Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It is just so nice when you are proven right.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

It is just so nice when you are proven right. Empty
PostSubject: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Joe Hart?

Feckin donkey!

I have been a doubter since the early days and his current run of gaffs, ending with that debacle in the 90th minute yesterday, just reinforces the feeling that his downside out weighs the "great" saves.

The real trouble is when the headless chicken mode transmits itself to the players in front, we had a similar problem with Artur when you could clearly see he was messing with the minds of the back four, being a keeper is often more about what you don't do than what what you do.

Biggest problem is that there is no obvious better option for the England job, oh for a Gordon Banks, Shilts or even a little Seaman, oooh er, they seemed so much calmer and less susceptible to being wound up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:20 pm

All keepers go through it - Shilton did it in the World Cup semi-final when he got lobbed from a deflection, Seaman got lobbed against Brazil. It probably doesn't help Hart that his back four keep changing. It also doesn't help that the media latch onto every minor error.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:02 pm

I thought he was a great keeper, especially shot stopping but his decision making seems to have gone to pot. Reminiscent of Brucie over the years, having to weigh up if his wonder saves make up for his howlers.

Not sure who would replace him for England, maybe the Celtic keeper? At least he has European experience.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:03 pm

hairy j wrote:
It also doesn't help that the media latch onto every minor error.

"minor error" ?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 pm

while I think hart is the best we have, he has been making mistakes on a regular basis for 12 months now

He needs a kick up the ass by being dropped, he has become too comfortable and become complacent
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:51 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Joe Hart?

Feckin donkey!

I have been a doubter since the early days and his current run of gaffs, ending with that debacle in the 90th minute yesterday, just reinforces the feeling that his downside out weighs the "great" saves.

The real trouble is when the headless chicken mode transmits itself to the players in front, we had a similar problem with Artur when you could clearly see he was messing with the minds of the back four, being a keeper is often more about what you don't do than what what you do.

Biggest problem is that there is no obvious better option for the England job, oh for a Gordon Banks, Shilts or even a little Seaman, oooh er, they seemed so much calmer and less susceptible to being wound up.
you not a keeper then....
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 2:08 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
being a keeper is often more about what you don't do than what what you do.

Actually the phrase could have been in quotes because is was said to me by someone.

That someone did happen to have been a decent keeper in his time, in fact he played in a Cup Winners Cup semi final so I am guessing he knew a tad more about the game that a feck'tard like you. I didn't put it in quotes because on this occasion it was my opinion based on watching "England's No.1" do something when doing nothing would have been a better idea.

Simple concepts once again evading the simple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 2:21 pm

So "being a keeper is often more about what you don't do than what what you do"? That seems a pretty vacuous statement. Isn't everything like that? For example, I will refrain from calling you a "feck'tard" and simply point out that some keepers are just as thick or as bright as some non-keepers - like ordinary people really. My response being a perfect example of what you don't do versus what you do do.

Just because they jumped around between the sticks doesn't make experienced keepers philosophical experts in the art of being a keeper.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 7:46 pm

knecht wrote:
So "being a keeper is often more about what you don't do than what what you do"? That seems a pretty vacuous statement. Isn't everything like that? For example, I will refrain from calling you a "feck'tard" and simply point out that some keepers are just as thick or as bright as some non-keepers - like ordinary people really. My response being a perfect example of what you don't do versus what you do do.

Just because they jumped around between the sticks doesn't make experienced keepers philosophical experts in the art of being a keeper.
Ah!But!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/6941924/Albert-Camus-thinker-goalkeeper.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 7:48 pm

Greenskin wrote:
knecht wrote:

Ah!But!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/6941924/Albert-Camus-thinker-goalkeeper.html
And Pope Paul was a keeper in his youth (or at least one of the Popes was). Some keepers are therefore heavenly.

On the other hand Pat Jennings was not an intellectual giant.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:54 am

If England had a back-up of any sort of calibre then I'd be all for dropping Hart.

