Tringreen
125+1
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

Anyone feeling more optimistic? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Well we have had alot of grublings over the last few months and rightly so, but with the recent signings, and 2/3 more soon to arrive are we feeling more optimistic about the forthcoming season.

2 good goalkeepers on the books, defence (apart from Baz) similer to last season which was not to bad at all, especially when Sheridan came in, Blizzard in the midfeild will add height and experiance, and our new look attack of Reid,Morgan and Allesandro looks interesting.

I would still like to see another midfeilder, but i have a feeling Sheridan is holding out for cox.

Left winger and Left Back are the key positions, we should forget about Baz, very disrespectfull to the club who he has earned a good living from for years, but cannot be bothered to communicate, i would withdraw the "very good offer" and use this towards what we require.

I still think Banton and Parsons will be on their way, C.Palace went back to pre-season today, so we should hear something this week.

It makes hell of a differance having an experianced manager in place, and with the new look back room staff Sheridan has nearly ticked all the boxes.

I think we will be comfortably mid-table or above this season.

And as for Brent, i think credit is due, he is clearly backing JS this season far more than was to be expected.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:09 pm

No he's not. He'll be adding to the club's debt to himself.

Poor old reluctant bidder Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:13 pm

125+1, I agree with almost all that.

It's certainly good to see an experienced manager in place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:15 pm

Is Brent backing the manager or building up PAFC future debt?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Brent has said he won't loan the club any more money this season so presumably this budget is self-sustaining and coming entirely out of the club's income.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:19 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Brent has said he won't loan the club any more money this season so presumably this budget is self-sustaining and coming entirely out of the club's income.

Fair comment Sam, Brent is obviously not backing the manager, financially.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:19 pm

GOB wrote:

Same thing!

Or do you expect Brent to cover any expenditure out of his own pocket?

Ask chelsea how much they are in debt, Ambramovich only covers the debts, but if he walked away the club will be in shit streak.

Brents doing the same as every other owner, no more no less.

If you think we will have owners like Man City, think again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:20 pm

125+1 wrote:
GOB wrote:

Same thing!

Ask chelsea how much they are in debt, Ambramovich only covers the debts, but if he walked away the club will be in shit streak.

To answer your question, yes I do.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:21 pm

GreenSam wrote:

Which is the way the club should be run. In Budget and reducing the debts attached, thats the only way forward for a healthy PAFC.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:23 pm

GOB wrote:
125+1 wrote:
GOB wrote:

Same thing!

To answer your question, yes I do.

Sorry Gob if you honestly believe that you are deluded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:24 pm

How is he reducing the debt if he is either a) allowing the debt to build, or b) financing a debt? Smiffy will be having a breakdown! Smile

Is that your argument 125?
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:29 pm

GOB wrote:
How is he reducing the debt if he is either a) allowing the debt to build, or b) financing a debt? Smiffy will be having a breakdown! Smile

Based on Greensam's comment of Brent not loaning the club anymore money, then if we are working in budget and as many people have said we are paying £200k a year off historical debts, then surely that means we are working within budget and paying off the debts!

At the end of the day GOB you know as much as me as to what the financial side is, and i know nothing about the budget of the club, on both our parts its guess work based on assumptions rather than facts.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Another key element in Chelsea's finances is that £166.6 million ($265 million) of intergroup debt was capitalized into equity -- effectively personal loans to the club written off by Abramovich -- to leave the club debt free.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:39 pm

If Banton and Parsons sign then I'm a lot more optimistic. Could even see us challenging for promotion.

If this has all been achieved within budget and Fletchers dross was around the 55% limit it just shows what a stupid decision it was to give Fletcher the gig in the first place.

It very nearly cost Argyle their league status. feckin exceptional individual my arse.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Another key element in Chelsea's finances is that £166.6 million ($265 million) of intergroup debt was capitalized into equity -- effectively personal loans to the club written off by Abramovich -- to leave the club debt free.

Must have missed that, good for Chelsea indeed and very generous by Abramovich.

But not many owners write off money as many clubs have found out over the years.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:54 pm

That's the difference between a genuine fan and a lip quivering, eye penetrating fantasy I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:25 pm

I am optimistic that we won't have a relegation battle but if the plans get passed then another one will follow as all money at HP is channeled towards paying off the Brent era debt that in this new era of Glasnost we are not allowed to know about. Sheridan is the only good thing at HP, I fear it won't last though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:45 pm

I believe Sheridan has the ability to get us back into the Championship within 5 years given reasonable backing from Jimmy B but does Jimmy B see the success of the HHP development as more of a priority than success on the pitch. Agree with Iggy though, i'm optimistic we won't be fighting relegation again this season.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:51 pm

125+1 wrote:
GOB wrote:

Based on Greensam's comment of Brent not loaning the club anymore money, then if we are working in budget and as many people have said we are paying £200k a year off historical debts, then surely that means we are working within budget and paying off the debts!

At the end of the day GOB you know as much as me as to what the financial side is, and i know nothing about the budget of the club, on both our parts its guess work based on assumptions rather than facts.

Ask one of the pasb reps lol! 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Whilst I agree that JS seems to be one of the very few reasons to believe that the club might avoid yet another relegation battle, at the wrong end of the entire football league. I see little or no justification for any belief that he is talented enough to get the club any further than the third tier, particularly owing to the club's debt situation, a non investing owner and a soon to be boxed in stadium, offering none of the feelgood factor to attract new or lapsed fans.

The Avivas will end up running the club and then it's game over.

No class. No integrity. No hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:06 pm

125+1 wrote:
GOB wrote:

Then how or why on earth do you suggest that Brent as backing the manager if you know nothing about the budget?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:21 pm

GreenSam wrote:

So what happens then if the clubs income is not sufficient to meet the budgetary criteria this season? And where exactly did Brent state that no more loans would be forthcoming?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Greenskin wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

So what happens then if the clubs income is not sufficient to meet the budgetary criteria this season? And where exactly did Brent state that no more loans would be forthcoming?

Ding Dong!

Precisely GS
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:48 pm

The Club remains encumbered by a number of debts and liabilities as a legacy of the administration period which are affecting financial performance. In hindsight it was stated that the budget prepared for 2012/13 by the de facto Chief Executive during the administration period were not achievable even if the side was successful in 2012/13. The PAFC Board stated that whilst the Club will be in a loss-making position for 2012/13, they intend to set a more realistic, breakeven budget for 2013/14. SHAREHOLDER COMMENT/CLARIFICATION: This reference is meant to apply to EBITDA, and therefore ignores non-cash items such as depreciation and player amortisation.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feeling more optimistic?   Anyone feeling more optimistic? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone feeling more optimistic?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next