HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett Empty
PostSubject: Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett   Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:52 pm

Reserve match at Yeovil. Branston got 60 minutes under his belt. Previous loanee midfielder Dean Parrett is also here looking to get a contract. No sign of Blanchard though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sounds like we really need Branston back. Not many rated Parrett from what I can remember of him being here last time. Still, might he be able to improve our current midfield?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett   Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:24 pm

will never forget parrett running the ball out of play despite being in 25yds of space at colchester then booked for booting the ball away. USELESS !!!!

If he can improve our midfield then that sums up the lack of investment in players.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett   Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 9:33 pm

If Dean Parrett is the answer to the midfield question then the question must be "Name a player with the first name Dean and a surname that sounds like a tropical bird who is unlikely to make any difference at all to Argyle's midfield problem?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett   Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:40 am

I think we should cut Parrett a bit of slack here.

He may not have set the world alight when he was last here but, maybe, we expected far too much from him? He was a young player sent out on loan by his club to gain a bit of experience, get battle-hardened and toughened up a bit and we expected him to be akin to the next Glenn Hoddle from the off. His move was never likely to be a success and wasn't. Irrespective of whether or not he has anything like enough ability to become the next Hoddle, or even the next Vinny Samways, being thrown into a struggling side where the best players are being sold around him, players' wages were as likely not to paid as they were to be paid and all of the turmoil that went with it would have tested anybody and a callow youth was always likely to come up short.

Now he's a couple of years older, presumably a couple of years stronger and, hopefully, a couple of years wiser than he was and you don't get signed up by a club like Spurs if there's nothing much there to start with.

If he signs for us then Sheridan obviously rates him, just as Peter Reid did before him, and the chances of both of them fancying a player who turns out to be a duffer are slim.

Not only will he have more chance of being a success now that the club is, in comparison to back then, stabilised but he'll be playing at a lower level too. I say give him a chance because if we write him off before he's started and give him loads of stick when he does then he will, almost certainly, fail and all that will ultimately provide is the chance to say "told you so" and, personally speaking, I'd rather not have that satisfaction.

I'd be more concerned if he didn't sign. What would that tell us about the club?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett   Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:43 am

Still did'nt score did we! my understanding of football is that a team needs to put the ball in the net to win a game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett   Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett Empty

Back to top Go down

Branston coming back to fitness / Dean Parrett
Page 1 of 1