Mock Cuncher
Damon.Lenszner
Dingle
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
greensleeves

Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:56 pm

Damon you old name dropper.Are they really....Keith, Mark, Virginia rarely if ever post on PASOTI or ATD.Never with Edmund,is that the way forward.I dont think it is.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:59 pm

Posting or not posting on either site does not make an independent or subservient PASB member. Keith, Mark and Virginia are on PASB to represent the members of their respective groups. As long as they are talking to them they don't have to post on a messageboard.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:09 pm

Damon.I thought they were representatives of the fan base rather than the minority group which elected/proposed them.As such apart from Jon B and yourself are rather faceless and a waste of time.They never go on any website,they never give any feedback,nor do they participate in discussion.Whats their point.Even Tony Hooper is rather reticent,especially on this forum.What are they afraid of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:11 pm

Is it not possible to fundamentally disagree with someone and still treat them with respect? Is it not possible to fundamentally disagree with someone and sit beside them?
Treating someone with respect and sitting beside them doesn't mean you have sold out.

Responding to JonB .....

If the board's skin is so thin that following a little confrontation from the Trust (an independent fans' body) they withdraw, it doesn't augur well for the future of engagement.

If the PASB didn't exist and the board had stepped back from engagement with the fans independent representatives it would have highlighted the facile nature of engagement that was being offered. As it is they can claim to be continuing engagement whilst doing nothing of the sort.

The whole premise of having an independent representative body (and one which the board claimed to be very willing to work with) at the same time as a PASB, which from its very inception was seriously flawed, was always questionable.

The reality is that the club has not significantly engaged with anyone other than a small coterie. This was demonstrated by the paucity of consultation with either of the fans' organisations over the grand-stand development. You may wish to take on your and the rest of the PASB's responsibility for a lot of this failure (and that is honourable) but it does take two to tango or even engage.

Mr Brent has been open enough to say in various ways - including in the last couple of days - that he has made mistakes and has learnt about owning a football club as he has gone along. I would suggest that he hasn't properly learnt what it is to be a football fan. I would hope that he is man enough to acknowledge his mistakes with the Trust and reopen direct communications.

I agree, Jon, that everyone will have to swallow some pride for this to move on positively. But that has to happen from both sides.

I liked what Mr Brent had to say when he was first in place. There was lots of hope & aspiration that was very promising. My comment from the beginning was that the true test would come when the going got hard. It has recently got hard and I must say it hasn't looked so good.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:22 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Damon.I thought they were representatives of the fan base rather than the minority group which elected/proposed them.As such apart from Jon B and yourself are rather faceless and a waste of time.They never go on any website,they never give any feedback,nor do they participate in discussion.Whats their point.Even Tony Hooper is rather reticent,especially on this forum.What are they afraid of.

Greensleeves - the PASB is made up of three AFT reps, representing the AFT, three supporters groups reps, who represent their members and five 'independents', voted for in the elections. The independents do have their work cut out to genuinely understand the feelings of the fanbase. ATD and Pasoti represent only a small percentage of Argyle fans - 200 voted on the Grandstand vote on Pasoti, maybe a total of 250 between the 2 sites.

The worry for me is that some of the independents, having been elected, feel that they have a mandate to vote as they feel right, rather than as the electorate would want them to vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:29 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
[img][/img]

is this how he wins people over... groping?

Is that Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ?

no idea PD i was just disturbed by how cosy it is.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:39 pm

Hi Knecht,

Re your penultimate para - I agree & in my long winded way (no wonder no one read my stuff!) tried to capture this.

Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Disappointed? - Yes

Surprised? - No

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:50 pm

I'm still none the wiser as to the explanation Jon gave originally.

Obviously Jon can sit with whomever he likes but that photo is an eye-opener when it coincides with Jon's post saying his posting on here has led to questions. Who from?

More than ever I feel like mine and fellow ATD posters support isn't wanted by the club. Might toddle off and buy a United shirt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:52 pm

i havent read any of the posts even though i posted a pic of someone and ian and im doing several things at once for work with the laptop so;;;

in a nutshell

whats going on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:52 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I'm still none the wiser as to the explanation Jon gave originally.

