pepsipete
Rickler
seadog
argyledj
10 posters
AuthorMessage
argyledj

any gamers on here? Empty
PostSubject: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 8:09 pm

this one is a bit of a double header firstly are there any gamers on here if so add your system and gamer tag here on xbox im jimjam1970 if anyone fancies a game of fifa12, secondly there is a new cloud based gaming service avaliable called onlive while it does not have as many games as xbox or ps3 the fact it is cloud based means that as long as you have a half decent broadband speed 5meg or over you can play all the latest games on basic netbooks laptops pc's macs and soon on ipad android ect, at the moment there is a deal if you buy the new assasins creed you get a free micro console if you want to find out more check onlive could be good for someone or make an ideal xmas present.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:28 am

addicted to MarioKart Wii, with occasional forays back to the N64.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:07 am

I like pinball...
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:13 am

Hijack!!!!!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:05 am

Spend hours playing Railroad Tycoon II
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Can't beat a bit of Monopoly, or Cluedo........... However Pepsi's word game is the new favourite lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:50 am

mastermariner74 is my xboxlive tag, can't remember what my psn id is but i'll take a look.

I'm a PES chap tho, not FIFA...

Getting yearnings to play Skyrim at the mo' but not sure I have the time.

By the way, if you're looking for quality games journalism and the latest videogame reviews, interesting and thoughtful opinion-pieces and the odd bit of news, just click the link in my sig *cough cough*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:03 am

I'm still working out how this Xbox live thing works, then look out!

I'm a Halo kinda guy.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:14 am

I've resisted the temptation to get a PS3 for years. Always prefered PCgaming as I much prefer the accuracy of the mouse crosshairs when you're looking to take someones head off, from distance. Very Happy

Got a dilemma now tho' cos' my Gaming PC is on it's last legs and the laptop ain't man enough graphics-wise.

What to do? Give in to the PS3, or spend three times as much on another decent tower PC?

I know what I'd like to do, but if she finds out the cost, then I'm f*cking done for. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:18 am

Go for a shiney new tower, we only pass this way once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:25 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I've resisted the temptation to get a PS3 for years. Always prefered PCgaming as I much prefer the accuracy of the mouse crosshairs when you're looking to take someones head off, from distance. Very Happy

Got a dilemma now tho' cos' my Gaming PC is on it's last legs and the laptop ain't man enough graphics-wise.

What to do? Give in to the PS3, or spend three times as much on another decent tower PC?

I know what I'd like to do, but if she finds out the cost, then I'm f*cking done for. Crying or Very sad

I've never tried gaming on a pc, always seen it as a substandard Xbox or Play Station. The old pc is now about 500 years old in human terms, so it's time for an upgrade. I've heard a lot of how Apple are streets ahead of Microsoft but then so is the price. So the questions are, can a pc perform as well as an Xbox/PS and, does an Apple (computer) perform as well as a pc for gaming and, if so does an Apple (computer) justify the MASSIVE amount of additional cost?
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:28 am

Get her to read this and go for the PC, Czarcasm Smile
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:29 am

GOB wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I've never tried gaming on a pc, always seen it as a substandard Xbox or Play Station. The old pc is now about 500 years old in human terms, so it's time for an upgrade. I've heard a lot of how Apple are streets ahead of Microsoft but then so is the price. So the questions are, can a pc perform as well as an Xbox/PS and, does an Apple (computer) perform as well as a pc for gaming and, if so does an Apple (computer) justify the MASSIVE amount of additional cost?

With a top-notch graphics card GOB, a PC wipes the floor with console gaming, it really does.

Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:35 am

GOB wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Forget a Mac for gaming, there just aren't enough games on it and the big releases - when they do come out - are always months late. However if you wanted a Mac for something other than games then they're brilliant, and there's also the Onlive thing mentioned by argyledj in the OP. Like he says, it's cloud storage based so you don't play the game off your system (be it PC or Mac) and you don't need fancy graphics cards etc etc, just the Onlive box. I've not tried it but everyone says it's pretty neat. You can 'rent' the games too, rather than buying them.

More here, where you can grab a free trial: [url=http://www.onlive.co.uk ]www.onlive.co.uk [/url]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:44 am

Cheers Nick, this is all a bit...pishing in the corner of a dustbin!

I tend to only use the home pc for browsing so I'm wasting a considerable chunck of what a pc does, I guess that tells me I would be daft to fork out for an Apple, more so considering the games issues.

The next question is, how much do I need to spend to buy a half decent pc that will provide a decent standard for gaming along with a decent graphics card....I assume it will need a decent processor to keep up with a decent graphics card as well?
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:53 am

It's certainly not my area of expertise but the chap who runs one of our partner sites reckons 400-500 quid will get you everything you need including the graphics card. I can ask him for more details if you want?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:57 am

Partner site? lol!

Thank Nick, any particular make of pc?
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:05 am

Hmm, that does sound dodgy!

This is what we do (well, part of it) The Games Tribe

No idea on make, have dropped the chap a line.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:06 am

Nick wrote:
Get her to read this and go for the PC, Czarcasm Smile

Top man, Nick. Cheers for that!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: The People's President   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:41 am

I hunt foxes.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:54 am

I club baby seals
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:09 pm

and i buy the foxes and baby seals and add some squirrels, mashed up they taste grrrreat
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
crickeypafc

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Big gamer own both Xbox and PS3 and got a very good gaming rig

At the moment playing NCAA 12 (College Amercian Football ) on PS3

Fifa 12 and MW3 on Xbox

And Skyrim and Football Manager on PC

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any gamers on here?   any gamers on here? Empty

Back to top Go down

any gamers on here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum