mouldyoldgoat
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Hold on to your hats chaps! Empty
PostSubject: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Could be a bit wet and windy! Shocked 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:52 pm

yeah yeah yeah, love n kisses mike fish : )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:43 am

We had a storm in 'muff at about 5am-ish. It was proper windy, chucked it down and there was thunder and lightning - woke me up. It's a bit windy out but blue skies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 12:51 pm

hairy j wrote:
We had a storm in 'muff at about 5am-ish. It was proper windy, chucked it down and there was thunder and lightning - woke me up. It's a bit windy out but blue skies.
Worse on it's way tonight Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Had a stroll on the Hoe this morning with the kids. Pretty wild !

Took my life in my hands getting that last snap!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:26 pm

Beautiful photos - I love it when the sea's all proper like that. Thanks Czar flower 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:20 pm

My sister's expecting a right wild night in porthleven. It gets a bit stormy down there when the sun's out everywhere else.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:41 pm

It is starting to get a bit wild up here now. No rain yet but the wind is getting up.
I hope to get home from work before it all kicks off. affraid 

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 6:47 pm

The 'storm' makes landfall around midnight and will move eastward pretty much clearing the area by about 4am tomorrow.  Cornwall and Plymouth should avoid the worst of it with the highest winds being along the east devon, dorset, hampshire and sussex coasts.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:53 pm

Great photos, I like seeing the sea (from a safe distance) behaving in a rough manner. We have an orange warning for wave heights of 4-5 meters, however, being more than 60km inland, I doubt it'll worry us, would love to see 'em though. All you in the way of the weather, keep yourselves safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Big waves look great in photos but not so wonderful if you are sat under one on the bridge of a ship looking up at it. Occasional gusts at moment but not the worst of it yet me thinks. Gonna get worse.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:10 am

Its lashing down here now. No big wind outside. Can't say the same about in doors!Embarassed 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:48 am

Just walked home in light rain and gentle wind. Meh!

It's always good weather in Cornwall.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:19 am

Blowing a bar steward in Pompey.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:42 am

Not to bad in Muff.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:48 am

House taken a bit of a battering during the night but all seems well. Still a bit blowy outside but wind subsided in doors! Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:36 am

Bird feeders blowing horizontal at times...but not worrying the birds cos they aint using em...believe it or not.

One concession to the wind....kept bedroom window close last night....lifes tough aint it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:06 am

I rowed my fourteen foot boat out and sheltered behind the eddy stone rock last night and did a bit of night fishing, rain was quite heavy in the showers and it did blow a bit but all in all not too bad.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:12 am

Yes, but what did you catch?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:21 am

From The Herald web-site:

"Police were called to The Hoe after reports of something in the water, feared to be a person, but it turned out to be a stick."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:27 am

I didn't think it was as bad as some we've had, even the garage roof managed to remain fixed!

There is something weird though, the other half reckons she saw a seal in the Plym yesterday!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:34 am

GOB wrote:

I didn't think it was as bad as some we've had, even the garage roof managed to remain fixed!

There is something weird though, the other half reckons she saw a seal in the Plym yesterday!
We often get one or two coming up the Tamar to the fringe of Calstock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:40 am

knecht wrote:
GOB wrote:

We often get one or two coming up the Tamar to the fringe of Calstock.
I dare say it's possible Knecht, I have seen them in the Sound on several occasions but never in the Plym. I suppose the storm could have confused the poor chap or maybe now that the tip is shut there's less pollution and the wildlife is returning. I suggested that it may have been a log washed down by the storm but she's convinced it was a seal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 11:12 am

Salmon will be running up the Plym now, that's why the seals there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 11:33 am

The storm's a good thing for some people. Can't get into work or go shopping in some places and shortass scumbag private investigators can go through people's bins without having to use a ladder.

Hooper can be reading neighbours correspondence,checking to see what debts they have etc and say he was just replacing the bin outside the right house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hold on to your hats chaps!   Hold on to your hats chaps! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hold on to your hats chaps!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next