7/28/365

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Isn't there a 'plan' with this name being put into operation by Brent?

Anyone any idea of what it actually entails?

Are we on track to successfully complete part '7'?
Back to top Go down

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:26 pm

There are 7/28/100 day plans according to Chris Webb.
The 7/28 day bit includes Ridsdale using his massive reputation within the football village to put in offers for well known players that then get rejected.
Back to top Go down

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:17 pm

I have never believed this hype that Ridsdale has great football contacts. His "contacts" are probably people who think they can get a Seth Johnson style "cough" contract.
Back to top Go down

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Fletcher has recruited a coach from within.
Certainly seems to rate him and he has been heavily involved with the youth set up.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
Certainly seems to rate him and he has been heavily involved with the youth set up.

The slightly worrying thing about this is that a trend, post takeover, seems to be developing for doing things on the cheap.

Ok, maybe Fletch deserves a chance. But we could really have done with a proven firefighter to drag us up the league to safety. Fletch was already in situ, has a contract that has to be honoured, so he's being paid anyway. So in effect, he is a cheap option.

The same seems to be happening with Nanceskevill. I'm sure he's chuffed to bits, but is that the level of coaching ability we're aiming for?

Underwhelming ain't it?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 6:25 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

The slightly worrying thing about this is that a trend, post takeover, seems to be developing for doing things on the cheap.

Ok, maybe Fletch deserves a chance. But we could really have done with a proven firefighter to drag us up the league to safety. Fletch was already in situ, has a contract that has to be honoured, so he's being paid anyway. So in effect, he is a cheap option.

The same seems to be happening with Nanceskevill. I'm sure he's chuffed to bits, but is that the level of coaching ability we're aiming for?

Underwhelming ain't it?

Only time will tell. The price of failure is however, very high.
Back to top Go down

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:04 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Ok, maybe Fletch deserves a chance.

I don't really follow this logic. Why does Fletcher deserve a chance. If that were the case every ageing player deserves a chance to extend his big earning days as a manager.
Fletcher was a Ridsdale accomodation for several reasons .... and he IS on the cheap .... Argyle have to pay his huge wages anyway. And as if that is not enough, room has been made for Romain to complete the Taylor and Clough routine.
It's a joke. Fletcher represents the old guard, the old bad blood. It won't work.... it hasn't worked already.

The manager of a football club is THE most important appointment... it can change a club's fortunes overnight. Fletcher won't change anything. Slow of feet, slow of thought.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:20 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Ok, maybe Fletch deserves a chance.

I don't really follow this logic. Why does Fletcher deserve a chance. If that were the case every ageing player deserves a chance to extend his big earning days as a manager.
Fletcher was a Ridsdale accomodation for several reasons .... and he IS on the cheap .... Argyle have to pay his huge wages anyway. And as if that is not enough, room has been made for Romain to complete the Taylor and Clough routine.
It's a joke. Fletcher represents the old guard, the old bad blood. It won't work.... it hasn't worked already.

The manager of a football club is THE most important appointment... it can change a club's fortunes overnight. Fletcher won't change anything. Slow of feet, slow of thought.

It could be argued that Fletch 'deserves a chance', because (early on) he did manage to oik out some much needed pointage, whilst still saddled with the same bunch of 'players' Reid was losing every week with.

Like I said, I'd much rather we had shown some intent with a Pulis style signing, but austere times remain, so it seems. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 8:34 pm

I'm wondering whether the improvement in Fletch's first 5 games was down to new manager syndrome? Haven't we now lost 3 in a row?
Back to top Go down

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Exactly .... next !
Apart from the miniscule improvement on the worst result sequence in the world of sport under Peter Reid, Fletcher has history at this club that will not allow truth and reconcilliation. Too big for his abilities I'm afraid to say. As for Romain, great long serving player, a real looker, a real flapper as well in goalkeeping terms, but I just don't get his role..... it's an accomodation. Ask yourself, why were we treated to this double act ? It's a political appointment that has nothing to do with performance.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 7:54 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Exactly .... next !
Apart from the miniscule improvement on the worst result sequence in the world of sport under Peter Reid, Fletcher has history at this club that will not allow truth and reconcilliation. Too big for his abilities I'm afraid to say. As for Romain, great long serving player, a real looker, a real flapper as well in goalkeeping terms, but I just don't get his role..... it's an accomodation. Ask yourself, why were we treated to this double act ? It's a political appointment that has nothing to do with performance.

A political role to appease those far too vocal Avivas who unfortunately have the ear of Brent and the Riddler. Brent hasn't got a clue and listens to these buffoons. Us normal fans who don't have a direct communication line with the director and owner can't let it be known we want a proper management team and not this quite frankly clueless pair of 'legends'who the Avivas think 'bleed green'. Relegation is signed, sealed and delivered and there's nothing we can do about it. Same old argo, same old shit.
Back to top Go down

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:57 am

I think your being unduly harsh on Kevin Nancekivell, he's a qualified coach who is well thought of within the club. The quality of some of our young players can't be a coincidence.

I happen to agree about Fletcher though, he might well turn out to be a top level manager or he might not. i just don't think now is the time to find out.
Back to top Go down

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:08 am

I agree, when you're bottom of the FL it's not the time to be trying out new managers, we need someone with a track record of success in a struggle.

I know we have to penny pinch but it's one thing having cut backs and another when you take a punt, this has the word "gamble" written all over it and that's concerning for the future.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:21 am

GOB wrote:
I agree, when you're bottom of the FL it's not the time to be trying out new managers, we need someone with a track record of success in a struggle.

I know we have to penny pinch but it's one thing having cut backs and another when you take a punt, this has the word "gamble" written all over it and that's concerning for the future.

It all depends how concerned the owner is about the football club's status, how much he's prepared to invest and who is giving advice.

If he's listening to Newell Rolling Eyes

On the playing side we are in deep trouble. Little or no experience on the pitch and complete novices running the team. If this club is allowed to drop out of the football league, it will be a monumental disgrace.

Off the pitch, the Trust is taking time out to try to reinvent itself following a mass walk out of officers. So it is left to a group of well intentioned bucket rattlers, to meet with Brent and hatch a plan, or more likely, be told what they must do, to 'help' the club's new owner.

The back slapping and glorification emanating from these people needs to be matched by informed, calculated decision taking.
This has not been a strength of these people in the past.
Remember the 'Trust in Stapes' ? Can't wait for the first cry of 'Trust in James' !

If Brent is as clever as I think he might be, I sincerely hope he is manipulating these guys and not listening to them.
Back to top Go down

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:06 pm

That's the way it will be for a while yet Tring!

Over time the "back slappers" will be whittled down by way of elections and I hate to say it, but we need the "back slappers" to do the donkey work to get the Trust up and running, once that's done they will fall into the roles of insignificance and be replaced with people with genuine values. The only way they can retain control is by ignoring elections and not having them, that maybe fine for Pasoti but it cannot be whitewashed when it comes to the Trust despite a seemingly willingness to delay an election for as long as possible. How long as the Trust been in existence now without the hint of an election?

For now we must accept the Brent way, he is the owner at the end of the day, but in time the Trust will take up a more dominant role and will have a voice that will be listened to. Until then it's Fletcher, Pasoti and Ian Newell and a "hope" we're not sent into the Conference on a penny pinching agenda that would only be slightly better then liquidation as the unelected, armature politicians without any mandate, eat desert and drink claret with Mr Brent.

And we still await a Trust election, until we have one it's firmly placed in the "Pasoti Junta" bracket and a very long.... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

7/28/365 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/28/365   7/28/365 Empty

Back to top Go down

7/28/365
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: