The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Real Madrid coming to play

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Real Madrid coming to play Empty
PostSubject: Real Madrid coming to play   Real Madrid coming to play EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:50 pm

The Cherries

AFC Bournemouth will host Spanish giants Real Madrid in a celebratory exhibition match on Sunday 21st July.
Kicking off at 7.45pm, Real Madrid superstars Mesut Özil, Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo will grace the Goldsands Stadium for a one of a kind game against the Cherries.

The nine time European Cup winners will kick off their pre-season schedule on the south coast of England ahead of matches against Olympique Lyonnais, Paris Saint-Germain and its presence at the 2013 International Champions Cup.

With the Cherries already celebrating a monumental period in the club's history, chairman Eddie Mitchell is delighted to unveil such prestigious opposition.

"Real Madrid are at the pinnacle of global sport and to host them will be an honour for the squad, management and supporters of AFC Bournemouth," he said.

"We see the fixture as a well earned gift to our fans for their unwavering dedication to AFC Bournemouth, and also an opportunity for us to put the town of Bournemouth on the map.

"We are honoured to have been handpicked by Real Madrid to be their hosts in this landmark moment for the Football League, and we will do everything to ensure the game goes down in history."

Carlo Ancelloti's men will be showcasing their international pedigree against the newly promoted Cherries, who are set to embark on their first season in the second tier of English football for 23 years.

Emilio Butragueño, institutional relations manager at Real Madrid, said, "The celebratory exhibition match will be a fantastic occasion for both clubs, and we are looking forward to our trip to Bournemouth and the Goldsands Stadium.

"We are delighted that Real Madrid will play their first preseason game on British soil, and we eagerly anticipate the challenge from our English opponents."

£55 cheapest tickets

Last edited by Tgwu on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Real Madrid coming to play   Real Madrid coming to play EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:51 pm

If I was a Bournemouth fan I would be just a hint pissed off with those prices.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Real Madrid coming to play   Real Madrid coming to play EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:08 pm

stone me 55 quid affraid 
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Real Madrid coming to play   Real Madrid coming to play EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:33 pm

Elias wrote:
stone me 55 quid affraid 

Quote from fans

How about these for prices for a pre-season friendly..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

Taking the piss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Real Madrid coming to play   Real Madrid coming to play EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:48 pm

i remember when we played them in Austria in 2006. oh the bullshit that was caused by pasoti marks thinking it was the start of a long standing friendship with Real resulting in some of their youth players coming here on loan and friendlies at home park just some of the gems that some beards believed. Never once did it occur to them that Real only played us because they wanted our hotel lol. Didnt stop the club trying to cash in on it and some fans making a bit of bunce by selling advertising posters for that game.

but as for Bournemouth that is extortion if ever i have seen it. Its not as if the likes of Ronaldo (if he is still there and probably will be) Ramos and KAKA (remember him?) will be gracing the fields of Dean Court will they? it will most likely be the youth team. How they can have the cheek to charge £55 to watch that shows nothing but greed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Real Madrid coming to play   Real Madrid coming to play EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:08 pm

I wouldn't pay anything like that for a friendly. I know their ground isn't huge but that's mental.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Real Madrid coming to play   Real Madrid coming to play EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:31 pm

im off to see galataseri at meadow lane for a tenner! £60 a ticket is outrageous, i wouldnt pay that even to see argyle in europe, and that would include the transport costs. i predict a tiny crowd
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Real Madrid coming to play   Real Madrid coming to play EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:47 pm

That's absolutely obscene. Their capacity is 9,600. This could cripple them financially if there's the usual fee involved. Rumoured to be £1.5m.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Real Madrid coming to play   Real Madrid coming to play EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:00 pm

Apparently Ronaldo will play. Though they didn't say how long for...

The players who were in the Confederations Cup won't be there though.

But £60? Jeez.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Madrid coming to play   Real Madrid coming to play Empty

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid coming to play
Page 1 of 1