The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) Empty
PostSubject: Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)   Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:50 pm

Of course the glass is still half full

....Because I'm Argyle til die.

Just a few things because travelling home and tired, devastated etc.

Seen a few snipes and although saddening its to be expected because people are frustrated, angry and hurt. We all are.

One thing I will say is that I don't write an upbeat thread because I want to or because its a laugh. I do it because I try to lift people and give hope. Its my nature to be positive. If some posters don't like that then I apologise but its me.

Let's get it straight. People like Ian, the GTs, CP committee and myself hve given up our lives for a year to defend Argyle. Do you think it doesn't hurt for us to sit and watch that tonight? Do you think we blindly sit there and think 'nevermind I'll pop another post on pasoti'. I am devastated tonight. Another days leave used. Another waste of money, another night away from home.

Yet in amongst all of that there must be hope. Football is about hope and dreams.

We lived the dream by saving our Club and now we must live it on the field.

It is very very strange but I actually feel better tonight than after Torquay.

DARREN PURSE

Ian and I were asked by James Brent to represent the Club at Stourbridge tonight. I think he maybe wanted to show that Argyle are a down to earth Club.

We were priviledged and the best bit was meeting Darren Purse. We spent a few hours in his company and he is a leader. He cannot wait to pull on the Green shirt. He talked fondly of the Green Army and this may surprise many but he saw a lot of positives in our young team.

He is looking forward to the game on Saturday and in my view will bring something very different to our Club.

O'DRISCOLL

Was there tonight as the guest of Carl Fletcher as a 'fresh pair of eyes'. It seems a possibility that this type of mentoring role (with Carl remaining firmly as manager) could be.a possibility on a more permanent basis. We shall see how things develop.

OTHER PLAYERS

The Club is still chasing hard for new players prior to Thursday with a striker of 'bulk' the priority.

OWNER

I am more confident than ever that we have the right owner. James Brent was absolutely fuming after the game. Couldn't even get a word out of him. Make no bones about it - he is a green. He has backed the manager with signing Purse and others and he will again in January. He will not sit by and let us fall out of the League.

SUMMARY

Will stop now because my fingers are hurting on the phone

We'll get there.

We fought like lions to save this Club and we must do so again now.

Always believe and there's always hope.

I certainly haven't come this far just to throw in the towel....have you?

Chris

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good to see that SO'D is advising- we certainly need it and a big striker is a priority. This has been blatantly obvious for a couple of weeks, so good to see that the owner is listening.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)   Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:59 pm

If I was Sean O,Driscoll I would tell them to do one, a mentor to a 31 yr old novice manager stranded at the bottom of the football league!

The guy was a Championship manager only a couple of months ago, give O,Driscoll the job for fuck sake!
As for the Darren Purse comment come on Chris who are you kidding son.

Last edited by Arch Stanton on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)   Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:01 am

This arrangment will be a disasterous fudge like the Mariner and Sturrock arrangement was. Why oh why can't Argyle do anything properly?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)   Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:06 am

Does this mean we'll have the pleasure of hearing Fletcher bad mouthing O'Driscoll's decision making live on Radio Devon while commenting on the game ?

As for Chris's post ... dear oh dear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)   Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:24 am

What

The

F--k?

This bloke needs either medication or less medication I can't decide which. Was he watching the same match as me?

We were dire. Poor discipline, no leadership, no clue. Comprehensively outplayed by a team in the same league as Tiverton Town. We are going to drop clean through the Conference Premiership on that performance.

Fletch is no manager, or come to that captain. The only good thing about last night was no Larrieu, otherwise it could have been 4 or 5 nil. We need to remove these clowns from the upper echelons of the club and get someone in who has a clue.

Brent was unable to speak last night? No Chris, he just had more important things to do than talk to some arse licker from the director's box in Stourbridge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)   Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:32 am

I know Chris posted this on Pasoti so I don't really expect him to reply here.

But he mentions that Brent wont let the club go out of the league and will back the manager in January. How is he going to do this Chris? Is there a transfer fund? How much is he going to spend? The January transfer market is very difficult as prices are high due to panic signings. The loan market is not working for us and I really don't want to see anymore 18 year olds from Championship youth teams.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)   Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Freathy wrote:
This arrangment will be a disasterous fudge like the Mariner and Sturrock arrangement was. Why oh why can't Argyle do anything properly?

Spot on. It has to be O'Driscoll pulling the strings if he comes, he knows more about managing and tactics than Fletcher by a country mile. Call him mentor if you must but seriously Fletcher's credibility as manager is out the window if the more experienced man arrives whatever title he is given.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)   Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I know Chris posted this on Pasoti so I don't really expect him to reply here.

But he mentions that Brent wont let the club go out of the league and will back the manager in January. How is he going to do this Chris? Is there a transfer fund? How much is he going to spend? The January transfer market is very difficult as prices are high due to panic signings. The loan market is not working for us and I really don't want to see anymore 18 year olds from Championship youth teams.

Not sure you can say that the loan market isn't working for us. Signings so far:
Bignot, mid-20s with lots of experience at this level.
Sutherland, early 20s I think.
Purse, mid 30s and just the gnarled pro we were all calling for.
Claimed to be on his way is a big lump of a striker that also we were calling for.

No owner/manager will want to give away how much he has to spend on players. That would automatically set the price asked.

My brother saw them play at Torquay and even he (bleeding green as he does) said it was the worst performance he had ever seen from Argyle - so it really must be bad!!!! If the next handful of matches, against some sides who are also struggling, don't come up with more goods THEN I will be saying the manager has to go. At this moment I want to wait and see. If Brent really does have to set about trying to buy our place in the league in January then I think that will be too late.

Far more worrying at the moment is our appalling disciplinary record. We don't have the depth of reserves to call on to cover for absent players. That has to come from Fletcher to sort out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)   Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Hi Funny Man

I meant loan players like Griffiths, Atkinson, Hitchcock and Gibson. I suppose King was ok but did not really set the world on fire.

I am hoping for the best from the new guys but Bignot has disgraced himself already Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)   Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:11 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Hi Funny Man

I meant loan players like Griffiths, Atkinson, Hitchcock and Gibson. I suppose King was ok but did not really set the world on fire.

I am hoping for the best from the new guys but Bignot has disgraced himself already Evil or Very Mad

Sorry, I misunderstood. You're right but at the moment it doesn't look like that's who we will be getting in future. I wonder who the big lump of a striker will be.....
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)   Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:16 pm

Itsnot Jon Parkin (gone to Huddersfiled) who some linked us to before-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)   Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:17 pm

funny man wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Hi Funny Man

Sorry, I misunderstood. You're right but at the moment it doesn't look like that's who we will be getting in future. I wonder who the big lump of a striker will be.....

Rory Fallon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)   Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Having witnessed that, how glad am I my Ridsdale boycott is holding firm.
In all honesty, I have played in better teams than that. Stourbridge had the better players, and as for the mindset of the Argyle players .... well, I'm gobsmacked. Yes, many are young, but that's exactly when you should have a real resillience in my mind. It isn't that they're young, they just aren't good enough for L2.

Whether experience of the likes of Purse will make any difference is hard to say ... incoming players are just as likely to fall into the malaise as they are to turn it around .. that's how football is... sometimes nothing can be done.
As for this January thing, which probably means the end of January, that is just too late.
Historically there are some atrocious teams in L2 and we are very lucky only 2 go down.
The season was sacrificed early on in the mind of Ridsdale in order to do what he was asked to do. This is the result... we haven't a football team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)   Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti) Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Update post (from Pasoti)
Page 1 of 1