Chemical Ali
argyledj
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

espn 22 november - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:55 am

Hang on a minute lads.Before you go any further re links and upgrades,the news bar on Sky Sports News had an update just now and the match is now going to be shown on the Comedy Channel.

Just a bit more gallows humour,like.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:04 am

I thought Tringy was welcoming the different viewpoint offered by 125+1 etc because it invites healthy debate on the site. But maybe that's just me.

Freathy - I totally get your call for investment in the playing side as being essential, but I'm struggling with the practicalities of the 'NOW' bit. I think I'm correct in saying that we've got two loan signings left for the season (do emergency loans also count towards the total?) so say we were looking to sign someone in particular from a League side, then the only way we can get them in now is via a loan-to-buy deal. Think that's correct. So I guess the question is, do we blow our last two loan signings now with buy-in-January deals, or keep them in the deck?

Free agents worry me. I'm sure there are decent players out there, but we're so far into the season how can we expect them to be match fit and hence make a tangible difference to the team? I have absolutely no idea how long it would take, assuming they've kept themselves in shape and turned out for a local side or whatever.

Finally we've got non-League players. Meant to look up the rules on signing non-leaguers outside of the League transfer window but forgot - does anyone know the rules? There must be loads of wee nuggets out there - your Noones and Mackies and Charlie Austins - but do we have any kind of scouting network to find them?

More questions than answers I'm afraid!

Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:28 am

Greenskin wrote:
Hang on a minute lads.Before you go any further re links and upgrades,the news bar on Sky Sports News had an update just now and the match is now going to be shown on the Comedy Channel.

Just a bit more gallows humour,like.

No, straight up, it's pay per view too.............for just £25 upfront they'll scramble the content for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:36 am

Nick wrote:
I thought Tringy was welcoming the different viewpoint offered by 125+1 etc because it invites healthy debate on the site. But maybe that's just me.

Freathy - I totally get your call for investment in the playing side as being essential, but I'm struggling with the practicalities of the 'NOW' bit. I think I'm correct in saying that we've got two loan signings left for the season (do emergency loans also count towards the total?) so say we were looking to sign someone in particular from a League side, then the only way we can get them in now is via a loan-to-buy deal. Think that's correct. So I guess the question is, do we blow our last two loan signings now with buy-in-January deals, or keep them in the deck?

Free agents worry me. I'm sure there are decent players out there, but we're so far into the season how can we expect them to be match fit and hence make a tangible difference to the team? I have absolutely no idea how long it would take, assuming they've kept themselves in shape and turned out for a local side or whatever.

Finally we've got non-League players. Meant to look up the rules on signing non-leaguers outside of the League transfer window but forgot - does anyone know the rules? There must be loads of wee nuggets out there - your Noones and Mackies and Charlie Austins - but do we have any kind of scouting network to find them?

Some good and valid points there Nick that leave us in a spot of pickle.

I think that Freathy is suggesting that it's better to spend a few bob now and hopefully stay in the FL rather then spend nothing and lose even more when we're relegated out of the FL. Throughout history we've always taken the latter option, hence our dismal record, but maybe it's not as straight forward, as Nick is suggesting.

Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:12 pm

GreenTint wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
I've missed this................................ All we need is greengenes to sign up and the balance will be perfect !

Your obsession with Pasoti, Ian Newell and greengenes is petty and pathetic. You're not an Argyle fan, you simply use it as a platform to irk nonsense at the people who have worked hard to save OUR (can't believe I'm saying that) club. If you are jealous then please just say, jealousy is human nature.

Tring, is it jealously? I'd like to know please. If not then what is it? Do you 'bat for the other side'?
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:15 pm

its a can of worms GT, suffice to say they dont see eye to eye on most things

and please dont start the pasoti im better than you shit, its mind numbing and doesnt belong on here
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:16 pm

All you have to do is support the team and get to games when you can to be an argyle fan, sorry, but some people dont match those.

