akagreengull
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? Empty
PostSubject: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:07 am

Funny - I was posting the identical thread for a large part of last season - anything changed?
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:17 am

I think we will be yes barring an absolute miracle and our players actually decide they want to play for the shirt
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:09 am

I'm still hoping the team will start playing and we'll start picking up a few points. The team looks better on paper than last season at least. Home to Rochdale next weekend, hopefully with Branston back, will be the match that should kick start our season.

I didn't think we'd do any better than midtable this season, and although a few early defeats are worrying, I'm not pressing the panic button yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 3:17 pm

No points, no goals, no hope, no class, no vision, no ambition.

Apart from that, everything's fine.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 3:38 pm

I may need to revise the above post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:01 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I may need to revise the above post.
lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:03 pm

Top of league 2 by 5pm....strolling it today against Wimbledon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:04 pm

If we continue this form we'll need a bigger stadium...oh, hang on.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:05 pm

So 3-0 eh!! 

That will be the quota for another 3 or 4 weeks at least
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:05 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
So 3-0 eh!! 

That will be the quota for another 3 or 4 weeks at least
Don't worry - normal service will be resumed next week.rabbit 
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Been a good week for PAVFC so getting something today was top of the agenda. Expect some mysterious injuries/dropping to the bench or just not giving a feck next week.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:24 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
I think we will be yes barring an absolute miracle and our players actually decide they want to play for the shirt
Seems like they are pig 
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:56 pm

We are actually in the highest league position for some time - oh I forgot only three games played.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Joint 16th, didn't Fletch manage 15th until we wouldn't couldn't afford to play Mad Jo again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Joint 16th, didn't Fletch manage 15th until we wouldn't couldn't afford to play Mad Jo again?
Enjoy it while it lasts, i see on Pasoti they have already gone into meltdown
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:27 pm

crikey they'll be getting friction burn !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Brilliant result cheers 

The only worrying thing for me is the strength of the squad, our subs bench is very, very young:

31 Hannah
22 Richards
25 Purrington
14 Young
18 Harvey
27 Gurrieri
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:00 pm

I daren't look at Pasoti, you just know how cringeworthy it'll be.  This week's great news for PAVFC was the kickstart the green fecktards army has been waiting for.  

Short-term Argyle fan and chief bucket rattler has now changed panty twice this week "today is special"

Laura fekn Bash will have 100s of green 'space cadets' splashed over GOS

Fat cnut Gil all over the 'heroes' (councillors?, nah doubt it) who made the demise of PAFC possible.

Flight simulator woman bullying keyboard warrior...

Union rep turncoat

Jon 'wanker' Back from feck knows where

Snooper from Cholwell

Dunlop the clueless cnut

Lee 'dont mention I'm gay' ex janner

Ford Green

Don't panic

XIsle Smith (rightly kicked out of Plymouth aged 2)

Drummer boy

I've not even mentioned the pig ffs, nor many other like the Australian outcast (criminal?) angry_s.  Anyone celebrating a one-off result today is a complete cnut IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
I daren't look at Pasoti, you just know how cringeworthy it'll be.  This week's great news for PAVFC was the kickstart the green fecktards army has been waiting for.  

Short-term Argyle fan and chief bucket rattler has now changed panty twice this week "today is special"

Laura fekn Bash will have 100s of green 'space cadets' splashed over GOS

Fat cnut Gil all over the 'heroes' (councillors?, nah doubt it) who made the demise of PAFC possible.

Flight simulator woman bullying keyboard warrior...

Union rep turncoat

Jon 'wanker' Back from feck knows where

Snooper from Cholwell

Dunlop the clueless cnut

Lee 'dont mention I'm gay' ex janner

Ford Green

Don't panic

XIsle Smith (rightly kicked out of Plymouth aged 2)

Drummer boy

I've not even mentioned the pig ffs, nor many other like the Australian outcast (criminal?) angry_s.  Anyone celebrating a one-off result today is a complete cnut IMO.
lol! lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Credit where it's due though. Beating Nam away after two piss poor displays is something to cheer. They were unbeaten at home since the Bronze Age and we had a bench Jimmy Savile would've loved in his dressing room.

Winnable game at home next week so hopefully a repeat performance?

It's only the first step but it was a bleddy big step. You never know Reid might even score soon!
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Jock, I'd love to give credit where due.  A rare win isn't it though.

For as long as football runs behind property in importance then there's no chance in hell the team will succeed.  Our aged players know it.  Once in a while there will be pressure for a result, today was it.  Maybe next week too, but guaranteed there's no pressure for promotion, only survival.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Jock, I'd love to give credit where due.  A rare win isn't it though.

For as long as football runs behind property in importance then there's no chance in hell the team will succeed.  Our aged players know it.  Once in a while there will be pressure for a result, today was it.  Maybe next week too, but guaranteed there's no pressure for promotion, only survival.

Top post that hits the nail on the head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:37 pm

We need a run or two to keep out of the shit, when that is the height of our ambitions though it's not good. As others have said its the strength in depth that we lack, other teams will soon suss us out and we have no way of making changes. Week in, week out in league one we were constantly up against teams that had a bench that would have strolled into our first team, we aren't going up this year, that's for certain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:30 pm

But if you can't celebrate the good results what's the point?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:16 am

This week saw a turning point in the club's future direction.

Before this week supporting was always a tribal thing (for me).  Never did I make ridiculous quests like outdoing Liverpool, Manchester or the like, just be the best we could be.

That support was over a period of almost 40 years.  Not just financial support but emotional support, the kind of support nobody can ever take away.  The kind of support that property developer Brent will never 'care' to understand.  It hurts emotionally to be fecked over the way we have been.  Brent will never care how I feel, neither should he.  Some will brush it aside, I wont. I no longer care about results but I do care about those who fecked us over. Not healthy?, correct, I will calm down but not enough for those who took and didn't care enough about the 40 years I invested to just think 'we won'. Some things money will never buy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?   Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bottom of league 2 by 5pm today?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next