight with a taxi driver? I am mister mellow behind the wheel nowadays after spending the last eight years in constant pain after a car accident that wasn't my fault, I will now always give way, I keep ultra safe distances from other vehicles and keep my speed well down. The other day I approached the George lights as they were changing, the outside lane only had one car in who was moving so I switched to the outside, passed the queue and as I went to pull back into the inside lane this woman drove past me on the inside, actually smoked her tyres trying not to hit the car in front of her when she slammed on the brakes and then when mental on me!
Most of the time proper road rage is only triggered by a small mistake whilst motoring, the real reason behind it is people just aren't happy with their lives, they may have huge debts, their wife or hubby may be sleeping around or they may just feel their existence is pointless (which I would agree with on the whole) but when behind the wheel things change, they become overloaded with a sense of power that they like to display with flailing arms, obscenities flowing out of their contorted faces. What's weird is that if the incident that I described above happened on a pavement 99 times out of a hundred people would only be polite, "after you, no Ladies first please after you," put the same two people in cars and it would be "feck you you slut, watch my power," as you run up the pavement really really fast weaving between the other people giving them the finger on the way past.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 9:58 am

I have to say that after driving lots in the Midlands and a fair bit in & around Sussex, on the whole the standard of driving down here is much better and more considerate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:08 am

Iggy....those drivers with road rage are only long suffering Argyle supporters.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:52 am

When did stopping at Zebra crossings become optional?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 9:11 am

Before I rant, are there any ATD cyclist?
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:04 am

GOB wrote:
Before I rant, are there any ATD cyclist?
Yep Laughing 

But feel free to rant anyway as I hate other road cyclists too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:15 am

Umm cyclists. Where do I start? Well for starters - get your fuking eyes tested for colour blindness. Red means stop at traffic lights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:18 am

This thread could go on forever. What about this one that really get's on my tits.

Drivers stopping on main roads to let someone out of a side road for no rational reason. WTF!! Why are you stopping you utter prick? You are on a main road. Traffic on side roads have to give way and/or wait for a safe gap in the traffic to pull out. Christ man.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Road Rage Thread   The Road Rage Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Road Rage Thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next