Chemical Ali
pilgrimfather
VillageGreen
11 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... Empty
PostSubject: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Looks like the battle cry is up and running for the visit of Pompey on Saturday,which is receiving so-so replies.

Andrew Owen in reply says

''I'm getting sick and tired with all this rabble-rousing''.

''We've done our bit, we've propped up our club, we've filled up the away ends. Its time for the team to bring something to the table''.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have some chants in mind that could be sung from the off.

1) We're shit and we know we are.
2) We're the worst team in the West.
3) They're the crap green and white Argyle.
4) Are we Accrington in disguise.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:21 pm

You're probably missing the point of being a supporter there.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Shall I waste £21 and watch 11 - 14 talentless turds play abysmally whilst freezing my ass off at Home Park or shall I spend the £21 I would have wasted, on beer, sat in a nice warm pub, watching 11 - 14 talentless turds getting turned over by pompey- its a tough one.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Shall I waste £21 and watch 11 - 14 talentless turds play abysmally whilst freezing my ass off at Home Park or shall I spend the £21 I would have wasted, on beer, sat in a nice warm pub, watching 11 - 14 talentless turds getting turned over by pompey- its a tough one.

I shall go along,but if it does look hopeless by half-time,then the Brit will beckon..
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:39 pm

pilgrimfather wrote:
Enlighten us then Pilgrim father. What exactly is the point of being a supporter ?
In these times where our once proud club is being stripped of everything of value, the ground is about to become an integral part of low grade "entertainment complex", We have a crop of journeyman rejects that can't be assed to break into a sweat on the pitch to earn their doubtless (in football terms) paltry wage, we have a "president" who nobody had ever heard of, football's equivalent of Herman Van Rompuy if you will.  
When we fail to beat giants of the football world such as Accrington or Fleetwood we are told, "shaddup, just be grateful we have a club" & we have a greedy, grasping owner who will do absolutely anything to screw more money out of anyone his can.

There, anything I've forgotten ? I really cannot see any reason at all to be a supporter at the moment Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:45 pm

pilgrimfather wrote:
I've supported this club for 20 odd years and right now i've never been more pissed off with how the club is being running.

So pissed off I won't be wasting another penny on our sad excuse for a club until things change.

Until then i'll follow from afar.

If that makes me less of a supporter I don't give a shit and I bow down to you oh superfan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Welcome pilgrimfather.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:37 pm

I don't know about supporting. Sometimes it's just cruel to encourage people. I once saw a Dad encourage his son at a swimming pool to dive in from the middle board - about 5m up from the surface of the water. The lad, who was quite obese (no sign of a belly button and definite bingo-wings fat) jumped in eventually and went wonky and ended up doing a back flop. He almost drowned and was rather upset but his Dad was like "Yeah, well done" as he led him away to the first aid room. Sometimes, clapping people isn't the best idea.
Also see every one wanting Bruno to take on Tyson.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:40 pm

pilgrimfather wrote:
Great first post Ian! cheers 
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:03 pm

I remember one game against Pompey. It was foggy. You couldn't see the other end of the pitch from either end (I was on the Moanflower). Pompey scored in front of the Devonport. No cheers until the Pompey players told the Pompey fans at the other end.

Was that a dream/BE shower moment?).
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:05 pm

I also remember another chant at (I think Cheltenham - no idea when).

"I'm me and I know you are"

Feckin brilliant! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:33 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
I remember one game against Pompey. It was foggy. You couldn't see the other end of the pitch from either end (I was on the Moanflower). Pompey scored in front of the Devonport. No cheers until the Pompey players told the Pompey fans at the other end.

Was that a dream/BE shower moment?).
I went to quite a foggy game at HP (early 90s) but thought we played Swindon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 11:41 am

I remember losing 3-2 against Pompey on either Boxing Day or New Years Day. Big crowd, brilliant atmosphere and they went 3-0 affraid 

Better second half, we battered them but could only score twice. Not sure what year it was but it was in what's now the Championship.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 11:50 am

Greenjock wrote:
I remember losing 3-2 against Pompey on either Boxing Day or New Years Day. Big crowd, brilliant atmosphere and they went 3-0 affraid 

Better second half, we battered them but could only score twice. Not sure what year it was but it was in what's now the Championship.
Plenty of trouble that day too. Over 20000, from memory, at the game. Big Robbie Turner and Jock Morrison. That must have been one Argyle's hardest teams ever.

I'm off to GoS.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 11:55 am

Completely wrong about the line-up.

26 Dec 1986 Argyle 2 - 3 Portsmouth

Div 2 21,249 (we'll never see that again)

Friday, 26 Dec 1986 [26 years 10 months ago]

Division Two
Argyle 2 Portsmouth 3
Venue: Home Park

Team: Steve Cherry, Gordon Nisbet, Leigh Cooper, John Uzzell, Gerry McElhinney, John Matthews, Kevin Hodges, Russell Coughlin, Tommy Tynan, John Clayton, Garry Nelson. Sub: Darran Rowbotham.
Goals: Russell Coughlin, Kevin Hodges
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:14 pm

I know the argyle crowd had been counting down the week's until the game. Intent on getting some revenge for the last time pompey visited.

I remember drinking in The Newmarket for the first time because Trader Jack's wasn't open. Might have been an early kick off.

I think we were on a bit of a roll and were in the top 5 or 6 places, as were Portsmouth I believe.

Pompey have sold out their allocation for Saturday and been given more in the family stand so it should guarantee a biggish crowd, not quite 21k though, that's a distant memory never to be experienced again at Brent Park.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:20 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
pilgrimfather wrote:
Great first post Ian! cheers 
lol! 
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:25 pm

As an auld man once shouted at my m8 as we were walking to a match once (he was wearing his Argyle top natch)

"They'm was bleddy shit in my day and they'm still bleddy shit now"

This was 20 years ago, not much has changed tbf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Completely wrong about the line-up.

26 Dec 1986 Argyle 2 - 3 Portsmouth

Div 2 21,249 (we'll never see that again)

Friday, 26 Dec 1986 [26 years 10 months ago]

Division Two
Argyle 2 Portsmouth 3
Venue: Home Park

Team: Steve Cherry, Gordon Nisbet, Leigh Cooper, John Uzzell, Gerry McElhinney, John Matthews, Kevin Hodges, Russell Coughlin, Tommy Tynan, John Clayton, Garry Nelson. Sub: Darran Rowbotham.
Goals: Russell Coughlin, Kevin Hodges
Great game. A proper Boxing Day advert for football. Pissed with rain if my memory is correct. I also went to the return game when we beat Pompey on Easter Monday with a Kevin Summerfield goal. It was hairy getting out of the ground that day with stones being thrown etc.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 2:41 pm

The last match I saw against Pompey was at Fratton Park when Lee Cooper had his leg broken and I had a fall out with a steward that gained pleasure from laughing quietly in my ear!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 2:59 pm

not worth wasting the dosh will watch it from comfort of home I guess,

anyone think JS will be pushed if we get hammered on live tv
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:01 pm

Not likely - how could we afford it!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Dingle wrote:
Not likely - how could we afford it!  
forgot Brent has short arms and deep pockets
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...   PASOTI ask for support on Saturday... Empty

Back to top Go down

PASOTI ask for support on Saturday...
Page 1 of 1