Obviously Jon can sit with whomever he likes but that photo is an eye-opener when it coincides with Jon's post saying his posting on here has led to questions. Who from?

More than ever I feel like mine and fellow ATD posters support isn't wanted by the club. Might toddle off and buy a United shirt.

Support yes. Any suggestion of criticism - toddle off. Wankers.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:54 pm

GOB wrote:
Disappointed? - Yes

Surprised? - No

I'd add to that...

Embarrassing? Certainly.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:54 pm

Jon B,you appear to be talking in a different speak to the normal janner.Could you simplify what you are talking about,and also perhaps answer Damon's two questions.Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:56 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
i havent read any of the posts even though i posted a pic of someone and ian and im doing several things at once for work with the laptop so;;;

in a nutshell

whats going on?

The Herschel space telescope has run out of liquid helium coolant and is fecked and the earth's core is much hotter than first thought.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:56 pm

Jon,

as a matter of interest I was talking to John Demellweek ( ex Trust board member) a few days ago about the Trust and the problems with the club etc. The statements that have annoyed the club were written after we had left the board. We discussed whether we would have allowed the same statements to have been issued when we were on the board. Some of the wording may have been slightly different but we didn't see much wrong with the statements. The fan base was concerned about the situation the club was in and questions needed asking. We were not surprised that the club got annoyed because it was obvious to us before that the club was ( and obviously still is) very sensitive to even minor criticism. The Trust was never going to be right. The club would always say the timing was wrong. When would it be right? If the Trust can't ask awkward questions when the club is bottom of the whole football league, when can it? Fans demand to know why the Trust isn't doing anything or saying anything. They don't see the hours of work going on in the background. They wouldn't know about little meetings or conversations between the club and Trust.

For any club to expect their Trust never to criticise them is frankly ridiculous. Especially a club that has only just escaped relegation out of the football league by the skin of it's teeth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Gert Loinz wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

in a nutshell

whats going on?

The Herschel space telescope has run out of liquid helium coolant and is fecked and the earth's core is much hotter than first thought.

we're fecked then how will superman fix the fault
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:04 pm

Looks like a late night party over at Michael barrymores house
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
PASB was set up by JB but it certainly doesn't feed us. There is a healthy independence of the Board by many of the PASB members - not just those representing AFT.

genuine question Damon but would you ever consider running for a seat on the trust board?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:09 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

Greensleeves - the PASB is made up of three AFT reps, representing the AFT, three supporters groups reps, who represent their members and five 'independents', voted for in the elections. The independents do have their work cut out to genuinely understand the feelings of the fanbase. ATD and Pasoti represent only a small percentage of Argyle fans - 200 voted on the Grandstand vote on Pasoti, maybe a total of 250 between the 2 sites.

The worry for me is that some of the independents, having been elected, feel that they have a mandate to vote as they feel right, rather than as the electorate would want them to vote.

Damon,

your last paragraph also worries me. I've heard one or two things lately that suggest one or two or going with what they want, rather than listening to the fans.
If the only way some members have of gauging what fans want is through the two forums, then that is what they should go with. It may not be the most scientific way of finding out what fans think but it's better than just talking to half a dozen of your mates down the pub or none at all. At least the Trust can survey it's members. How often do you hear that a Mori poll of 100- 200 people say XYZ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:14 pm

Dane. wrote:
Looks like a late night party over at Michael barrymores house

it is a bit camp isnt it?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
PASB was set up by JB but it certainly doesn't feed us. There is a healthy independence of the Board by many of the PASB members - not just those representing AFT.

genuine question Damon but would you ever consider running for a seat on the trust board?

I would never say never.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
[img][/img]

is this how he wins people over... groping?

Is that Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ?

no idea PD i was just disturbed by how cosy it is.

Excuse my ignorance, again, but who is that with Newell? Is it Jon B?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:46 pm

i dont know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Anyone expecting a presidential style flounce?
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:04 am

Whos the guy in the blue Stone Island jumper in the original GOS picture?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rochdale hospitality   Rochdale hospitality - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rochdale hospitality
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next