Dane
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:20 pm

Whats happened to Dave Radmore?

He worked on the main pitch and the training ground all by himself during the admin process....... Now his job is being advertised? Has he left the club ? or has he been pushed out?

Without this man argyle wouldnt have had a decent surface to play or train on, I hope he hasnt been shit on, but i suspect he has been.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:22 pm

Its not him I was talking about.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:24 pm

I wasnt suggesting it was, My question is genuine!! is he at the club still ? or has he been pushed out

or has he simply left of his own accord to bigger and better things ?

Just seems strange that a man who done alot for the club during the hard times suddenly is having his job advertised
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:41 pm

He left for more pay
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:41 pm

fair enough , where has he gone damon, is he still in football ?
Back to top Go down

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:06 am

Poor thread. Must try harder. I give this thread 2/10.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Congratulations to Dave Radmore who has been awarded League Two Groundsman of the Year.

This was well earned with at times insufficient materials to do the job properly.

It's such a shame he felt he had to leave to earn enough money to support his family.
Back to top Go down

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Congratulations to Dave Radmore who has been awarded League Two Groundsman of the Year.

This was well earned with at times insufficient materials to do the job properly.

It's such a shame he felt he had to leave to earn enough money to support his family.

Its disgusting to think the club think it can cut corners by not paying the going rate for someone qualified and with the experience to be a head groundsman.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Richard Blight wrote:

is there a theme starting to appear here? Both the programme guy and the groundsman being expected to do things on the cheap. Of course we had a few redundancies from the 200 (yeah right) staff. But are other means being used to cut the payroll?
Back to top Go down

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:33 pm

I expect Newell could knock together the programme and a team of volunteers could take turns cutting the grass.
Back to top Go down

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptySun May 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Richard Blight wrote:

Indeed. The shortage of material was reportedly a problem way back under admin. The pitch is a greedy animal by all accounts, for all resources... one thing I really don't like about modern sport surface technology. I hope the new stand has a rather big water butt.. didn't Todd want some sort of lake ?
Decent pay for a decent day's work for manual skills is more difficult than ever in today's skewed economy. How on earth can Argyle not compete for this sort of skill and knowledge ? Maybe there is other stuff going on.
Back to top Go down

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptySun May 12, 2013 5:08 pm

worried of penzance wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

Indeed. The shortage of material was reportedly a problem way back under admin. The pitch is a greedy animal by all accounts, for all resources... one thing I really don't like about modern sport surface technology. I hope the new stand has a rather big water butt.. didn't Todd want some sort of lake ?
Decent pay for a decent day's work for manual skills is more difficult than ever in today's skewed economy. How on earth can Argyle not compete for this sort of skill and knowledge ? Maybe there is other stuff going on.

Its the same as usual..reeking of corruption, the sooner this vermin are driven from the club the better
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:17 pm

The problem with our pitch is it is very gravel/stone based which means it drains very quickly. Ok that is good when we get very wet weather but this also presents another problem, all nutrients in the pitch are washed out very quickly which do need to be replaced which costs money.

A decent pay for a manual job is not correct a top quality groundsman can command a very high wage. Brent might think he pays his gardener at his gaff peanuts and he can do the same at home park then he is seriously deluded.

As time goes on and brent or who ever makes these decisions off the pitch the more I become concerned which path we are taking as a club.Ala non league non professional.
Back to top Go down

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:34 am

It's hard not to think there's someone involved saying "Get rid of them, I know someone who can do that"
It certainly has a growing Big Society feel, dressed up as fan or community involvement.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:52 am

Or, village Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:40 am

lawnmowerman wrote:
The problem with our pitch is it is very gravel/stone based which means it drains very quickly. Ok that is good when we get very wet weather but this also presents another problem, all nutrients in the pitch are washed out very quickly which do need to be replaced which costs money.

A decent pay for a manual job is not correct a top quality groundsman can command a very high wage. Brent might think he pays his gardener at his gaff peanuts and he can do the same at home park then he is seriously deluded.

As time goes on and brent or who ever makes these decisions off the pitch the more I become concerned which path we are taking as a club.Ala non league non professional.

And that bit I am convinced would be the preferred option, all the words and all the indications combined with a boardroom of newell's webb's, jones's and nikks that don't have the cash for a FL club would be lactating at the thought of a club that they could afford to run.

PAFC is in every way being run as a Blue Square club, the only difference is league position and that's a very slim gap indeed thanks to Brent's disorder.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:01 am

The 2012/13 was a golden year in regards to budget. Relatively high season ticket sales, excellent home attendences considering our league position and Brent lending the club £1.5 million to £2 million.
2013/14 the club will be in austerity mode.
Back to top Go down

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:09 am

Dougie wrote:
The 2012/13 was a golden year in regards to budget. Relatively high season ticket sales, excellent home attendences considering our league position and Brent lending the club £1.5 million to £2 million.
2013/14 the club will be in austerity mode.

I can't see season ticket sales being as good but on the plus side we have a far better manager. Next season will be a very interesting season, both on and off the pitch.
Back to top Go down

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:46 am

worried of penzance wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

They did place one of these at the corner of the grandstand and the Demport when they installed the pitch if I remember rightly, where this will go when the corners are filled in I don't know. As any keen Gardner know though the water butt doesn't last long when we have a dry spell. Maybe this could be a focal point for our campaign?
SAVE OUR RATHER BIG WATER BUTT!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:38 am

I expect he reckons he can the senior greens too look after the pitch. Fan involvement at its best. Maybe Nikkk can buy them a lawnmower! jocolor
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:31 pm

They can't have ours!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dave Radmore  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Radmore    Dave Radmore  Empty

Back to top Go down

Dave Radmore
Page 1 of 1