Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 BT Sport

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:11 pm

I recently signed up for Virgin Media a couple of weeks ago. Today, I thought I would up the TV package a bit to include BT Sports.

Today I'm watching BT Sports 1 in HD. On at the moment is the build up to Spurs V Chelsea. So-far it's like a breath of fresh air. I'm liking the pre-match build up with stats, interviews, news about the ground, it's history, cameras roaming inside and outside. match days life for fans, talking to fans etc.

All for a fraction of the price of Sky's equivalent.

Has anyone else tried BT Sports yet?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15075
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:26 pm

i think its crap to be honest. Too much high tech crap involved when its not needed. Plus the comms team are worse than itv's!!

Sky might not be to everyones cup of tea but BT Sport have a long way to go before they start worrying them.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Angry wrote:
i think its crap to be honest. Too much high tech crap involved when its not needed. Plus the comms team are worse than itv's!!

Sky might not be to everyones cup of tea but BT Sport have a long way to go before they start worrying them.
I suppose you're right in saying that no-one really does it like Sky. When finances weren't a problem, I had the full Sky ports package. Imho, it set a benchmark for how footy should be on TV.


Circumstances have changed somewhat, and for the money, I quite like this new BT Sports. I guess that was I was trying to say, Angry.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15075
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Jello wrote:
Angry wrote:
i think its crap to be honest. Too much high tech crap involved when its not needed. Plus the comms team are worse than itv's!!

Sky might not be to everyones cup of tea but BT Sport have a long way to go before they start worrying them.
I suppose you're right in saying that no-one really does it like Sky. When finances weren't a problem, I had the full Sky ports package. Imho, it set a benchmark for how footy should be on TV.


Circumstances have changed somewhat, and for the money, I quite like this new BT Sports. I guess that was I was trying to say, Angry.
You are of course entitled to like BT Sports, i dont dislike it myself just the over the top tech stuff and the prem commentator. Sky needs competition but the only bit of advice i would give BT Sports is dont run before you walk like itv, setanta and espn tried too to compete with sky.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Posts : 5189
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 100
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:23 pm

Enjoying the Premiership Rugger.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Guest
Guest



BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:34 pm

You get it free with certain virgin packages which is pretty good. Sky I believe are offering cashback credits if you subscribe through them. It's definitely the biggest challenge sky sports has had and a massive company competing against them in BT.

Virgin are also going to install netflix in TiVo boxes for certain packages, or you can pay for it as an app.

Be good to have the library of past shows available through your TiVo box. Might give breaking bad a try seeing as it's all I hear about.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15075
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Greenjock wrote:
You get it free with certain virgin packages which is pretty good. Sky I believe are offering cashback credits if you subscribe through them. It's definitely the biggest challenge sky sports has had and a massive company competing against them in BT.

Virgin are also going to install netflix in TiVo boxes for certain packages, or you can pay for it as an app.

Be good to have the library of past shows available through your TiVo box. Might give breaking bad a try seeing as it's all I hear about.
ESPN is a massive company on a global stage GJ sky has the monolopy that will take decades for any company let alone bt to seriously be worrying them. As long as they have the premiership they are safe.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:51 pm

Yeah sorry I forgot that. They never seemed fully committed to it though, just happy to get the odd Stoke game which nobody was bothered about anyway.

I'm still hoping the BBC decide to grab a slice of it too. Maybe in a tie up with BT?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Greenjock wrote:
You get it free with certain virgin packages which is pretty good. Sky I believe are offering cashback credits if you subscribe through them. It's definitely the biggest challenge sky sports has had and a massive company competing against them in BT.

Virgin are also going to install netflix in TiVo boxes for certain packages, or you can pay for it as an app.

Be good to have the library of past shows available through your TiVo box. Might give breaking bad a try seeing as it's all I hear about.
Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad. That's all I seem to hear these days GJ. Ok, being lazy here. What the hell is it all about, and is it any good?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:03 pm

Breaking Bad is a must Jock, best thing I've seen in years, great storyline, characters, proper gritty and riveting, we did a free trial with Netflix then binned it after we watched BB and Sons of Anarchy which is good but not as good.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:05 pm

Jello, it's about a high school teacher who finds out he has terminal cancer, to provide for his family he decides to cook and sell crystal meth, none of his family know, it gets really messy at times with his brother in law being a dea agent, more twists and turns than an ATD thread it's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Iggy wrote:
Jello, it's about a high school teacher who finds out he has terminal cancer, to provide for his family he decides to cook and sell crystal meth, none of his family know, it gets really messy at times with his brother in law being a dea agent, more twists and turns than an ATD thread it's brilliant.
Thanks, Iggy. Sounds like it's worth look. Now I have this Tivo box installed, perhaps I will record a few episodes or even a whole series on catch-up. Is that how it works? Only had this Virgin Media marlarky for a few weeks. I'm still getting used to it.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 12433
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 62
Location : @ sea or @home

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Stick to it Jello, don't trifle with it either, you will soon be set.

_______________________________________
Vote shit, get banged.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:41 pm

seadog wrote:
Stick to it Jello, don't trifle with it either, you will soon be set.
clown lol! 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:05 am

Iggy wrote:
Breaking Bad is a must Jock, best thing I've seen in years
Bugger, agreeing with Angry and Iggy on the same thread.

BT coverage is shiite, Michael Owen, wanker.

Bit surprised you boys are still paying for all this kind of cack when it is available in stunning HD for fook all if you know where to look.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Posts : 5189
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 100
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 7:32 am

Breaking Bad is decent.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
mcfry

mcfry

Posts : 532
Join date : 2013-01-01
Location : Plymouth

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:03 pm

BT sports in just ESPN in a different guise whilst being more expensive, unless of course yo pay for the XL package
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15075
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:09 pm

mcfry wrote:
BT sports in just ESPN in a different guise whilst being more expensive, unless of course yo pay for the XL package
pretty much is with a BBC Sport feel to it with all the ex presenters.

Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Posts : 3235
Join date : 2014-09-25

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:55 pm

BUMP...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6555
Join date : 2014-03-30

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:49 pm

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9395
Join date : 2011-10-23

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:02 pm

Channel 458 on Sky. BT Sport live goals show - all the goals as they happen. Better than watching just one match!
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Posts : 3235
Join date : 2014-09-25

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:36 pm

And for those without Sky ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9395
Join date : 2011-10-23

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:22 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
And for those without Sky ?

Celebrity Big Brother?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Posts : 13506
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 58
Location : Berkshire

BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 12:02 am

Czarcasm wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
And for those without Sky ?

Celebrity Big Brother?

Made in Chelsea?

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




BT Sport Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sport   BT Sport Empty

Back to top Go down
 
BT Sport
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: