+4
gasser9
Coxside_Green
Sir Francis Drake
Freathy
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Tomorrows glamour clash Empty
PostSubject: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:27 pm

How do ya see it going? a stunning away victory for the green machine, or shezza out what a pile of shite kind of day! i'm going for neither of the above but a two all draw the boys worked their socks off performance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:37 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
How do ya see it going? a stunning away victory for the green machine, or shezza out what a pile of shite kind of day! i'm going for neither of the above but a two all draw the boys worked their socks off performance.
To be fair a draw would seem like a win at somewhere like Scunny where argyle traditionally get bugger all.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:49 pm

What is 100% certain is we'll be ultra shite. The result will be down to how badly Scunthorpe play.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:09 pm

Can anyone realistically come up with any reason why the team will go from utter shit last week to being good enough to win tomorrow?

Sure Sheridan will have bollocked the lot of them and probably had them in for extra training and their pride was probably dented getting dicked at home but by all accounts the team hasn't played well all season other than the Cheltenham game so why should that change tomorrow?

I suppose you just have to have faith and hope that with the team being one week and a few training sessions more used to each other that it will click but I wouldn't be putting a big bet on it happening.

Scunny have Chris Iwelumo up front and although he's 35 now he has played the majority of his career in the Championship and was a regular scorer. This of course led to him getting called up by Scotland, he was born there, and this is where we might just stand a chance if he has one or two moments like this:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:43 pm

A good reason is we're inconsistant - losing 0-3 against Wycombe one week, winning 1-3 at Cheltenham another week. I don't expect much tomorrow at all.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Can anyone realistically come up with any reason why the team will go from utter shit last week to being good enough to win tomorrow?

Sure Sheridan will have bollocked the lot of them and probably had them in for extra training and their pride was probably dented getting dicked at home but by all accounts the team hasn't played well all season other than the Cheltenham game so why should that change tomorrow?

I suppose you just have to have faith and hope that with the team being one week and a few training sessions more used to each other that it will click but I wouldn't be putting a big bet on it happening.

Scunny have Chris Iwelumo up front and although he's 35 now he has played the majority of his career in the Championship and was a regular scorer. This of course led to him getting called up by Scotland, he was born there, and this is where we might just stand a chance if he has one or two moments like this:

I can't really give any logical reason as to why we could win tomorrow but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we did. Equally we could lose 4-0.

I don't think there is any such thing as an inconsistent side. "Inconsistent" is a cop out. A better word would be "crap" because you never hear of good sides being called inconsistent, do you?

It is possible that there is a Home Park factor that works against us though. Those of us who have sat through the last few years of woeful football and results have had the guts ripped out of our expectation. Does anybody go along expecting to be entertained or expecting that we will win? I certainly don't. I hope both will happen but I don't expect either. Not deep down. And I haven't for a very long time indeed.

There's a deeply ingrained and profound cloud of depression hanging over the club that persists through all the happy clappy shallow initiatives like free travel to away games, the murals or Forza Verde and none of those even begin to address what really matters.

Football fans aren't stupid and they know a weak side when they see one and having had a weak side for years now we all know the signs that indicate one: targeted players opting to play elsewhere; no movement; lack of pace; limited flare; players playing out of position; players that probably shouldn't even be in professional football getting picked nearly every week; inability to take throw-ins; hardly any chances created; hardly any shots at goal; goalkeepers leaving Home Park without ever being seriously tested; possession and territory dominated by the visiting teams; little strength on the subs bench; an inability to stray from Plan A if it isn't working; a stadium that has been alowed to decay into a something like an arena in Shantytown. All we need is a rash of red cards and suspensions and we've got the lot. Again.

On the bonus side we've got a settled starting line-up, plenty of big blokes in the side and a goalie who boots it miles. And that just might be enough to grab a win tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 12:40 am

Always end on a positive, Sir Frank.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:56 am

It's a nice thought Shezza has given his players a bollocking, a beasting or whatever else punishment. Can Brent dish out sanctions?

Realistically (sp), this happens at a club with upper management that cares, yano, a club that wants promotion.

3-0 to Scunny
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 3:33 am

The most inept performance I have ever seen (there's a lot to chose from) was when Argyle played Scunny at the Old Show Ground a week before the FACup semi final in 1984.
We lost 3-0 but we were absolutely shocking, maybe because nobody wanted to get injured before the SF but you couldn't help thinking that you had been rolled over.

However, it's time that we turned the corner and I predict a comfortable 2-0 defeat. I was going for 4-0 but I think we have enough improvement in us to restrict to just 2 against.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:35 am

Am I listening today?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:36 am

I think we'll play 'better' but go down 2 nil to shit defending at set pieces.

No loan players in yet then :$
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:40 am

Who's the little girl with you Hairy?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:46 am

Iggy wrote:
lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:53 am

If we do lose to Real scunthorpe,next weeks massive clash with accy stanley is a relegation six pointer, and its still only september!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:

It is a tough fixture for sure. They [Scunthorpe] will be looking at a result to further their ambitions of getting out of this league at the first attempt,while we [Argyle] will be looking at a result to get back on track..

So a draw it is then.

I'm not too worried about this season [i still believe Argyle will finish between 9th and 11th],as i think next season should be the one where the greens go for it,as they say..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Iggy wrote:
She's Forze Verde's top boy (girl/maid).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:04 pm

lol!  sorry but it was a bit of a shoe in.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:25 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

It is a tough fixture for sure. They [Scunthorpe] will be looking at a result to further their ambitions of getting out of this league at the first attempt,while we [Argyle] will be looking at a result to get back on track..

So a draw it is then.

I'm not too worried about this season [i still believe Argyle will finish between 9th and 11th],as i think next season should be the one where the greens go for it,as they say..
what really try to get relegated lol! 
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:49 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

So a draw it is then.

You don't worry about this season as you're a long term supporter, I get that.

What about the occasional supporter who rocks up at HP and sees an half-hearted performance?

A player having a one-off bad game can be accepted. A team having more than average underpar performances should never be tolerated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrows glamour clash   Tomorrows glamour clash Empty

Back to top Go down

Tomorrows glamour clash
Page 1 of 1