HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Far Past closed for good

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Far Past closed for good Empty
PostSubject: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:08 pm

from the farm Quote wild.Boar

Just got the letter from Argyle this morning saying that the Far Post Club is finished.

Sad to see another slice of Argyle tradition ended.

Somehow I don't feel that a 'members' bar' in the new stand will be quite the same.

Thank you to all those who have been part of it over the years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:11 pm

And it's going to be a long wait for the new stand as well Porky. So is this Brent cutting ties with the GTs then? Another little bit of the ground closed down to slimline the club with the big move up the road in mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:32 pm

They only painted it last year. Players used to drink there in the good old days. I suppose, a Nandos is inevitable now.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Of course it's gone it was in the way. And anything, anything, that doesn't produce money for the club will not be tolerated in Brentville. It might have been anachronistic but isn't the kind of thing that makes a football club 'our football club' (and that comes from someone who'd only ever been in there at a few reserve games). How about having a first in football and trying to keep it rather than waving it a cheering and sneering goodbye from forelock tugging Brent apologists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:11 pm

And there was Newell making such a song and dance about it when Brent paid £50 for the paint to do it up.

Looked smashing then but now apparently it's a crumbling wreck now his boss wants rid of it.

Only ever went in there once, before catching the supporters coach to Sunderland way back when. I won a huge pot playing 9 card brag. Paid for my whole weekend :-)
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:49 pm

hairy j wrote:
They only painted it last year. Players used to drink there in the good old days. I suppose, a Nandos is inevitable now.

It's not so bad. Even old dudes can learn to love Piri Piri Chicken...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:55 pm

even the old'uns must be able to see what wankers this lot are now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:28 pm

The" Fes Post"will be the next bag of shite dreamt up by Agent Rimmer.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:33 pm

The next thing to be stopped will be the fan fests. The cherry tree or the brit will be busier. More money not going into the club coffers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:38 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
The next thing to be stopped will be the fan fests. The cherry tree or the brit will be busier. More money not going into the club coffers.

I like the CT for a pre-match tipple. By the time I have walked down to Brentsville, I'm sober.clown 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:39 pm

The Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk lounge....all to kneel and kiss money lender arse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:44 pm

You'll probably need a FES loan to pay for a beer in a plastic cup at the new bar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:45 pm

This club stinks to high heaven....i officially revoke my support.
Wake me up when this nightmare is over
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Greenjock wrote:
You'll probably need a FES loan to pay for a beer in a plastic cup at the new bar.

Don't worry jock no atd members will get in. Brent will have security on the door with all our photos from newells flickr.lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:58 pm

Dougie wrote:
Of course it's gone it was in the way.  And anything, anything, that doesn't produce money for the club will not be tolerated in Brentville.  It might have been anachronistic but isn't the kind of thing that makes a football club 'our football club' (and that comes from someone who'd only ever been in there at a few reserve games).  How about having a first in football and trying to keep it rather than waving it a cheering and sneering goodbye from forelock tugging Brent apologists.

That means about 95% of the proposed development then seeing as tho no money will be going to the club

Played pool in there a few times but that was quite a long time ago
Also remember going in there for a supporters free day (real supporters) in the 80's when I managed to acquire quite a few autographs of the team. Them were the days Sad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:15 pm

I went for a pre-match tipple in the FPC once, but left sharpish after finding out it was infested with vermin.

I went back in to finish my pint after they kicked out Newell, De-Liar and webby etc.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When I posted about the volunteers being 'used' by Brent to paint it for free, I was shouted down by all of the people who are now calling it dilapidated. Apparently, the smashing job they did became a not so smashing job in less than twelve months - that paint must have been really shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:20 pm

This whole fiasco, when the vultures were circling after our fall from grace, apparently Brent was the only one available according to the Jamboys.
The selfishness and self promotion of a few hundred will outride the thousands and put to bed the future ambition of PAFC.
Proud of yourselves?......WANKERS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:23 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
I went for a pre-match tipple in the FPC once,  but left sharpish after finding out it was infested with vermin.

I went back in to finish my pint after they kicked out Newell, De-Liar and webby etc.

Welcome back cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:53 am

hairy j wrote:

When I posted about the volunteers being 'used' by Brent to paint it for free, I was shouted down by all of the people who are now calling it dilapidated. Apparently, the smashing job they did became a not so smashing job in less than twelve months - that paint must have been really shit.

The Far Post Club was a place for normal Argyle fans to congregate. It used to be the place where the players would end up after the game. A man could have paid his subs to the FPC, left at 2.55pm and safely taken his terracing season ticket spot on the Mayflower.

I can not see there being any such place in the new stand. There will be bars but for non corporate non Grandstand upper shelf attendees these will be soulless concrete concourse style bars selling shite lager. Isn't the top shelf only accessible through the corporate lounge area?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:42 am

Greenjock wrote:

The new lounge will only serve Pims.alien 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:36 pm

They're getting a proper nice place in the new GRANDstand. Kitchens and everything. They're getting them shipped over from the US by these people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:55 pm

hairy j wrote:
They're getting a proper nice place in the new GRANDstand. Kitchens and everything. They're getting them shipped over from the US by these people.

Has to be the greatest link in history, read the hole page, did you know the company was started by Tony Bollock in 1960 !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:32 pm

They'll be taking guidance on how to run a popular venue from the guy who runs this place too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:46 pm

hairy j wrote:
They'll be taking guidance on how to run a popular venue from the guy who runs this place too.

The manager's called Justin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Far Past closed for good   Far Past closed for good Empty

Back to top Go down

Far Past closed for good
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next