hippo
Tgwu
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 5:18 pm

Just sat in the Lisson Grove doctors surgery - bloody nightmare - kids screaming and a woman across from me lifting her right cheek, farting loudly and then declaring 'pardon me'..... Was like Bedlam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 5:20 pm

On the sofa, Poppy McDougall is snuggled underneath
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 6:46 pm

ive put my back out
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Bad news just heard the little ones are having a sleep over tomorrow. if I like a glass of alcohol I would go to a pub.  (by the way my brother owns a pub)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 8:24 am

I like pubs
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 8:52 am

White van dropped off a young fella over the road at about 7.45 this morning. He got a wheelbarrow and started shifting 'stuff' about. White van drove off. Young fella gets his phone out and a flask and sits down. 8.35am White van starts coming back down the road - young fella drops his phone, stuffs his flask inside his jacket and hurriedly starts moving 'stuff' about again in the wheelbarrow.

Amusing.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 8:56 am

Decided to wean myself off playing Farmville.......  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:26 am

On the little one's computer (PC) which I set up in a cupboard, My laptop has broken its hinges rails on an HP Pavilion DV2000 laptop 14.1" LCD it will take a month to get here. (£6)
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 9:57 pm

Not sure where to put this. Was reading, conspiracy theory books mainly, and saw a reference to dish-towels. Why are they called tea towels? Can't even imagine a reason for this. Just made me ponder.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:05 pm

Towels used to dry the dishes you used when you had your tea, maybe? But then you'd have dinner towels too, and breakfast towels. Not to mention snacks-in-between-meals towels.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:14 pm

Surely that would mean that you need a massive cupboard in your kitchen for towels, a towelitrie if you will. Just wondering on the origination of the term tea towels. It seems odd to me and something that I'd never noticed before. Mundane, but unusual perhaps.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:40 pm

Quite beautifully mundane. Foreshore.

Elsewhere, it's getting a bit blowy outside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:11 am

I've got a really itchy ear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:36 am

Tea-towels were used to dry expensive china tea-cups & saucers in England. Dish-towels are American. (Thanks google.)

I use a dish-cloth to do the dishes. This all gets confusing.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:03 am

I prefer to wash the dishes than use the dishwasher - I use that mostly as a massive draining device - keeps the draining board clear and then just close the door while the dishes dry  cat 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:17 am

I don't even have a draining-board.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:19 am

knecht wrote:
I don't even have a draining-board.

Not surprised about that Knecht, you don't have a road to your house either!  Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:33 am

Should have lots of water though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:15 pm

Just nailed the garage roof down!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:15 pm

hand towels, face towels, bath towels, tea towels - bits of material to dry things with.
i own an arse towel
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 1:54 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
hand towels, face towels, bath towels, tea towels - bits of material to dry things with.
i own an arse towel

It happens to us all eventually.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 3:13 pm

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 4:09 pm

I have a bar of soap that says face on one side and fanny on the other....... Never used it!
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 4:30 pm

My cats don't like catnip.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Someone was telling me about a friend who was asleep starkers upstairs one morning. When his wife shouted that there was a leak under the sink he jumped up, went down stairs to fix it. Anyway while under the sink their kitten decided to attack him with its claws! He ended up with 12 stitches. 6 on the top of his head when he jumped up and 6 on his onion bag!  affraid Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next