Lord Tisdale
125+1
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

Safe After Today??? Empty
PostSubject: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:30 am

Just looking at form and fixtures, IF we win at York today, could be be safe?.

A Win would put us 7 Points clear of York (8 if you include goal differance) with York having to Win 3 of their last 4 fixtures to overtake us.
They havent won a game in 16 attempts!

Now Aldershot have Oxford today, if they lose, we will be 8 clear of them, again leaving them to win 3 out of 5 matches to catch us.

That is based on Argyle not getting anymore points if they win today.

Aldershots remaining games : Oxford(h),Port Vale(a),Wycombe(a),Southend(h),Dagenham(h),Rotherham(a)

Yorks remaining games: Plymouth(h),Acrington(h),Northampton(a),Southend(h),Dagenham(a)

My prediction York to finish on maximum 47pts, Aldershot 48 pts

BUT it could go the other way and Argyle lose today and we are back in the poo, but i still think 49 is the bench mark for safety.

Its in our hands, but we should be full of confidance after our recent run.

Looking at our fixtures and form i believe we will finish on Minimum 52pts.

I predict a win at York, draws against Cheltenham,Chesterfield and Rochdale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:52 am

i would say a win here today and it may take another win and another draw or 2 (other results pending) will do it for sure.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 am

Angry of Manchester wrote:
i would say a win here today and it may take another win and another draw or 2 (other results pending) will do it for sure.

You honestly believe York will win 3 out out thier remaining 4 games and Aldershot 4 out of 5?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:11 am

Another 4 points should be enough.

I'm not banking on 3 points today but would be surprised if we lost. We dominated the home fixture in December.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 12:03 pm

125+1 wrote:

You honestly believe York will win 3 out out thier remaining 4 games and Aldershot 4 out of 5?

did you honestly read that post of mine in full?

Besides we are not safe till there are (R) before two teams names on the league table.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 12:17 pm

Somebody at the bottom will go on a run, somebody will will slump, same at the top, you win today and Shots lose, job done imho.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:23 pm

I agree with our wannabe Green.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Iggy wrote:
I agree with our wannabe Green.

Eeeeeeeeeeuw !

I am off up the Dags now but when I get home it is straight into the bath for me, "Green" is just so..................well green.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Agree.

Wins at Chesterfield and Rochdale would be ideal tbh.

I can see Argyle beating either Cheltenham Town or Rotherham United at home.

Argyle can't rest on their laurels just yet though and they are not there yet,but it is ever so close.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:26 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Somebody at the bottom will go on a run, somebody will will slump, same at the top, you win today and Shots lose, job done imho.

Well,Argyle are on a run at the moment. Just hope they can continue it.....
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 3:43 pm

*coughs*
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
*coughs*

Made the right choice, watching Lawrence of Arabia for a bit of escapism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 3:47 pm

It's not easy being Green.......
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Whoops. I think I have jinxed us. Oh well it makes thing's interesting.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 3:51 pm

Even though we've just won 3 on the bounce, we could easily not get another point this season.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:00 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Even though we've just won 3 on the bounce, we could easily not get another point this season.

York , all over us according to BBC 63% POSSESSION AND 10 SHOTS TO 1.

If we do survive, Sheridan does not inspire me at all with his basic finkin. Another couple of wasted seasons in the bottom tier........ but hey, who cares when ur someone on the GT's bus and have a parking space at the club. No

The banker builds his lower league stand then moves on to the next project, leaving the club in the safe hands of his jamboys and their sponsors. Doesn't it just fill you with hope and pride pale

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:26 pm

NO!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

That worries me too. I hope today's defeat does not signal the start to a ''falling apart'' phase.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:01 pm

Squeaky bum time for 8 teams now!

All those predictions of 45 or 46 points could be well short now. I wouldn't like to call it now, thought Argyle had turned the corner at the ideal time but not now.

I wonder if Cobi's still as chuffed as a badger on the bus?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:23 pm

the mighty Fleetwood are coming to get you,,,, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:32 pm

We got stitched up by the fine gentlemen in suits in a farce of an admin. leaving the door open for the 'reluctant' property developer to cash in, using the aspirations of local dimwits as his shield.
He's still getting away with it. The poxy stand will be the end of the club's chances to inspire and become a force for decades to come.
Can't blame him really, it's what he does and Plymouth people are dumb and vain enough to accept it, as long as they feel important.

Very, very sad but very, very predictable.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:42 am

still the turks and us for the drop, whats the odds on that one jock?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:31 am

Is Cresswell going to be enough to turn York around? I am not so sure, shots will probably stay in bottom two, although their form is much improved of late, their game in hand is at Vale on a Tuesday night so a real tough one, I have thought that Barnet and Turks have enough to get out of the mire, Stanley's bubble may have burst, the trouble with all these teams, us included, is that relying on one goal scorer is too easy to work out for other managers, tightest finish for many a year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:32 am

Mapperley, darling wrote:
still the turks and us for the drop, whats the odds on that one jock?

You can get 7-2 on us and Torquay as singles, but some bookies might give you odds on choosing both relegated sides in a double.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The bookies seem to think it's a longshot that anyone other than Aldershot and York will go down, 7-1 for Barnet for example.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safe After Today???   Safe After Today??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Safe After Today???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next