Rickler
pepsipete
Tringreen
Greenskin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti Empty
PostSubject: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 2:48 pm

I was thinking the other day ... there were some reasons I bothered with Pasoti for so long ... they're not all Southern Dumpties following the party line.

I have always liked Gary Wills, an articulate poster who plays with logic. I don't think he has ever got a response from anyone .. obviously too much for most.

I also liked Coulsdon Green ... I think he's changed his name now. He had an avatear of Mr Bean, was at college somewhere I think and sometimes felt a bit doleful, a bit like Mr Bean I think. I liked him. Without getting into the argument thing like I used to, his synopsis was usually spot on, and well argued.

Metal Mickey ? ... something like that ... always a very very well argued post and a fine understanding of a football match without side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 3:02 pm

If they're still posting on there, to receive a credit from here could be a kiss of death! What a Face

I don't always agree with Tony Cholwell but he is intelligent and his own man. I would love to read a full argument from him as to why he is not sold on The Trust.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Green mill seems to know his stuff, even if he had only ever that one post shattering the myth that everything was great when Stapes was in charge. Knecht seems to be an Oasis of rationality amongst the back slapping and general Brent knows bestery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:10 pm

I had a cracking argument with PAFC+ a few years ago so I always keep an eye out for his posts. Knecht has always been good value as well. I used to spend a lot of time on the opinions board as you found a better class of poster there. Apart from Greenblooded1.

El Duderino used to be funny as he wound a lot of people up.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Lord Cuckfield,Minesasmooth and Bandwagon are splendidly subversive posters.Greenskin is absolutely superb as a poster,but you wouldn't want to know him as a person,complete and utter twat! Smile Some of the best rebel posters are heard no more-Mike Sainsbury,Nape [think he used to post on the old AT],The Reverend Jim etc-probably got fed up with it all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 7:22 pm

To answer the thread title, there's a few I still like and share opinions with from Pasoti, but sadly most of the big hitters that made comments beyond the "new Janner song", mutual back slapping cliques and young teenagers, have slowly moved onto other places since Pasoti was taken over by the clique Mafia, those that still post anything worthwhile are few and far between, including the few names above.

Tony Cholwell is very much an independent and criticised for his lack of will to follow the mob, but he tends to team up when he thinks he's at a loose end and feels he has to justify himself for his opinion.

I rarely look at Pasoti these days because I know exactly what it will be, half a dozen threads to raise money, half a dozen threads saying "thank you" and another half a dozen threads saying how wonderful the GA is. Nobody on there has noticed that we're at the bottom of the entire Football League yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:25 pm

GOB wrote:
To answer the thread title, there's a few I still like and share opinions with from Pasoti, but sadly most of the big hitters that made comments beyond the "new Janner song", mutual back slapping cliques and young teenagers, have slowly moved onto other places since Pasoti was taken over by the clique Mafia, those that still post anything worthwhile are few and far between, including the few names above.

Tony Cholwell is very much an independent and criticised for his lack of will to follow the mob, but he tends to team up when he thinks he's at a loose end and feels he has to justify himself for his opinion.

I rarely look at Pasoti these days because I know exactly what it will be, half a dozen threads to raise money, half a dozen threads saying "thank you" and another half a dozen threads saying how wonderful the GA is. Nobody on there has noticed that we're at the bottom of the entire Football League yet.

I agree...i recently had the dubious honor of a brief excursion on there for a few weeks before i was banned again for nothing other then being a member of this website ....still the same old cliques and bullying tactics if your opinion runs against the grain,the place aint changed a bit.
If you don't have over 3000 posts and/or have your own seat in the demport you might as well talk to your shoe because no one cares...no wonder we once faced extinction with bell ends like that running the show.
They're still there in abundance..knobbers one and all jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:50 am

Perusing the replies on here, it has occurred to me that a great many intelligent and articulate Argyle people, have either been worn down, drifted away or hounded out of Pasoti over the years, thus robbing the fanbase of its natural leaders.
To a large extent, all that is left is the vocal, local yeomanry. The passionate but one dimensional rump of the club's support. Hardly a recipe for innovation and success.

Yet they revel in their new found status and more worryingly, appear to have the ear of the new owner.

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:39 am

punchdrunk wrote:

I agree...i recently had the dubious honor of a brief excursion on there for a few weeks before i was banned again for nothing other then being a member of this website ....still the same old cliques and bullying tactics if your opinion runs against the grain,the place aint changed a bit.

Funny I have been posting on both sites for years and apart from being jumped on by Newell/Ponty at the height of the Argyle Talk/Pasoti "war" have had no trouble. Have been a member of Argyle Talk since it was owned by Miller.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:45 pm

pepsipete wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Funny I have been posting on both sites for years and apart from being jumped on by Newell/Ponty at the height of the Argyle Talk/Pasoti "war" have had no trouble. Have been a member of Argyle Talk since it was owned by Miller.

Think it was 'Millar' and was used by Pasoti types who wanted their own fourum to discuss pies and banana bus expeditions.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:21 am

In truth.. There are many very worthy posters on the farm. One of them - who I don't always agree with - I was talking about on here a few weeks ago...

A very warm welcome to Gareth Nicholson.

...and good luck to him with his Trust endeavours.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:36 am

Agreed.......... but these voices are usually drowned in a sea of childlike , eternal optimists.

'I do believe in fairies, I do, I do, I do !' jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:26 pm

I still flirt with PASOTI although I dont post anymore as I really cant be arsed with it for the reasons GOB alluded to.

