Tringreen
PlymptonPilgrim
greensleeves
Tgwu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Could this be the big news Empty
PostSubject: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Free Fodder for the sheep

The pig has started is summer push to keep the sheep on his side, There will be three buses to home matches next season, you will have to paid a small fare.

Quote from the pig

Just to let you know, FIL and Target Travel are now talking about 3 sponsored buses to each game next season.

Just headline names, but there will be a double decker running from Plympton, Plymstock and Roborough for all of the games next season.

Fares are going to be very cheap, and people will be chuffed with the rates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:20 pm

He's absolutely gunning for the Commercial Manager job.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Tgwu wrote:

The pig has started is summer push to keep the sheep on his side, There will be three buses to home matches next season, you will have to paid a small fare.

Quote from the pig

Just to let you know, FIL and Target Travel are now talking about 3 sponsored buses to each game next season.

Just headline names, but there will be a double decker running from Plympton, Plymstock and Roborough for all of the games next season.

didnt they do this like 4 times before and it never turned a profit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Quote from the pig

didnt they do this like 4 times before and it never turned a profit?

Yes but then it was free, this time there's a charge, so it seems.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:59 pm

If the scheme helps to encourage more fans to go to HP then it is a big plus.The original eight buses were always packed,especially those coming in from Plympton and Plymstock,and the passenger numbers only dropped off when charges were brought in by the plymouth argyle supporters club which were often dearer than a normal family day rider on City Bus.This season they will be subsidised by FEL/Target so should prove popular,especially on those routes,mentioned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyFri May 10, 2013 4:17 pm

I've used the free buses in the past, few wets up the George then into HP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyFri May 10, 2013 4:20 pm

greensleeves wrote:
If the scheme helps to encourage more fans to go to HP then it is a big plus.The original eight buses were always packed,especially those coming in from Plympton and Plymstock,and the passenger numbers only dropped off when charges were brought in by the plymouth argyle supporters club which were often dearer than a normal family day rider on City Bus.This season they will be subsidised by FEL/Target so should prove popular,especially on those routes,mentioned.

anything free is going to be popular
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyFri May 10, 2013 4:21 pm

Would rather he'd do one and take the other turncoats with him
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyFri May 10, 2013 4:54 pm

The way to encourage people to go to Home Park is to have a successful team on the pitch.

I'm quite surprised that those in power at Home Park haven't realised that yet.

Actually, I'm not. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyFri May 10, 2013 5:34 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
The way to encourage people to go to Home Park is to have a successful team on the pitch.

I'm quite surprised that those in power at Home Park haven't realised that yet.

Actually, I'm not. Rolling Eyes

Absolutely.................. and none of these sort of activities will attract any but the already addicted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyFri May 10, 2013 5:35 pm

lets fund a mural Very Happy

find out what it costs and lets debate about getting one done much better have our logo up at home park.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:21 pm

So providing transport to matches at low cost for those who choose to use it is something to be mocked. It amazes me that people on here are more interested in trying to slate anything that anyone on pasoti does whether it is positive or not. im sure if someone on this site had helped to sort it out they would be deemed great. Very sad indeed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:54 pm

Seriously, a good side, playing near the top, scoring goals and a decent stadium and we don't need free bus rides or subsidised bus rides. That's the point. Hyperbolic mocking is just the ATD way.

Newell ain't doing this without someone somewhere owing him. That's exactly what he's up to. He'll end up on the payroll as a cheapo Commercial Manager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:38 pm

125+1 wrote:
So providing transport to matches at low cost for those who choose to use it is something to be mocked. It amazes me that people on here are more interested in trying to slate anything that anyone on pasoti does whether it is positive or not. im sure if someone on this site had helped to sort it out they would be deemed great. Very sad indeed

It's just the way that the fat cnut is the spokesman for everything club related these days.

I couldn't give a flying feck what buses run but the gradual drip, drip, drip of FIL/FES sponsored whatever being trumpeted by Newell gets right on my tits and evidently a few others too.

Nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk has a loan company that charges quite high rates to people with bad credit history and it looks like he is trying just a bit too hard to make people think he's giving money to blind Romanian orphans with leprosy who have stepped on landmines.

Newell and Webb are both media whores and Nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk just loves giving them the opportunity to reveal new sponsorship deals every week. He must be subsidising at least 20% of the clubs income and is responsible for paying off a major chunk of Brent's debt. To me all it's doing is letting Brent get away with shelling out even less himself.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:44 pm

Yeh, all the voms in the new grandstand having ATD logos (what that...ed) leading it to be commonly known as the ATD stand. That'll turn it from magnificent architectural masterpiece to "piddling little stand for a piddling little site" overnight cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:00 am

hairy j wrote:
Seriously, a good side, playing near the top, scoring goals and a decent stadium and we don't need free bus rides or subsidised bus rides. That's the point. Hyperbolic mocking is just the ATD way.

Newell ain't doing this without someone somewhere owing him. That's exactly what he's up to. He'll end up on the payroll as a cheapo Commercial Manager.

Volunteering has always been a traditional path for those with no relevant experience.
The commercial thing was targeted from quite early on. Still, someone's got to do it if we're going to get the Big Society... it seems to be all the rage.
The way things are going the Home Park development could be another first in football.... the only multi million development to result in less paid posts than what it replaced. Almost magic, or at the very least, music to some ears with an eye for a budget.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:51 am

125+1 wrote:

And you wade right in saying side a has this view side b has that view and that is the problem, I am people on here and I have just said that I have used the free buses in the past, the fare enables me to have another half it's all good, some others thinks its pr bullshit, which is fine.
As for the whole stand debate, we have had Innocent and Sensi amoungst others arguing to accept the stand in their current form, we have had a large number of posters who wish to see compromise and a smaller proportion who would rather see nothing built and JB hounded out of HP. Whilst they may not represent your views how can you take the stand that we are only anti pasoti, debate is welcome here, can you handle it?
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:21 pm

hairy j wrote:

dont you mean owning? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Just because i'm a nosey tw@t really but what does porkus do for a crust in REAL life. All those holidays don't come cheap and Nikkkkkkk aint been around that long.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:49 am

i seem to recall that the commerial managers job was worth 16k a year a decade ago affraid

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:09 am

The Nool announced boastfully on Exeweb a few years ago, that he's an upper bracket tax payer. So, anything over about £42k pa I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:16 am

Yes chaps, but what price is qudos?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could this be the big news   Could this be the big news Empty

Back to top Go down

Could this be the big news
Page 1 of 1