Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds Empty
PostSubject: Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds   Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 am

If you take the same teams we've played this season and compare our points tally against last seasons results then we are already 7 points down versus 2012/2013. Not great for a team that survived on the last day of the season.

Last year we beat Southend and Morecambe away from home, as well as drew with Exeter.

Not scientific but given our current points tally gives us 42 points and we're the lowest scorers in the league it's more credible than someone arguing that we won't be relegated.

Our next five fixtures see us playing 7th placed Mansfield, a 6 pointer against Aidy Boothroyd and an away game at bottom half York followed by Torquay and Daggers. If we're not taking at least 9 from those games then we're in deep trouble.

Latest odds to get relegated. Best price 9/1 at Paddy Power. That is seriously tempting.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds   Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:01 am

If you'd placed a tenner on Argyle losing every game and us to get relegated in the last five years you'd be a millionaire by now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds   Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:09 am

I have only placed a bet once in my life and I can't even remember how to do it, but at those odds I am very tempted to chuck 500 quid at that one!
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds   Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 2:39 pm

GOB wrote:
I have only placed a bet once in my life and I can't even remember how to do it, but at those odds I am very tempted to chuck 500 quid at that one!

It's still likely that you'll be saved by the fact there are two worse teams than you. After all you've conceded the joint-fewest goals of any side in the bottom half. Accrington will probably be one of those teams and sadly Torquay will probably be the other. It may be tighter than last season though, as from reading around it seems that a couple of the other sides down there might be in a false position. For example Northampton seem to attract their fair share of praise  - Tisdale described them as the best side he'd seen when we beat them away and Keith Hill said they were "magnificent" when his side beat them last night. I doubt Argyle Nil are being talked about in such glowing terms.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds   Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 7:18 pm

We got a crap manager, a piss poor coaching staff, a squad of losers, and the club is owned by brent!why would anyone think the club wont be non league this time next year?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds   Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 10:19 pm

ive backed argyle to go down the last two seasons 8/1 and 7/1 I got then I think, gotta think if we lose tomorrow best high street price will be 9/4 !
Back to top Go down
happypilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds   Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:45 pm

And 6 points later ..... your VERY quiet !
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds   Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:52 pm

stop it happy!...they dont do happy on this website....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds   Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:01 pm

Most of us are very happy with the last two results, what strange comments..........anyone would think you were trying to stir the shit. Wink 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds   Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:02 pm

happypilgrim wrote:
Which "your" are you referring to? Most of the above posts were taking a realistic assessment at the time. Indeed, the first post suggested we need to take 9 points from the next 4 games. So far, with two to go, we may be on target.

Or were you just trying to score points?

With the odd exception on here, people are very happy to see us climbing out of the mire and are very happy to share that. On the other hand, it is difficult to be overcome with joy yet.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds   Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:05 pm

happypilgrim wrote:
You really don't get it do you
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds   Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:18 pm

A long way to go yet..............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds   Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:32 pm

'Not scientific'

That sums the whole thread up.

We are a much better squad this season. Conversely teams which took points off us last season won't get them this season.

And as a result of us being better we won't be in a relegation struggle. Not even in the bottom quarter, I predict, and a good chance of top half.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds   Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds Empty

Back to top Go down

Relegation / Points Stats and Latest Odds
Page 1 of 1