+2
Mock Cuncher
VillageGreen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Pompey have been busy then !!.. Empty
PostSubject: Pompey have been busy then !!..   Pompey have been busy then !!.. EmptySat May 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Portsmouth are getting the signings in early i see..Is this a show of intent for their vacating of League Two at the first attempt.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Pompey have been busy then !!..   Pompey have been busy then !!.. EmptySat May 11, 2013 4:11 pm

My colleagues are convinced that this will be their one and only season in the 4th tier.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Pompey have been busy then !!..   Pompey have been busy then !!.. EmptySat May 11, 2013 4:24 pm

feck 'em ,wankers the lot of 'em
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey have been busy then !!..   Pompey have been busy then !!.. EmptySat May 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
My colleagues are convinced that this will be their one and only season in the 4th tier.

And why not they have the backing and will have the gates to sustain income. Aslong as they have learnt their lessons from before and spend wisely they should be back in league one by this time next year. Hopefully with us!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey have been busy then !!..   Pompey have been busy then !!.. EmptySat May 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Have they got more buckets than us and do they love a fanfest ? Howsabout Deepthroaters and Windsor Boys ?
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Pompey have been busy then !!..   Pompey have been busy then !!.. EmptySat May 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Remember pompy due to their finances last season could only have a 16 man squad and most of that was filled with loan signings and month by month contracts. Would be interesting to see how many established professional s they have before they made any signings. Huge rebuild job there. But quantity is quality so will be interesting to see how their rather inexperienced manager brings it all together.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Pompey have been busy then !!..   Pompey have been busy then !!.. EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Pompey will piss all over this dog shit division
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey have been busy then !!..   Pompey have been busy then !!.. EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Same old "big club" routine from the new shirt wearers.
The first couple of months will show if Portsmouth will bear the full weight of debts to former owners and their debts, as we have to.
I reckon Portsmouth are more likely to do an Argyle or Wednesday than a Southampton. Apart from the age old hundred odd miles nearer Landan, I can't imagine what karma is going for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey have been busy then !!..   Pompey have been busy then !!.. EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:14 pm

Apart from Padovani, who could be way too good for this league, I can't seeanything there that should frighten anybody.

Agyemang and Akinde as strikers aren't anything special by any means. Together they scored about as many goals as Chadwick and Feeney last season.

Padovani has been a squad player for Monaco for 4 years now in the French League 2.

He's a defensive midfielder who collects a few yellow and red cards and scores a couple of goals a season, maybe a great signing in League 2 along the lines of Friio?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Pompey have been busy then !!..   Pompey have been busy then !!.. EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Could be one for Sky Sports next season - the battle of the ports.

My lip is quivering in anticipation already.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey have been busy then !!..   Pompey have been busy then !!.. EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:37 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Could be one for Sky Sports next season - the battle of the ports.

My lip is quivering in anticipation already.

Good idea..
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey have been busy then !!..   Pompey have been busy then !!.. EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:44 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Good luck to them with that theory !!.

Pompey struggled in League One so if they think League Two will be much easier,then i think they have a shock heading Fratton Park way.

They could just about scrape promotion from League Two i suppose,but let's wait and see..

I can remember back in the early 80s when Pompey and Huddersfield Town were the ''big boys'' in what was then Division Four. They both were getting decent sized crowds back then too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pompey have been busy then !!..   Pompey have been busy then !!.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pompey have been busy then !!..
Page 1 of 1