Coxside_Green
akagreengull
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

We have a poor side. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We have a poor side.   We have a poor side. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Sheridan says in today's Herald that they need a lift and are currently talking to a striker. I wonder who it is and if he is any good.

Because he will need to be if Argyle are to shake off this dry spell and start climbing the L2 table...
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: We have a poor side.   We have a poor side. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 12:44 am

Is that likely to be a solution? Unless you're creating chances and they're not being converted another striker probably won't help.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: We have a poor side.   We have a poor side. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Absolutely Jabba, last season and so far this season, any striker in a green shirt has been hampered by poor or non existant wing play, poor passing out of midfield, consistent long balls into the box presenting as easy prey for most goalies or experienced defenders, corners that are consistently woeful and ineffective set pieces.
Apart from that it's all good.Razz 
Until Sheridan improves the basics any half decent striker will struggle to get the ball on his foot in a dangerous position in the current set up.
I just don't buy what Sheridan says e.g if we just keep plugging away it will turn around.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: We have a poor side.   We have a poor side. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 3:34 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Absolutely Jabba, last season and so far this season, any striker in a green shirt has been hampered by poor or non existant wing play, poor passing out of midfield, consistent long balls into the box presenting as easy prey for most goalies or experienced defenders, corners that are consistently woeful and ineffective set pieces.
Apart from that it's all good.Razz 
Until Sheridan improves the basics any half decent striker will struggle to get the ball on his foot in a dangerous position in the current set up.
I just don't buy what Sheridan says e.g if we just keep plugging away it will turn around.

Argyle played well at Birmingham City and Cheltenham Town. They also apparently put in a shift on the long trips to Scunthorpe United and Hartlepool United.

Argyle were ok for the first 20 minutes or so Vs Portsmouth and came out the better team against a poor Bristol Rovers side.

There are some very small sparks of decent-ish football on show at times,but this is often cancelled out by some atrocious performances. Players in the wrong position,players wondering around like lost souls,wings left wide open [teams have (and will) exploit this and surely JS can see like the rest of us can] and frequent back-passing when in possession.

For the life of me,i can't get my head around what is going on in the day-to-day training regime.

It is all well said and done when we hear that training is going well,yet when Argyle get onto the pitch they seem to disappear for the majority of a game.

I don't know if ANOTHER striker will do the trick. It just smacks of desperation,as the ones we have already are not working out.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: We have a poor side.   We have a poor side. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Wheres this striker then ? ?? ?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: We have a poor side.   We have a poor side. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Since posting this thread after the Newport game on Oct 22nd we have clearly greatly improved the squad with the added bonus surprise Banton has signed on a permanent - did'nt see that on coming. So fellow Geenies the Jan window has opened and Sheridan is doing on the face of it some decent deals.
Given all that has been said - where does it leave us in our criticism of Brent on this forum?
 cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We have a poor side.   We have a poor side. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:04 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Since posting this thread after the Newport game on Oct 22nd we have clearly greatly improved the squad with the added bonus surprise Banton has signed on a permanent - did'nt see that on coming. So fellow Geenies the Jan window has opened and Sheridan is doing on the face of it some decent deals.
Given all that has been said - where does it leave us in our criticism of Brent on this forum?
 cheers 

I always said mr brent was a true green, you freaks make me laugh the way you slag him off, cant wait for the new mega stand either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We have a poor side.   We have a poor side. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 5:33 pm

Brent is and always will be an asset stripping suit, him and his kind pay less than any working man toward the running of the country but argue that because the people they employ at the coal face pay tax then they don't need to. He is hampering the club in the future by lying to the fanbase about making the club sustainable whilst feathering his own nest and building the clusterfuck. (It remains to be seen whether he will actually build anything).
As to the football I am absolutely delighted that the team have turned the corner, if Speccy had backed the team from the off we would already been at least in league one but hey ho we have progress now and I welcome that. I will add the caveat that when we beat everybody home and away this month will be the time to start getting excited about promotion.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: We have a poor side.   We have a poor side. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 2:51 am

argyle 0 southend 1 you can just feel it cant you ?  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: We have a poor side.   We have a poor side. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:46 am

Don't say that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We have a poor side.   We have a poor side. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

We have a poor side.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2