Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...

Go down 
+7
Elias
Greenskin
jabba the gut ecfc
Jethro
Dougie
Czarcasm
VillageGreen
11 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... Empty
PostSubject: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 2:32 pm

What has it come to when Newport County fans would be disappointed with a draw at Home Park ffs!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Errington is gunning for Sheridan there. Thats probably the most forthright piece he's penned in years.

Anything to deflect any criticism from Baby James innit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 3:02 pm

I hope that we can turn Newport over, like anybody else I am not confident but surely we can't be worse than last year? Sheridan getting sacked will just be a worse nightmare than we have now, the budget will be gone Wotton or some other player will get the gig and we will struggle with them until at least until after Christmas, we need a proper bona fide goalscorer and we have to pay to obtain his services, do it sooner rather than later Brent you muppet, it was obvious that last season we would have been sunk without the loanees?
I did notice in the comments that two poster are asking where Gardner Todd and Stapleton are? pig 
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Iggy wrote:
I hope that we can turn Newport over, like anybody else I am not confident but surely we can't be worse than last year? Sheridan getting sacked will just be a worse nightmare than we have now, the budget will be gone Wotton or some other player will get the gig and we will struggle with them until at least until after Christmas, we need a proper bona fide goalscorer and we have to pay to obtain his services, do it sooner rather than later Brent you muppet, it was obvious that last season we would have been sunk without the loanees?
I did notice in the comments that two poster are asking where Gardner Todd and Stapleton are? pig 
Did anyone one see the immediately locked thread on Pasoti from Greengenes entitled Wotton with the body of the post just being Wink 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Dougie wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Did anyone one see the immediately locked thread on Pasoti from Greengenes entitled Wotton with the body of the post just being Wink 
Yah I saw that Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Errington is gunning for Sheridan there. Thats probably the most forthright piece he's penned in years.

Anything to deflect any criticism from Baby James innit.
people still read what that tosser writes ?
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:06 pm

I never realised quite how bad things are for you boys, at least if this post is correct.

"Re: Can Plymouth - Stop The Rot. Tuesday?
Postby excessbee on October 21st, 2013, 9:38 am

...of Plymouth's 8 goals, 3 were in one match (at Cheltenham) and of the other 5, two were penalties.

Given that one of the other goals was also a set-piece (Luke Young's free kick against us) this would mean that barring the Cheltenham game you have only scored two goals from open play all season.

???

Surely not?

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:29 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
I never realised quite how bad things are for you boys, at least if this post is correct.

...of Plymouth's 8 goals, 3 were in one match (at Cheltenham) and of the other 5, two were penalties.

Given that one of the other goals was also a set-piece (Luke Young's free kick against us) this would mean that barring the Cheltenham game you have only scored two goals from open play all season.

???

Surely not?
I think you peruse these Boards frequently enough to know just how awful we are now, and have been for the last five years, Jabbs.

<<<STOP PRESS>>> Argyle are utterly shit! Who'd a fought it eh?

Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:38 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

???

Surely not?
I think you peruse these Boards frequently enough to know just how awful we are now, and have been for the last five years, Jabbs.

<<<STOP PRESS>>> Argyle are utterly shit! Who'd a fought it eh?

Of course, but it's a genuine question - are those stats true? Something tells me that the Cheltenham game referred to was not a league fixture, which might skew things. So have you really only scored two goals from open play in the League? That sounds pretty incredible even by your current standards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:48 pm

The Cheltenham game was a league match. We also played them in the paint pot cup and won on pens.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Rather weirdly,Argyle have scored 6 goals in 3 cup matches,all away from home and all from open play as far as i can remember.OK,two of those matches were in the pisspot cup and Cheltenham and Birmingham haven't been noted for their iron defences this season but nonetheless it's a very big difference between the formats.Wonder why that should be?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 2:23 am

we're seen as a soft touvh and have been the whole time ive followed argyle (30years next season)
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 8:01 am

Greenjock wrote:
Dougie wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Yah I saw that Suspect 
That's worrying!

I actually just tried to look on pasoti but it's completely down atm
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 9:32 am

That's not worrying (pasoti being down that is)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:47 am

That's a couple of mysterious posts greengenes has made there recently. He started one asking if hacking was illegal as well.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:53 am

Greenjock wrote:
That's a couple of mysterious posts greengenes has made there recently. He started one asking if hacking was illegal as well.
I think he likes people to think he might know something. He posts the 'oh woe is me' stuff occasionally too, with the same intention of drawing attention/sympathy to himself. It's quite tedious.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 1:53 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
I think he likes people to think he might know something.  He posts the 'oh woe is me' stuff occasionally too, with the same intention of drawing attention/sympathy to himself. It's quite tedious.
The irony would stun a team of oxen.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:14 am

Greenjock wrote:
The Cheltenham game was a league match. We also played them in the paint pot cup and won on pens.
I've just been told that in fact one of the two goals from open play I mentioned earlier was actually scored from a header after a free-kick. If this is true then in reality you could be said to have scored ONE goal from open play in 12 games (excluding the Cheltenham match).

Unless you sort this out fast, you are potentially looking at four goals from open play for the whole season. Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked .

That's got to be close to some kind of record.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:40 am

As Ridsdale famously said, " they seem to have forgotten they are a football club."
Feckin wankstains.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:43 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I've just been told that in fact one of the two goals from open play I mentioned earlier was actually scored from a header after a free-kick. If this is true then in reality you could be said to have scored ONE goal from open play in 12 games (excluding the Cheltenham match).

Unless you sort this out fast, you are potentially looking at four goals from open play for the whole season. Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked .

Correct Jabba- aside the Cheltenham game, the only goal from open play we have scored all season is Hourihane's against Pompey live on Sky.

The only halves of football that we have scored from open play in are the first half against Cheltenham and the first half against Pompey. That's 2 out of 26.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:57 pm

That has to be certain bottom of the Football League form, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Wouldn't that be exactly how many City managed in slightly less than an hour on Saturday?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Wouldn't that be exactly how many City managed in slightly less than an hour on Saturday?
With some bloody corkers in there. Your first goal was well worked and well the second was something special.

Don't forget Hourihane's against Pompey whilst from open play would be credited as an unforced error in tennis so bad was the defending.

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Pokesdown wrote:

With some bloody corkers in there. Your first goal was well worked and well the second was something special.

A shame we didn't stick at three and save one for last night when I was there, tbh we looked a tad clueless in the last third with no edge, could have been two different teams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...   A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game... Empty

Back to top Go down

A Newport County View On Tuesday's Game...
Page 1 of 1