Our Smiffy is always a good read along with the likes of Tony Cholwell and Esmer(Pro Ridsdale).

Totnes Mike is good entertainment value along with Cleaner (King of the scoop Laughing )

El Duderino makes me chuckle and winds the flock up a treat, Bathing Ape was great for inside info during Sturrock MK 2 reign.

I follow Neilio on terraces for his football betting tips... Good lad won a few bob out of him this season cheers
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:05 pm

I skim some posters (in long threads) but look out for posts from IJN, Chris Webb, X-Isle, Peter Jones, Greenskin, John Vaughan, Paul Roberts, Posty and John Lloyd. Also read posts from ATD-ers. I also recently like knecht and Tavypilgrim.

Any of the 'pun' threads I avoid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:33 pm

I love Herb, Chill, Andy Lannie, JV, the Doctor, Wisconsin, Droly, HBLC and the other regular Mundane posters.

(Note - when I say 'love', I mean in the friendly way, not the other way.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:57 pm

I also watch out for martynargyle and greengenes for the comedy value. Northcountryboy was also worth a read when Stapes was around because it was fun trying to guess what member of Stapes' family it was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:37 pm

I remember being on the receiving end of a Herb put down once, was a cracker so I gained a bit of respect for the fellow. He doesn't seem to post so much now which is a shame because he's got a good soh.

Peggy, what happened to Tyhee? I believe that Skoppers is still about and I hear from Lark once every couple years when I check my email! Embarassed

And Gert?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:40 pm

GOB wrote:
I remember being on the receiving end of a Herb put down once, was a cracker so I gained a bit of respect for the fellow. He doesn't seem to post so much now which is a shame because he's got a good soh.

Peggy, what happened to Tyhee? I believe that Skoppers is still about and I hear from Lark once every couple years when I check my email! Embarassed

And Gert?

Gert- Founder member of the North Peverell Massive. Did he move away (Wales?)?

Mouseman (RIP) was another poster who bordered on comedy genius/ lunatic.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Herb and LG , were up for a bit of banter in my two week stint before Tony Cholwell grassed a post.then got banned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Some great posters on Pasoti.
Tend to skim longer threads and look out for the contributions of Chris Webb, Graham Clark, X-Isle, Peter Jones, JV, and John Lloyd.

Chill, Carolina, Droly, SurreyGreen are often find in the chatroom and good fun.

Always interested in the views of GreenSam, and Matteh particularly on tactical/players threads. Fergy quite new but a good poster.

I miss Tyhee's posts a lot, his lengthy humourous rants were articulate and near to the mark.

Greensmirk hardly ever posts, but remember him from Rivals.net, he's a funny guy

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 41)
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Some great posters on Pasoti.
Tend to skim longer threads and look out for the contributions of Chris Webb, Graham Clark, X-Isle, Peter Jones, JV, and John Lloyd.

Chill, Carolina, Droly, SurreyGreen are often find in the chatroom and good fun.

Always interested in the views of GreenSam, and Matteh particularly on tactical/players threads. Fergy quite new but a good poster.

I miss Tyhee's posts a lot, his lengthy humourous rants were articulate and near to the mark.

Greensmirk hardly ever posts, but remember him from Rivals.net, he's a funny guy

Agree about Tyhee Slim,he really did have an insight into the rare successes and more frequent failures of Argyle and the reasons behind them.Turning the thread title on it's head a bit,two of the posters who always made my blood boil were Jimseng and FarmerGyles,nothing personal,just couldn't stomach their outlook.They probably thought the same about me as well,which would be fair enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:12 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I also watch out for martynargyle and greengenes for the comedy value. Northcountryboy was also worth a read when Stapes was around because it was fun trying to guess what member of Stapes' family it was.

I cant wait for Martynargyle to sign up to ATD Frank, Tring will love him Laughing

His initial slagging off of the CP "team" was pure PASOTI gold and in fairness to IJN he did invite him to attend one of their meetings. He soon fell into line jocolor

Greengenes is a joke, I get the impression he cant even take a s*it without asking for IJNs permission to leave the keyboard. bounce

Sycophant superior.

Rupert is entertaining when he is having a handbag moment.

Last edited by Arch Stanton on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
GOB wrote:

And Gert?

Gert- Founder member of the North Peverell Massive. Did he move away (Wales?)?

Mouseman (RIP) was another poster who bordered on comedy genius/ lunatic.

Ahh the old Mouse bless him and the one that provided the name Tony Maffiosa to the IJN mob!

Not sure what happened to Gert, the last time I saw him was on a pub crawl around the Barbican, he was having a tough time with a few things if I remember rightly. It would be great to see him about again!

Rename the site Rotg I say!

RIP Mouseman.............. would have been an honour to know you...... Tony Maffiosa ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:28 pm

I stay in occasional touch with Tyhee, he was well and dandy a few weeks ago.

I think he intends to move house soon, so he may be busy with all that.

I will alert him to the fact that he is missed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:04 pm

I've actually met Greengenes twice and he comes across as a really nice genuine bloke. He would probably do anything for the club and everything he says is what he believes in 100% at that time, which isn't necessarily a good thing on the Internet.

If you were to turn up at his local and told him Who You supported, I doubt if you had to put your hand in your pocket all night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti   Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti Empty

Back to top Go down

Who are your liked unsung posters on Pasoti
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next