I am proud of the club and I pledge my full support in them for the future. I'm sure freathy might then class himself as a fan once we are back in the championship, glory much, yes.
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:18 pm

Sneinton Green wrote:

and please dont start the pasoti im better than you shit, its mind numbing and doesnt belong on here

I am genuinly intrigued. I follow both sites and would like to know the history.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:18 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:
All you have to do is support the team and get to games when you can to be an argyle fan, sorry, but some people dont match those.

I am proud of the club and I pledge my full support in them for the future. I'm sure freathy might then class himself as a fan once we are back in the championship, glory much, yes.

ffs!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:19 pm

GreenTint wrote:
Sneinton Green wrote:

I am genuinly intrigued. I follow both sites and would like to know the history.

theres plenty on here, check out the thread entitled ijn
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Sneinton Green wrote:
GreenTint wrote:
Sneinton Green wrote:

theres plenty on here, check out the thread entitled ijn

Well apart from a disgusting comment about cancer, I can't see anything particularly wrong there.

FWIW, IJN has played a huge part in keeping my club alive and I don't understand why there's so much hate toward him and the others who have played their part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Cant agree more green tint.

We are a proud club being let down by individuals, IJN and others have kept us alive. I also get the feeling many on here would have actually preffered the club to fold, seen as without brent we would have.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: The People's President   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Chaps, don't believe everything you read about how some super fans 'saved' Argyle. There was always way too much at stake for the creditors to lose, and Argyle was sold at far too low a price for it not to be sold. As for James Brent, he always stated that he was prepared to step in to buy the club should the need arise (ie if he could get it cheaply). When the need arose and there were no other bidders to push the price up, he predictably then stepped in. Nothing to do with Newell or the PASOTI Trust, although perhaps it would be good marketing to suggest that they were vital to the process.

Cobi, anyone with a passing interest in the plight of argyle can be classed as a fan.

Gt, after a couple of years heckling users and threatening the site owners with legal action, IJN gained access to the old argyletalk website which many of us contributed financially to, deleted content, read pms, and resulted in it's closure. The man is a tool and he owes me a tenner.

The first paragraph of this post is just my reading of the takeover situation, take it or leave it as you will, but that last one is 100% factual which is (the main reason) why the man provokes such ire.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 5:23 pm

GOB wrote:
Nick wrote:

Some good and valid points there Nick that leave us in a spot of pickle.

I think that Freathy is suggesting that it's better to spend a few bob now and hopefully stay in the FL rather then spend nothing and lose even more when we're relegated out of the FL. Throughout history we've always taken the latter option, hence our dismal record, but maybe it's not as straight forward, as Nick is suggesting.

Yes we know what Freathy is saying, but am i the only one on here that realises that the transfer window is shut until January, so what the hell can Brent spend money on. As Nick said we only have a couple of loans left, so should we just waste them to keep people happy or use them wisely. We are stuffed until january, not much can be done appart from a change of manager, but Fergie would struggle with some of the players weve got.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:01 pm

125, I'm surprised that when it was known that Brent was going to complete, which must be 2 months ago, targets weren't being identified and trial matches weren't being arranged. After all we've had 2 trials in last week.

The one constant has been The Riddler and surely this is his remit.

The irons should have been in the fire a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Nick was correct with his assumption. I welcome debate. Pasoti doesn't.

GreenTint, dear boy. If you want a long read to discover the root causes of the conflict , try reading this huge thread on EXEWEB of all places.
I tried to get the Argyle boys on here because they complained about me having a go at Newell on a rival club's forum but they refused.

ps I think the babies bloke might be the president but he of course, denies it.

Get a beer, relax, read, inwardly digest and all will be revealed.

ps I can't keep on saying the same things, it's wearing me out and Pasoti banned me for repeating myself ! lol!

pps My last posting on page 51 ! offers a solution. Do you think your hero will be a man ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:

We are a proud club being let down by individuals, IJN and others have kept us alive. I also get the feeling many on here would have actually preffered the club to fold, seen as without brent we would have.

In the name of Aviva!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:51 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:

In the name of Aviva!!
lol!

But everyone is allowed a voice on ATD.

And welcome to greengenes !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:15 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:

In the name of Aviva!!
lol!

