Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Well Done Virgin Media.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Well Done Virgin Media. Empty
PostSubject: Well Done Virgin Media.   Well Done Virgin Media. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 9:33 am

Yesterday my internet was miserably slow. Slow to the point where I was getting 2 or 3 Mbps download. A VM tec guy paid us a visit (on Sunday) did some stuff, said try a speed test in the morning and Voila!!

Look >>>>> [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Done Virgin Media.   Well Done Virgin Media. EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Be prepared for it to drop again in a few weeks
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Well Done Virgin Media.   Well Done Virgin Media. EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 7:27 pm

As soon as you start torrenting....................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Done Virgin Media.   Well Done Virgin Media. EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 7:42 pm

mcfry wrote:
Be prepared for it to drop again in a few weeks
You spoke too soon, Mcfry. 4 days ago it went tits again. I have now been told there's a contention fault on the system in my area. Fix date - mid November at the earliest!! I think someone is telling porkies. Tech help ran a check on my local node and it was only utilised to 18% of capacity. (ummm - rubs chin)

I asked customer services why so long for the fix. They said they have to apply to dig up and renew cables to fix the fault.

Ah well - I moaned to VM's retention centre and they dropped the broadband to 30MB - which, coincidently, doesn't seem to have any contentions issues, funny enough, and they upped my TV to XL as a good will gesture - which now includes BT Sport. So I'm kinda happy.

PS: How do you know it's going to drop in a few weeks? Just curious.alien 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Done Virgin Media.   Well Done Virgin Media. EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 7:47 pm

seadog wrote:
As soon as you start torrenting....................
Indeed, SD. Downloaded an excellent copy of 'Man Of Steel' the other day, oh, and 'Pacific Rim' and 'After Earth' and.....................
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Well Done Virgin Media.   Well Done Virgin Media. EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:36 pm

happened to us upp norf a month or so back, same excuse. i rang them and emailed a speed test reading everyday for a week, = 2 months free Very Happy 

feck em up, get into 'em
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Well Done Virgin Media.   Well Done Virgin Media. EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:39 pm

I'm psychic Wink 
To be honest I was going to say a few days but I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt.
Thats because the main network infrastructure was not put in place for the amount of traffic that now uses it. It can depend on where you are tho but this is in relation to the amount of customers using the same network.
Been with Virgin since December and its still not right. My partner has been with them since they were Telewest which is over 12 years ago. If I had a pound for the number of engineers we have had out between us, well you know how it goes Smile 
Basically when Virgin started they offered packages, and still do, that they could not deliver.
I am a bit jealous about you getting the extra tv package tho, but beware that as soon as they consider the problem fixed they will start to charge you for it.
I also went down to the minimum package on tv and broadband. They are always giving out reductions or freebies as their service is pretty crap to be honest (Sky aren't no better either).
That reminds me, I need to make a phone call Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well Done Virgin Media.   Well Done Virgin Media. Empty

Back to top Go down

Well Done Virgin Media.
Page 1 of 1