X Isle
Mapperley, darling
argyledj
Mock Cuncher
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

FAO The President (Chris) Empty
PostSubject: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:34 am

Chris, you have been rewarded for your hard work and whilst we maybe critical of some aspects of your reward I don't think any of us would be critical of the amount of work you put in. I read also that IJN has now received a letter from James Brent thanking him and that's a reward for him along with one or two other perks.

Forgive me for saying that there's one person that has done more to save the club then the two of you have achieved together, yet has been ignored in the handing out of thank you gifts, he hasn't been made a President or been given a parking space yet has worked tirelessly in the background and has literally saved the club.

The most deserving fan to receive an award should surely be Posty, why is he being ignored?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Argyle 1-0 up   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:19 am

Tony are talking about Newell's letter as if it was scribed by Wordsworth himself and signed off by The Queen. It's only a letter!

As for The Code, tho i oft disagree with some of the weird things he brings up in his match reports/analysis, he seemed a decent enough chap when he was posting here, and it is undeniable that he saved us being wound up 100% back in January. He seems to shun the spotlight a bit more tho, which could be semi-admirable?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:35 am

I think you're right Mock, Posty isn't the type of character to boast about what he's done so others need to do it for him.

We should make this a campaign!

Come On Chris, Posty should have been the first to be recognised, make good use of that Presidency and do something about it!
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:41 am

but he was anti brent at the begining and was buttivants spokesman and firmly behind his bed until one day he completely changed sides without so much as an explanation or even admiting that buttivant was a dreamer who also dragged out the process.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:56 am

i thought the consensus on here was not to out people that dont want the limelight? Perhaps posty needs to be consulted first? just a thought..
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:01 am

Indeed he was/did change allegiances, but that didn't prevent IJN from receiving his gifts when he went from "Ridsdale is a snake" to suddenly being buddies the guy.

Posty deserves recognition more then anyone in my opinion.

Fair comment Sneinton, being the character that Posty is I doubt he'll seek the limelight, that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be recognised and be placed in the history books as the one that really did save the club.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:07 am

the recognition he deserves is here for all eternity now, but if it needs to be written elsewhere then he needs consulting. btw not trying to argue here as i agree wholeheartedly with your comments, i just find it...what can i say..two faced maybe, to say some people must be outed whilst its a crime for others- we all know who- to out people on different matters. a rule for everyone or we risk ending up being pasoti
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:15 am

But this outed malarkey is down to the context isn't it? I think everyone knows who Posty is and I'm sure he wouldn't mind what we called him providing the context he is named in, is deemed to be for good cause. "Some" would use the naming context to bully and belittle, the context used here is for good intention.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:34 am

argyledj wrote:
but he was anti brent at the begining and was buttivants spokesman and firmly behind his bed until one day he completely changed sides without so much as an explanation or even admiting that buttivant was a dreamer who also dragged out the process.

As the most vocal pro Brent voice at the time in question I would like to correct that, it's at best a misconception, at worst a gross distortion.

Ian's position on Paul Buttivant was spawned from a desire for each and every interested party to be given a fair hearing, to see what they have to offer. It was probably as much to do with me banging Brents drum and pooh poohing all the opposition that he decided to pick up Buttivants regimental colours and march forward with them.

Ian seems to have a problem with me, he bears me a grudge but as you know I can't hold a grudge as long as I can hold my breath. So, irrespective of whatever his problem is with me, i'll defend him on this point. Yes he championed Buttivant but all I ever understood he was doing was providing balance by doing exactly what I was doing at the time with James Brent. I don't believe for a second that he was specifically anti-Brent, he just wanted the alternatives explored in the interests of fairness. I can only assume he 'dumped' Buttivant when it became apparent he was a time wasting fantasist, you can't criticise him for that either.

Whatever IDL's beef is with me, it's not reciprocated. I've always found him an honest and passionate Argyle fan with the very best interests of Argyle at heart. He certainly doesn't dance about self admiringly in the spotlight so I too would support some form of recognition for him.

Geddon Janner Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:46 am

X Isle wrote:
argyledj wrote:

As the most vocal pro Brent voice at the time in question I would like to correct that, it's at best a misconception, at worst a gross distortion.

Ian's position on Paul Buttivant was spawned from a desire for each and every interested party to be given a fair hearing, to see what they have to offer. It was probably as much to do with me banging Brents drum and pooh poohing all the opposition that he decided to pick up Buttivants regimental colours and march forward with them.

Ian seems to have a problem with me, he bears me a grudge but as you know I can't hold a grudge as long as I can hold my breath. So, irrespective of whatever his problem is with me, i'll defend him on this point. Yes he championed Buttivant but all I ever understood he was doing was providing balance by doing exactly what I was doing at the time with James Brent. I don't believe for a second that he was specifically anti-Brent, he just wanted the alternatives explored in the interests of fairness. I can only assume he 'dumped' Buttivant when it became apparent he was a time wasting fantasist, you can't criticise him for that either.

Whatever IDL's beef is with me, it's not reciprocated. I've always found him an honest and passionate Argyle fan with the very best interests of Argyle at heart. He certainly doesn't dance about self admiringly in the spotlight so I too would support some form of recognition for him.

Geddon Janner Very Happy.

no distortion at the begining he was very pro buttivant and saying he was the only one interested in the football side and quoting about brent being a reluctant bidder, and also stated he had seen the funding ect so i would suggest that goes further than just backing your favourite bidder, to be fair though when it comes to finding out court cases ect then he is the top man and did help save argyle for that he deserves credit but like he backed buttivant then joined the consultancy goup,joined here for a while but is now pasoti admin he seems to change his colours on a fairly regular basis.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:32 pm

I agree with Smiffo In that Posty was just giving a balanced view from Buttivant (in a journalistic sense) rather than supporting him and being anti-brent.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:44 pm

Posty was frustrated at underhand attempts to silence him on Pasoti, hence his joining of this site. From correspondence I had with Posty I would agree with Smiffy's view that Posty just wanted a fair balance of opinion so that the right buyer for Argyle could be found and he felt he wasn't being allowed that on Pasoti.

I would imagine that with the silencing of views that take place on Pasoti via editing, deleting, moving and banning of users that ask questions, that the balance swung behind Brent and that Posty recognised this and simply gave up upon the offer of a moderators position and was prepared to be silenced as a part of the deal.

Non of it really matters though, in my view Posty has done far more then anyone to save this club and it's questionable why he hasn't received a gift whilst those that swung it for Brent, have.

Sort it out Mr President!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 1:10 pm

I think the chap might be a bit too prone to u-turns to be taken into a cabal fully.
Starting with Ridsdale, there seem to be an awful lot of gongs being handed out to people who have been credited with saving a club that was never NOT going to be sold as a going concern.... once the staff had been dealt with that is.
It all reminds me of how local football changed in the 80s when players started receiving medals just for turning up, or keeping the books.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Maybe Chris will come on and provide his opinion?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 1:53 pm

argyledj wrote:
he seems to change his colours on a fairly regular basis.

In fairness, Dj, he's not the only one, is he? There's been loads of it over there, from the shift in position over Ridsdale, to the changes of mind over Reid's sacking (shocking one day, the right decision the next) and most recently the rehabilitation of Damon Lenzner and Tony Wrathall.

Anyway, Posty's stuck to his guns over the years, with very few exceptions, and if he hadn't spotted that court case we'd have been well and truly stuffed. Some public recognition (in a way that he's comfortable with) wouldn't go amiss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Chris - how did it go with Tony Wrathall? Did he get a good welcome?
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Peggy wrote:
argyledj wrote:
he seems to change his colours on a fairly regular basis.

In fairness, Dj, he's not the only one, is he? There's been loads of it over there, from the shift in position over Ridsdale, to the changes of mind over Reid's sacking (shocking one day, the right decision the next) and most recently the rehabilitation of Damon Lenzner and Tony Wrathall.

Anyway, Posty's stuck to his guns over the years, with very few exceptions, and if he hadn't spotted that court case we'd have been well and truly stuffed. Some public recognition (in a way that he's comfortable with) wouldn't go amiss.

but would we of been stuffed? would an independently appointed administrator done a better job? i guess we will never know but it was still a good discovery that everyone else missed, and if he is willing to accept some sort of recognition then something should be done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 4:10 pm

If anyone cares/dares to post a link to this thread on Pasoti it'll be interesting to hear the views of the majority? I can't see anyone objecting, it's a well intended idea.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:00 pm

GOB

Apologies for the delay, only just seen the thread.

I can't say too much because I don't want to spoil anything that may already be in at an advanced planning stage.

Put it this way - James Brent knows full well the debt of gratitude that this Club owes to Posty!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:04 pm

Anybody who thinks Posty saved the club by alerting them to a court date is delusional.

Doesn't the 'defendent' always has to be there for a 'trial' to happen. I know the UK has slipped towards being a banana republic on so many levels, but surely it hasn't got to the stage where people are tried in absentia.

Besides this version of history has all been written by Pasoti anyway, and we know how that goes.

On a personal level.. Having met Posty and had 'dealings' with him.. I have found Posty to be a duplicitous, two faced liar, and that's being kind.

I don't have the time of day for people like him, he's a weasel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
GOB

I can't say too much because I don't want to spoil anything that may already be in at an advanced planning stage.

Put it this way - James Brent knows full well the debt of gratitude that this Club owes to Posty!

Thank you Chris and good, although it should have been the first thing done in my opinion. I'm glad ATD has played it's part! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:24 pm

Rickler wrote:
Anybody who thinks Posty saved the club by alerting them to a court date is delusional.

Doesn't the 'defendent' always has to be there for a 'trial' to happen. I know the UK has slipped towards being a banana republic on so many levels, but surely it hasn't got to the stage where people are tried in absentia.

Besides this version of history has all been written by Pasoti anyway, and we know how that goes.

On a personal level.. Having met Posty and had 'dealings' with him.. I have found Posty to be a duplicitous, two faced liar, and that's being kind.

I don't have the time of day for people like him, he's a weasel.

I don't agree with you Ricks, but I wouldn't for a minute suggest you are delusional.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:25 pm

GOB wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
GOB

Thank you Chris and good, although it should have been the first thing done in my opinion. I'm glad ATD has played it's part! lol!

Some things need to be waited for GOB......patience is a virtue.

I am glad that even you laughed at your last sentence. Saved me commenting Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
GOB wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
GOB

Of course Chris, there's no way you would have forgotten about others that have helped, is there, especially the one that saved the club clown
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:36 pm

GOB wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
GOB wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
GOB

Of course Chris, there's no way you would have forgotten about others that have helped, is there, especially the one that saved the club clown

No, I wouldn't GOB. In fact a couple of private presentations have been made for 2 more shy members of the contingency group.

You should give people more credit GOB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAO The President (Chris)   FAO The President (Chris) Empty

Back to top Go down

FAO The President (Chris)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next