Go down 
+3
gasser9
Czarcasm
Dougie
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

not that big a fan of his to be honest but thats another one down and 4 to go.

I can see the club are releasing these contract signings one a week to build suspense i see lol
Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Promising though. By all accounts he's getting more confident and pair him with an experienced attacking midfielder and he's got the ability.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:23 pm

An improving player who can only get better in my eyes. Happy with this.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:27 pm

He's only 22, so to be showing the sort of leadership qualities that gets you the captaincy is a big feather in his cap. He's got the potential to play at a higher level without doubt.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:38 pm

Pleased with that.
A good player who will get better.
Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Promising though. By all accounts he's getting more confident and pair him with an experienced attacking midfielder and he's got the ability.

I think a defensive midfielder would work for Hourihane better than an Attacking one in the centre. I truly hope Baz and Cole sign up next I am sure Vassell will do and the argie.
Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Very good news. Sheridan's early decision and subsequent charm offensive seems to be working.
Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyWed May 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Good signing.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyWed May 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Good stuff- he's gone from being very average in his first season, to very competent in the first half of this season to being more or less a complete League 2 central midfielder in a team showing play-off form in the second half of this season.

If he improves at that rate for another two years, it's scary how good he could end up. Great signing.
Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:33 pm

If this had been the end of last season I would have been swearing. But, I have to say I thought he was the most improved player on the park last season. Start wasn't promising but once Sheridan got hold of him and gave him the responsibility he seemed to blossom. I'm now firmly in the glad he has signed camp on this one and I think he will improve further.

I do wish there was a new face announced though because everytime I switch on to any football news it seems other clubs are signing players yet we are still in the retaining mode.
Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:43 pm

I hope he does improves on the eight minutes he played at dorchester before he got sent off, (yes i'm plastic i watched it on the telly) still he's young so it looks like a good move.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Pleased with the signing.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:51 pm

I can't get too excited by this announcement.An average player in a very poor team as Argyle were without their loan signings.Not a midfield general,nor a midfielder that can open up defences with a hoddle type pass,still the majority seem to think he's the bee's knees.Hope he produces.
Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:40 am

Without Hourihanes goals last season we would have gone down, would he have got into Ollies dream team? Probably not but he is one of our better players and we need to hang onto him.
Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:58 am

The one aspect of his game he needs to address is his discipline as sometimes he gets silly bookings and red cards which could have been preventable. Hopefully this season and as Captain he will develop his game.
Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:27 pm

Looks like its going to be the same team as last season then Evil or Very Mad
not exactly an inspiring signing. I just hope he shows more improvement than he has upto now, because at his age he should be better than he is imo for a professional footballer. But then again most of the team are like that
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:38 pm

and with Warren Feeney keen to impress Sheridan into giving him a new contract as well,it looks very much like same old same old.Probably explains why season ticket sales have stalled....
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:40 pm

Have they?
Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:52 pm

If we dont get half a dozen (minimum) decent players in it will be another relegation battle, young kids and donkeys will not get promotion which should be the target.
Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:03 pm

greensleeves wrote:
and with Warren Feeney keen to impress Sheridan into giving him a new contract as well,it looks very much like same old same old.Probably explains why season ticket sales have stalled....
Fans wont part with their hard earned cash and buy season tickets, unless brent shows real intent which we know wont happen.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:45 pm

SS68, you're probably right, but do we know that the selling of season tickets has stalled?
Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:01 pm

I've bought mine but then I always was village.

When I went up to hand my money over I heard there had been about 3000 tickets sold but would be genuinely interested to know if the real figure is out there and it isn't just an internet rumour one.
Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:05 am

Bums on seats is what we need, bullshit drip fed to the masses will inspire nothing but despondency amongst the proles. Old lip quiverer is going to have a tough old time of it this season unless he shows some intent, for that I mean top six place, relegation battles are too much for me at this time in my life, I shall leave them for Newell and all the better fans. I like what Sheridan is doing with the squad, we can't just start from scratch and the spine of the team to compete is here, Feeney I think should go and that leaves us short of about half a dozen players, I trust Sherifpdan to pick the right players, if he gets the budget, the budget I am not so confident about.
Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Well it will be one of two ways
1. Brent is not really interested in PAFC as a football club and therefore will just let it roll along as it is (apparently he has said he is putting no more money in and therefore losing none)
2. Brent will spend some money on the basis that it is a loan and therefore he stands to lose nothing when PAFC pays it back and therefore possibly increasing the debt

either way he doesn't care and will lose nothing in terms of money (although will probably make some in the process)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hourihane signs up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hourihane signs up   Hourihane signs up Empty

Back to top Go down

Hourihane signs up
Page 1 of 1