Freathy
Mock Cuncher
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm in Plymouth today, have nothing to do and live 20 mins walk from Home Park.

On the other hand, I'm stinkingly hungover, have the runs and am aiming to save money for going away next week.

Do I go?

Will we win?

alien
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:37 pm

Help needed asap plz.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Stay at home

We'll get hammered
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:55 pm

Freathy wrote:
Stay at home

We'll get hammered

cheers
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Stay at home

We'll get hammered

cheers

Save yer money. Have the afternoon in bed .........................
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Go but take toilet roll with you
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Don't they realise I've got a bunch of Town-supporting mates? Disappointing.
Back to top Go down

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:21 pm

That didn't last long. The honeymoon is over for the strike breakers.
Commentary highlight from Rowbotham
"Why kick it long and high for two midgets up front ?"
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Back to normal, appearantly Argyle had the best of the first half.
Back to top Go down

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:30 pm

A bit like life then Pete jocolor
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:39 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
That didn't last long. The honeymoon is over for the strike breakers.
Commentary highlight from Rowbotham
"Why kick it long and high for two midgets up front ?"
It was mainly because they're just not capable of anything else.

I ended up going just because it was something to do. The team lacks anything positive and it was pretty hopeless. It was slightly better when they took Feeney off (if he was a horse he would have been put down by now), but the fact is they just aren't very good. Swindon were pretty piss poor themselves, they were a solitary decent passing move followed by a well-taken goal away from being as terrible as Argyle.

Singling out players - Walton was the only one capable of getting the ball down and passing it. Williams and Berry played quite well at fullback and the centre halves didn't do much wrong. Lecointe had no service but showed a few nice touches. Atkinson was terrible, Soukana looked a bit of a donkey (tho his height advantage over the Swindon right back was one of the few areas I thought we could exploit). Hourihane didn't really do much. Cole gives me less confidence than Romain, somehow.

I was surprised to see Fletch not even named as a sub. Is he on an unofficial strike from playing? Thought I'd have seen more murmurings about it but not mentioned. I left and walked home just thankful that I don't go every fortnight like I used to. The product on show isn't League Two football. It is barely even professional football.

It was pretty poor but at least I managed to not soil myself.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks for the report Mock, you are a credit to the site.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:24 pm

seadog wrote:
Thanks for the support Seadog, you are a credit to the site.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:27 pm

No Mock, I insist, you[b][i] are a credit!

When are off to Oz, I fly next Thursday
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Next Tuesday.

I'll be the sunburnt one with the stiffy.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Tip off the customs that I'm on me way. Melbourne?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:42 pm

I don't go anymore partly because I refuse to line the pockets of scum and partly because our 'team' and therefore the 'product' on offer is utter dogshit.

If/when we're relegated out of the football league I do not see this as being 'saved'. Under james "legend" brent there will be f*** all investment in the team and non-league will remain our status for many years to come. We may as well have gone bust as the time it would take to be a league club again really wouldn't be that much different.

Brent - invest in the team or f*** off!! We're SHIT and I'm sick of it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:48 pm

An interesting side show today was Di Canio's dervish like antics in the dug out.He spent the entire afternoon either gesticulating in "mama mia" fashion to the happenings on the pitch or turning around and berating people sat on his own bench for some reason.Pity the Mayflower terrace is closed,he was certainly good wind up material.I actually didn't think the game was that bad,not brilliant but not putrid.Argyle looked pretty solid in the first half,i thought Berry had his best game for the club by a distance,although i'm not sure where he was for goal,be interested to see that later on.Good counter attacking goal for Swindon,which had been threatening for a while-the half an hour after half time seems to be a particularly difficult period for Argyle recently.Desperate need for at least one striker,preferably someone decent in the air-i see Dickinson scored yet again today for Southend-i wonder if Reid would still have been in a job if he'd been allowed to sign him? Getting really urgent now though-5 points adrift,two hard away games to come this week.Not good.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:06 pm

I thought what was on offer today was poor. Okay there were a couple of chances that went begging and a decent Swindon goal but apart from that it was mainly a lot of huffing and puffing. Di Canio was entertaining as was the steady stream of Swindon fans being ejected, especially those that lasted about 2 minutes of the game.

Pete1886 reporting from my garden whilst having a fag.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:20 pm

Greenskin wrote:
An interesting side show today was Di Canio's dervish like antics in the dug out.He spent the entire afternoon either gesticulating in "mama mia" fashion to the happenings on the pitch or turning around and berating people sat on his own bench for some reason.Pity the Mayflower terrace is closed,he was certainly good wind up material.I actually didn't think the game was that bad,not brilliant but not putrid.Argyle looked pretty solid in the first half,i thought Berry had his best game for the club by a distance,although i'm not sure where he was for goal,be interested to see that later on.Good counter attacking goal for Swindon,which had been threatening for a while-the half an hour after half time seems to be a particularly difficult period for Argyle recently.Desperate need for at least one striker,preferably someone decent in the air-i see Dickinson scored yet again today for Southend-i wonder if Reid would still have been in a job if he'd been allowed to sign him? Getting really urgent now though-5 points adrift,two hard away games to come this week.Not good.

Newell said Dickinson had dodgy knees or ankles............... sounds about right lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:24 pm

seadog wrote:

Tis true. MC is ATD. Safe travels my dear old thing.

Back to top Go down

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:35 pm

One striker won't do it.
Four or five players at a season's cost of 500K will do it in this league. Peanuts compared with 3 years ago. Will Brent ok that sort of money ? No reason why he shouldn't, he's saved a couple of million in rescheduling the staff payments for 10 years, probably under the 'football' advice of Ridsdale. While the moneymen decided to sacrifice this season right from the start to save a lot of their bacon, I suspect the new money men would be horrified at falling out of the league.
Two players can make a good team great. Two players can do little with a bad team, but fall under it's weight.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:30 pm

My third attempt to "keep the faith" today. Sorry GS, I thought it was dire, too slow in the thought processes leads to dull unimaginative fare with not an iota of creativity. Men against boys again. Fortunately I'm also heading south to the sun for a month, by the time I get back we'll be well into our winning streak and I'll be able to rejoin as a glory hunter.

I did have the opportunity for a quick word with John Petrie in the pub beforehand. Seems the AGM and election is pencilled in for January now.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:27 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
I did have the opportunity for a quick word with John Petrie in the pub beforehand. Seems the AGM and election is pencilled in for January now.

What a complete and utter joke! A farce.

LOL... and word on the Trust having its own discussion forum?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Argyle - Swindon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Swindon   Argyle - Swindon Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle - Swindon
Page 1 of 1