I think Cobi has a point about people wanting the club to fold. Plenty of them around, and I dont understand the motivation.

Why someone like Freathy posts on any Argyle site when he actively hates the club. And using punchdrunk's logic, going to home park and enjoying it makes you an aviva boy? Rather feeble mate.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Womble wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:

In the name of Aviva!!
lol!

I think Cobi has a point about people wanting the club to fold. Plenty of them around, and I dont understand the motivation.

Why someone like Freathy posts on any Argyle site when he actively hates the club. And using punchdrunk's logic, going to home park and enjoying it makes you an aviva boy? Rather feeble mate.

I didn't realise that anyone who still goes to HP [and that includes little ol'Aviva me] actually enjoys it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Womble wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:

In the name of Aviva!!
lol!

I didn't realise that anyone who still goes to HP [and that includes little ol'Aviva me] actually enjoys it.

Smile Perhaps endures would have been more apt!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Womble wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:

In the name of Aviva!!
lol!

Actually, what I hate is what's happened to the club and that its destruction was so uneccessary. There are plenty of people who now class themselves as superfans who to me looked very complicit in its destruction. Trust in stapes they screeched as the greedy twat sold off the best team we've ever had. And while this act of destruction was taking place these now self appointed superfans spat abuse at anyone who dared question their (and no doubt your) messiah. A group of fans formed a consortium and tried to offer *****wallet some investment but the scumbag was having none of it as he had 'other plans in place'...and we now know all too well what they were. And all the while the pro *****wallet superfans ran their campaign against the 'London' consortium. I saw all this going on at the time and thought these people are either very stupid indeed or they hate the club. There could be no other explanation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:01 pm

Freathy wrote:
Womble wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:

In the name of Aviva!!
lol!

Actually, what I hate is what's happened to the club and that its destruction was so uneccessary. There are plenty of people who now class themselves as superfans who to me looked very complicit in its destruction. Trust in stapes they screeched as the greedy twat sold off the best team we've ever had. And while this act of destruction was taking place these now self appointed superfans spat abuse at anyone who dared question their (and no doubt your) messiah. A group of fans formed a consortium and tried to offer *****wallet some investment but the scumbag was having none of it as he had 'other plans in place'...and we now know all too well what they were. And all the while the pro *****wallet superfans ran their campaign against the 'London' consortium. I saw all this going on at the time and thought these people are either very stupid indeed or they hate the club. There could be no other explanation.

My messiah? Get some perspective you c**t. If you can find some evidence backing that up please f***ing do.

Personally I was against stapes the moment we started selling players. And i think you overestimate the power of pasoti in running argyle freathy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:20 pm

Womble wrote:
And i think you overestimate the power of pasoti in running argyle freathy.

I don't think he does. Like all of us, he knows Pasoti runs diddly, but it's culture is questionable. It's the owners that run Argyle .. totally .. not even El Presidente with the funny hat has a say about the toilet rolls. At this moment in time, Ridsdale will be the encumbent with most power. very quiet at the moment, but just wait.

As far as the new regime is concerned, if you want to be a football club owner, step up and play the role, don't expect fans to allow you to get a club and it's property assets on the cheap and receive no complaints from the community if responsiblities are not taken on board. All contracts are a two way street. Any club is it's fans, no amount of bullshit will change that. Pasoti is just one small voice in the fan constituency, and this site an even smaller one.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:29 pm

Womble wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Womble wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:

In the name of Aviva!!
lol!

My messiah? Get some perspective you c**t. If you can find some evidence backing that up please f***ing do.

Personally I was against stapes the moment we started selling players. And i think you overestimate the power of pasoti in running argyle freathy.

I'm sorry, you just strike me as a 'trust in stapes' type individual. It must be the abusive name calling lol!

As for your other point, at that time the overwhelming line of by far the biggest and the only real fans online forum was very pro-wallet. Dissenters were banned. But perhaps a more disapproving line may have at least made him think he couldn't get away with it quite so easily? But then again he clearly didn't give a shit about the fans and those who worshipped him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

espn 22 november
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2