Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..

Go down 
+4
seadog
Han Solos Other Ship
pilgrim_pete
VillageGreen
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. Empty
PostSubject: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:01 pm

I was in Two Trees with friends early this morning and Chris Webb was in there with some of his friends also,letting his hair down and partying.

Sadly,they were not wearing the below t-shirt,which was a shame and would have been ever so funny...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:11 pm

If Hillbilly Thickos like Chris Webb can do what he has done and be believed in by the legions of Janner Dimwits, then there is hope for anyone.
Thank god i will not be settling in Plymouth or my daughter growing up with that horrendous accent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:54 pm

hallmark of plymouth's finest drink at that establishment.
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:40 am

Middle aged man likes to have a drink on the weekend shock horror.

Call the Herald somebody.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:43 am

Zackly.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 11:01 am

I'm often in there m8s. Dangerous thing these late night places. I was brought up in the old 11pm/2am kick out times and now I find myself wondering how the feck it's 4am and I'm still out drinking drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 11:53 am

When I worked in Union St. in the early eighties the kick out times were 11pm for all pubs but the clubs went until 4am, about that time the police decided to bring the club time back to 2am. It was a shambles and should have been shelved within three months but it stayed. The 4am club rush for the takeaways and taxis would most nights just fizzle out as people drifted away from the clubs from about midnight. Your 4amers were on the whole proper hardcore partiers who were on the whole ok. When they bought in the 2am thing a lot of the people that went home at 12 would stay out those extra two hours and suddenly at 2am it was mental, the whole of Union St. outside the takeaways or the taxi rank, the doormen didn't want it, the takeaway owners hated it as did the taxi drivers, the old bill were too busy fighting everybody at 2am to have an opinion and now we have gone back to the old ways but from a different direction.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:39 pm

I never knew that about club kick out times, always thought they were 2am since year dot. Isn't it true that the pubs kicked out at 11pm due to WW1?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Half ten on Sundays, in Guernsey they did not even open on Sundays!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Sunday lunchtimes were from 12 until 2.30 then 7 until 10.30 and that was the law! Barbican would be quieter now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Ww1? I'm not that old FFS!
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Laughing

Sure I read somewhere it was to make sure the lads weren't all pissed up and couldn't take on Jerry the next day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 2:49 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:

since when has being in your early 30's middle age :S
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 2:52 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
Laughing

Sure I read somewhere it was to make sure the lads weren't all pissed up and couldn't take on Jerry the next day

Nearly. I seem to remember reading that the whole concept of licensing hours does date from WWI, but more because of the need to get people to work humunguous hours in factories.

Now I'll have to look it up properly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 2:52 pm

Webb is in his early 30,s?
Must have had a hard paper round
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:05 pm

Defence of the Realm Act 1914: pubs could only open between 12 noon and 2.30pm and 6.30pm to 9.30pm. This was to reduce alcohol consumption by civilians. Before that, opening hours were 5am to half past midnight.

Back on topic, this Act also gave the government powers to suppress published criticism.

#educatedwankers study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Obviously the same legislation that pasoti uses.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:31 am

Angry wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:

since when has being in your early 30's middle age :S

thats old age in glasgow
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
I'm often in there m8s. Dangerous thing these late night places. I was brought up in the old 11pm/2am kick out times and now I find myself wondering how the feck it's 4am and I'm still out drinking drunken

Same here...

The Clipper and Maxines can stay open until 8am. Maxines is usually the last establishment that i will go when i am in Town before heading off home [anywhere between 5am-6am].

The Tories do not like this 24 hour drinking lark that Labour brought in and are trying to curb or destroy it with new taxes etc-etc. Something that the landlord of the Clipper has complained about time after time.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:09 pm

glad im not the only one with the same problem !!!!
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Where's Maxines m8? Don't think I've ventured in there, unless it's been given a new name
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Is that opposite the Polly on the corner? I used to go to Maxine's all the time back in the seventies/eighties, it was the first place I knew of with a space invader machine, sort of cafe with a bar licence, great place, the other doss we had was Tramps on Bretonside.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:52 pm

Tramps for a shmokey back in't day.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Iggy wrote:
Is that opposite the Polly on the corner? I used to go to Maxine's all the time back in the seventies/eighties, it was the first place I knew of with a space invader machine, sort of cafe with a bar licence, great place, the other doss we had was Tramps on Bretonside.

That was Maxim's. I learnt much of what I know of life in there as a teenager. [Insert wavy lines of nostalgia here.]

Isn't Maxines the old Hackney Carriage? I thought it was shut, but there were people loitering outside it the other night.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 1:05 pm

Ah if it's the old Hackney yeah I've been in there. Same old faces as the HC but they've tried to bring it upmarket a bit Laughing Seen some right sights in there over the years.
Also used to frequent Castles (Tommy Tynan used to be in there quite a bit) and that old soul club, Detroit City was it called?

Flares used to be ok but every time I've gone past it's shut and just that dreadful Reflex place open
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..   I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then.. Empty

Back to top Go down

I see Chris Webb likes to party and let his hair down then..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next