Han Solos Other Ship
Dougie
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Landed on my pathway (the postie seemed to have trouble finding mypostbox.....privatise the lot of 'em) this morning. Thank you Blake. Great 'advert' in it. Well done whoever produced that one.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 4:40 pm

Reading Rub of the Greens. Great stat. It's nearly 8 years since an Argyle player scored a hat trick. Guess which Argyle legend holds the honour? I'll tell you you'd only google it anyway. The fragrant Vincent Pericard in February 2006. Well done if you got that at home.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 4:43 pm

V Cov iirc? Then we signed him and he was shit
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Call me square but I saw VP's hat trick at HP v Coventry who were absolutely the pits.Then had the pleasure of seeing a VP headed goal at Millwall. Happy days....well we were in the CCC
Back to top Go down

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:51 pm

The one before that was Friio, can't remember who against though.
Back to top Go down

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:52 pm

I can't remember the last time we scored in three consecutive games.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me

1) they were the only goals he ever scored for us
2) each goal was incredibly easy

I wonder if there is footage on-line somewhere?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Coxside_Green

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
V Cov iirc? Then we signed him and he was shit
Thought he was always a loanee and Pulis signed him for Stoke the following season?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 6:06 pm

One of the goals is anyway.

They don't get much easier than that!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 6:07 pm

Friio's hat-trick was in the 7-0 v Chesterfield.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 6:15 pm

In Pericard's defence, as I recall, he came here after some horrific injury/ies. His forward partners at the time were the retiring Trigger, Chadwick and the disinterested lad from Wolves. We were playing the most horrible (although successful) defensive brand of football we'd probably ever witnessed. Pericard and Pulis probably weren't the best match for their respective styles.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 8:15 pm

Pericard looked a finisher that day. As Coxy says, his competition in the squad was Chadwick (holy fook how did we re-invite that curse into our town) and Trigger, so when he buried a couple of one-on-ones it was a breath of fresh air. Didn't do anything else in the next 10 or so games, mind. Cant remember him missing a shedload of chances either, I just don't think we created anything under Triffic.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:09 pm

PS Douglas, what advert?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sparkk

Sparkk

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:49 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
In Pericard's defence, as I recall, he came here after some horrific injury/ies.  His forward partners at the time were the retiring Trigger, Chadwick and the disinterested lad from Wolves.  We were playing the most horrible (although successful) defensive brand of football we'd probably ever witnessed.  Pericard and Pulis probably weren't the best match for their respective styles.
Wasn't that Leon Clarke? I think he's banging the goals in for Cov now. But yes, he did look disinterested and pretty awful...I seem to remember he had nice gold boots though (?!) so at least he looked the part!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:15 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I'm sure he scored v Millwall at the Den around March that season??
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:31 am

Freathy wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

He did.He also set up Trigger's goal in his [Trigger's] farewell match against Ipswich with a near post flick on but can't remember too much else about him,except that he spent a brief spell in jail for doing 130mph on the A38 and trying to say that one of his relatives was responsible,which would have been quite an achievement as it turned out that the said relative had never actually been to England.Smile 
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:57 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
PS Douglas, what advert?
There's a spoof advert for Pasoti. I'll try to scan later.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

He did.He also set up Trigger's goal in his [Trigger's] farewell match against Ipswich with a near post flick on but can't remember too much else about him,except that he spent a brief spell in jail for doing 130mph on the A38 and trying to say that one of his relatives was responsible,which would have been quite an achievement as it turned out that the said relative had never actually been to England.Smile 
I heard an interview with Pericard on 5Live a couple of years ago. He's now involved with helping foreign players find their feet in Britain - all the things we take for granted but which are different in different countries - and made a veiled reference to this incident. I think he said something about having lots of relevant experience. Bless.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:16 am

Dougie wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
PS Douglas, what advert?
There's a spoof advert for Pasoti.  I'll try to scan later.

Get un up on flickrrrrrrr bhey.
Back to top Go down

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:51 am

Peggy wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I heard an interview with Pericard on 5Live a couple of years ago. He's now involved with helping foreign players find their feet in Britain - all the things we take for granted but which are different in different countries - and made a veiled reference to this incident. I think he said something about having lots of relevant experience. Bless.
He was featured on the World Football programme on the World Service. Suffered from depression whilst at Stoke (who doesn't!). As you say he now tries to help foreign players settling in the UK. Came across as a nice man, but then it was an interview rather than a night out.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:49 pm

mine landed on my mat today and im a contributor lol! 

seriously though hes struggled for copy this time, come on ATD guys get something written up for him theres plenty to comment on
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Got mine today too, excellent spoof ad too.
Back to top Go down

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Elias wrote:
mine landed on my mat today and im a contributor lol! 

seriously though hes struggled for copy this time, come on ATD guys get something written up for him theres plenty to comment on
Rentgate? lol! 

Can anyone scan the spoof ad?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Just warming up me fooking scanner you wanker, old on!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Hurry up then Seadog FFS! Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rub of the Greens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rub of the Greens   Rub of the Greens Empty

Back to top Go down

Rub of the Greens
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next