As it is, we have John Ruddy. Nigel Martyn, he aint.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:58 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
If England had a back-up of any sort of calibre then I'd be all for dropping Hart.

As it is, we have John Ruddy. Nigel Martyn, he aint.
We could always squeeze Seaman out of retirement  (cue sniggering childish remarks Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
being a keeper is often more about what you don't do than what what you do.

Actually the phrase could have been in quotes because is was said to me by someone.

That someone did happen to have been a decent keeper in his time, in fact he played in a Cup Winners Cup semi final so I am guessing he knew a tad more about the game that a feck'tard like you. I didn't put it in quotes because on this occasion it was my opinion based on watching "England's No.1" do something when doing nothing would have been a better idea.

Simple concepts once again evading the simple.

i love you...
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 4:53 pm

So the Pelican finally works out what I could have told him weeks ago and dropped the dead donkey.

Hart has all the attributes to be a great keeper but with dopey pundits still calling him "world class" when he is in fact just a big, knob head there would seem to be little chance of him fulfilling the promise.

99% of top class sport is down to ability, application and good coaching, unfortunately for Joe the single most important 1% is between the ears.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 6:50 pm

The problem with being a keeper is that every mistake is now pinpointed by the media.
Hart is still a good keeper but I think at the moment he is more worried about his hair.
Apparently Fraser Forster has been playing well lately so must be worth a look.
There is also a mentality that comes across within the England setup of certain players being picked no matter what, instead of players in form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 6:58 pm

I've never completely made up my mind about who England's best keeper has been. I tend towards Banks but Shilton pushes him really closely.

We used to have world class keepers now we are struggling to find an ok one. Why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 7:03 pm

More to do with the way the game has changed I would say.
Plus the multiple camera angles and replays don't help either.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Me, I think the wafty new balls and squad rotation leading to the lack of settled defences contribute to keeper issues, Hart has suffered particularly with the latter, although I still maintain his bigger issues are feck'tardery and the lack of a strong wrist.

The England job is a big problem, FF has to perform in Europe while the rest of the time he is up agin pub players, Foster is close to as big a dodge as Hart, Ruddy ain't ready, Butland, after a good start, has had his butt handed to him on far too many occasions already.

San fairy ann as they say cos Woy is an obstinate tw@ at the best of times so will not be changing his socks let alone his keeper.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Episode 2.

I'll bet there isn't one of you who doesn't know some gobby know all tw@ of a footy expert who consistently slags off Michael Carrick, well word up mugs, since he got injured Manure have looked exactly that, Carrick should be a shoe in for them and England.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:15 am

Thing is its what Carrick doesn't do that makes him great.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 9:18 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Episode 2.

I'll bet there isn't one of you who doesn't know some gobby know all tw@ of a footy expert who consistently slags off Michael Carrick, well word up mugs, since he got injured Manure have looked exactly that, Carrick should be a shoe in for them and England.

i can think of one off the top of my head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 9:47 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Episode 2.

(Sniggers childishly)  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 11:07 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Episode 2.

They say exceptions prove rules, the fact that one guy has no friends would seem to confirm that.

Another one that soooo many just couldn't see the value of is Gareth Barry, Martinez was in for him like a rat up an aqueduct and can now play the system he wants to without sacrificing the integrity of his defence, they played the Arse off the park with Barry as the MoM, imho.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:57 pm

A double wammy, Gerard out and the Poo play great plus the man to step forward is the much maligned Jordan Henderson, I have bigged him up since the early days at Soonderland, he is in my book a more mobile version of Michael carrick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 7:30 pm

Yes but the thing is managers are different in the way they want their team to play.
What might work for a player under one manager does not mean it will under another.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It is just so nice when you are proven right.   It is just so nice when you are proven right. Empty

Back to top Go down

It is just so nice when you are proven right.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next