GreenSam
akagreengull
argyl3
Freathy
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Ken Bates Come And Save us. Empty
PostSubject: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:01 pm

This club needs a serious investor now! another relegation battle with the non investor brent and his clowns running the club will see us go down, send for ken and get neil warnock in as manager, shezza i'm sorry to say looks clueless!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:03 pm

Brent must be driven out of the club NOW or we're facing oblivion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Freathy wrote:
Lets play brents favourite game, look through the league tables and find two worse teams than ours! and it wont be easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:17 pm

It's the end of the world. AGGHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:20 pm

Anyone got his phone number?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:24 pm

The average janner in town will be looking forward to the new IMAX experience and their new Nando outlet and of course a bit of skating. Believe it or not there are a lot of people who don't give a flying toss about Brent's brand of vulture capitalism and what is happening up at H.P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:37 pm

popcorn 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:39 pm

popcorn 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Freathy wrote:

The tapeworm will be sent packing if HHP gets rejected...heres hoping
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 7:51 pm

I'd probably sooner have Bates in charge than Brent but I really think calling for Sheridan's head is premature.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:00 pm

And after 1 game so it starts

Thanks just won a tenner bet that the first negative thread will have started by 5.

Kerching
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:06 pm

GreenSam wrote:
I'd probably sooner have Bates in charge than Brent but I really think calling for Sheridan's head is premature.

Oh i think we all know it is not Sheridan that is the problem
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:10 pm

125+1 wrote:

Thanks just won a tenner bet that the first negative thread will have started by 5.

Kerching

Ok just for you ...were going to win the league
                        The micro-stand will get us back to the upper end of the Championship
                        Brent is an angel

Keep your head in the sand
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:17 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
125+1 wrote:

Kerching

Ok just for you ...were going to win the league
                        The micro-stand will get us back to the upper end of the Championship
                        Brent is an angel

Keep your head in the sand

No really the tenner was enough lol! 
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:17 pm

I don't see that bates buying the club (team affairs) wouldn't be a suitable option for him. Brent could keep the development side of things and bates run the football side. Bates is an ass by my god we'd be in go one hell of a ride.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:23 pm

125+1 wrote:

Kerching

It isn't just the fact that Argyle lost today.The accounts of the match by just about everyone who attended are pretty alarming in that the team apparently showed very little ability to create chances.And you aren't correct in sayng the negativity [if indeed that is the right word rather than realism] started after one game.Quite a few posters have been questioning the attacking potential of the team since the first of the pre season friendlies and have continued to do so,not without reason.All very fine to say "early days"- that was the mantra last season and the season before.I hope that your optimism is justified,thats all i can say-if it isn't,then the natives will very soon become restless and darned understandably so-another season of relegation threatened dross must surely be the tipping point for the public's patience and i include myself in that number.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:29 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
I don't see that bates buying the club (team affairs) wouldn't be a suitable option for him. Brent could keep the development side of things and bates run the football side. Bates is an ass by my god we'd be in go one hell of a ride.
Very fair points Leigh and maybe we should be a tad more careful what we wish for. That said, I still can't help but think there'd be a bit more football investment and 'get up and go' spirit under Bates. Even if he would be restricted by development and a bad owner on the whole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:39 pm

Greenskin wrote:
125+1 wrote:

Kerching

It isn't just the fact that Argyle lost today.The accounts of the match by just about everyone who attended are pretty alarming in that the team apparently showed very little ability to create chances.And you aren't correct in sayng the negativity [if indeed that is the right word rather than realism] started after one game.Quite a few posters have been questioning the attacking potential of the team since the first of the pre season friendlies and have continued to do so,not without reason.All very fine to say "early days"- that was the mantra last season and the season before.I hope that your optimism is justified,thats all i can say-if it isn't,then the natives will very soon become restless and darned understandably so-another season of relegation threatened  dross must surely be the tipping point for the public's patience and i include myself in that number.

One of the points me and many others have being repeatedly trying to make about the poor pre-season goal scoring, today rings true as per last season and the season before that funnily enough.
He who laughs last........if it were funny that is
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:48 pm

The team is far weaker than at the end of the season, cox bryant banton baz are much better than their replacements, it looks to me we've made a poor team poorer, the main blame for this lies with the non investing property developer owner who sets a bottom of the fourth division budget and just hopes for the best.
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
The team is far weaker than at the end of the season, cox bryant banton baz are much better than their replacements, it looks to me we've made a poor team poorer, the main blame for this lies with the non investing property developer owner who sets a bottom of the fourth division budget and just hopes for the best.

Disagree, the team is stronger and will play better football over coming weeks, first game nerves were probably part of it today. The lack of decent competitive ore season football is what has caused it. A good ore season tour always does wonders for the team and its no coincidence that in recent years a good pre season tour has resulted in good finishing positions.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Disagree, the team is stronger and will play better football over coming weeks, first game nerves were probably part of it today. The lack of decent competitive ore season football is what has caused it. A good ore season tour always does wonders for the team and its no coincidence that in recent years a good pre season tour has resulted in good finishing positions.

First game nerves? Are you having a laugh?? It was first game for Southend too and they wiped the floor with our piss poor excuse of a 'team'. And yes, our pre-season was a disgraceful shambles and in fact all our pre-seaons have been since Ollie left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:10 pm

Freathy wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

First game nerves?  Are you having a laugh??  It was first game for Southend too and they wiped the floor with our piss poor excuse of a 'team'.  And yes, our pre-season was a disgraceful shambles and in fact all our pre-seaons have been since Ollie left.

Friendlies against the likes of Torpoint, Saltash, Elburton, Tavistock, and the mighty Tivvy and Bath. Meanwhile our peers have been playing teams we can only dream about meeting in pre-season.

Pre season means nothing????!!!!! Basketball  Wrong again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 6:33 am

Hang on. Pre-season we played Yeovil (who beat Millwall away yesterday) and MK Dons who are often at the top end of League 1. Most of those friendlies against local semi-pro sides saw us field youth team players who won't get a first team call up for years.

We drew against MK Dons and narrowly lost against Yeovil. Those are facts.

Secondly, Southend didn't wipe the floor with us. They had one single shot on target and it went in. If we'd come back having lost 3, 4 or 5-0, that would have been a "floor wiping".

Ken Bates?! Do you not remember that this guy banned a fellow Director from board meetings, put his supporters inside a high security 'prison' and sold his club for profit once he'd built a 'village'.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 7:19 am

Brent isn't going anywhere til he's made his profit on all the Plymouth development plans and boxed the club in down a draughty alleyway. Once he's got his income streams set up he'll probably hand over the club's debts, including those to himself, to the mugs who are like kids let loose in a sweet shop and their sponsors.
The agony and village mentality will continue until even the dimmest of Avivas tire of the total ineptitude and personal positioning so clearly prevailing at Gnome Park.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 7:33 am

125+1 wrote:

Kerching

that was a brave bet to make lol! 

should have had a grand on it !, please provide me the name and address of such an idiot they need help accepting those odds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Come And Save us.   Ken Bates Come And Save us. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ken Bates Come And Save us.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next