mouldyoldgoat
JonB
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Looks like the Campaign to get the whole shebang derailed will become a reality.

And it fu*king well needs to.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Firstly i cannot see what all the fuss is!

1. the ground is finally completed
2. 18000 capacity! when was the last time we filled that, even when we were in the championship, the first season yes but there was soon a stedy decline to an average of 13k.
3. The horseshoe CAN be extended it was built and designed that way,have a look at the original plans for that one.
4. We are barely a league 2 side, we dont need 25k capacity
5. Going forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. Dream on if you think a sugar daddy is going to buy us out.
7. as above
8. All i see is Brent out, Who the hell wants to own a loss making L2 side who dont even own thier own ground!. See 6 and 7

We are stuck with Brent for a while yet, and although he's not gonna pump in millions, IF we stay up, our budget for next season has already been confirmed as bigger as some of the payments to former players end. Also if Sheridan stays im sure he could put together a decent squad to challenge at the top.

Im not thinking small time im being realistic, some people need a reality check
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Person Of Interest wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

No problem. The parallels with Exeter City and Borussia Dortmund are uncanny aren't they....

>>>>>>Sniggers<<<<<< geek

I had a swift snigger myself, I was already halfway there though after I read the righteous indignation expressed by some who feel it would be a slight if the new stand didn't hold a minimum of 8k.

8k ?

That would leave you an average of 1500 empty green plastic seats in that one stand per game, not to mention 13,000 empty green plastic seats in the rest of your council paid for ground which itself surrounds on three sides the pitch you never paid for at all.

Beggars belief innit ?

When you put it like that Tissers, it just shows how astutely we've been run this century...all that free stuff, magic.

Edit to add : And more free stuff still to come...yippee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:29 pm

What a condescending post!!!! i feel this aviva in training needs his own reality check if he truly believes what he wrote and yes it is small time thinking have a bit of ambition for the future otherwise why should future fans.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:36 pm

Angry of Manchester wrote:
What a condescending post!!!! i feel this aviva in training needs his own reality check if he truly believes what he wrote and yes it is small time thinking have a bit of ambition for the future otherwise why should future fans.

Because of over AMBITION we are a broke league 2 club in rented accomadation!

Oh have you just discovered the word condescending, or is that your word of the day (ref other threads)

Last edited by 125+1 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:38 pm

125+1 wrote:

and will still be under Brent because nothing he is building now will benefit the club whatsoever just him and him alone. The only thing that he is building for the club is a cheap stand that will look stupid and is actually smalled than the grandstand is now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Feck right off Brent, i will oppose these plans with every fibre in my body
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:59 pm

125+1 wrote:

Oh have you just discovered the word condescending, or is that your word of the day (ref other threads)

Because of Brent we are in rented accommodation, do you remember him selling the ground to the council and then using the money to buy the car park? I believe it is now owned by his pension fund. We have been asset stripped by him, period. Yes we are stuck with him but he is in it for himself so get your tongue out of his arse and wake up boy, he is going to have to work hard to repay what he is taking from the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:01 pm

125+1 wrote:

no todays words are

OOOH AAHH CANTONA!!!!

Prick thats tomorrows word dedicated to you Smile
Back to top Go down
david_fisher

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Just back from the Theatre Royal.

The second tier would be better described as a shelf - about 3 rows of seats totalling 1,000.

And it looks really naff!!

The total capacity of the new stand is now 4,800 so with 12,600 in the horseshoe minus the segregation areas we're still talking less than 17,000 useable seats.

Plenty at the moment but it doesn't show any ambition if by some miracle we become a proper football club again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:05 pm

So how many turned up for the Torquay game last season when Argyle were bottom of League 2? Around 11-12k I think it was, at the bottom of League 2.

So if Brent is the man that the superfans say he is, then he will be providing the funds, dare I say a competetive budget Razz for next season, in order to facilitate promotion in the not too distant future.

If 12k can turn up for a bottom of the table clash then you can add a few thousand on to that if Argyle are pushing for promotion.

So then League 1 football in a year or two? Why not, Brent's the man remember?

So a couple of years in League 1 before pushing for promotion and getting crowds of 15k? Is that wildly optimistic?

So in around 4 or 5 years time if Brent is the man you're looking at Championship football again where the away sides tend to bring more than a minibus load like they do now and it means entry into the FA Cup at the same time as the United's, Arsenal's etc and with segregation the actual capacity of the ground will be around 16k.

Good luck getting your tickets for the big games forever more guys!

This will be the only developing of Home Park for ever now. With everything else being built around the ground there will be no way that it could be re-developed to increase capacity. All this talk of adding extra seats to the Lyndhurst End is bollocks. It won't happen and everyone knows that.

Also the iconic Mayflower End Turnstiles have no place in the new development, they are set to be demolished, leaving Argyle with a bland small time stadium for ever more.

And we're all mental cases, freaks and weirdo's on ATD doubting Brent and not going along with Newell and Webbs view of Brent, because they've looked him in the eyes. Should've gone to bloody Specsavers you two.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Greenjock wrote:
So how many turned up for the Torquay game last season when Argyle were bottom of League 2? Around 11-12k I think it was, at the bottom of League 2.

So if Brent is the man that the superfans say he is, then he will be providing the funds, dare I say a competetive budget Razz for next season, in order to facilitate promotion in the not too distant future.

If 12k can turn up for a bottom of the table clash then you can add a few thousand on to that if Argyle are pushing for promotion.

So a couple of years in League 1 before pushing for promotion and getting crowds of 15k? Is that wildly optimistic?

So in around 4 or 5 years time if Brent is the man you're looking at Championship football again where the away sides tend to bring more than a minibus load like they do now and it means entry into the FA Cup at the same time as the United's, Arsenal's etc and with segregation the actual capacity of the ground will be around 16k.

This will be the only developing of Home Park for ever now. With everything else being built around the ground there will be no way that it could be re-developed to increase capacity. All this talk of adding extra seats to the Lyndhurst End is bollocks. It won't happen and everyone knows that.

Also the iconic Mayflower End Turnstiles have no place in the new development, they are set to be demolished, leaving Argyle with a bland small time stadium for ever more.

And we're all mental cases, freaks and weirdo's on ATD doubting Brent and not going along with Newell and Webbs view of Brent, because they've looked him in the eyes. Should've gone to bloody Specsavers you two.

What was the average attendance of the 5 years in the Championship? I bet its under 17k, and that was with a promotion push.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:13 pm

125+1 wrote:

no todays words are

OOOH AAHH CANTONA!!!!

Prick thats tomorrows word dedicated to you Smile

Your right Cantana was a prick
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:14 pm

Iggy wrote:
125+1 wrote:

Because of Brent we are in rented accommodation, do you remember him selling the ground to the council and then using the money to buy the car park? I believe it is now owned by his pension fund. We have been asset stripped by him, period. Yes we are stuck with him but he is in it for himself so get your tongue out of his arse and wake up boy, he is going to have to work hard to repay what he is taking from the club.

Do you not remember 17 million debts and a real threat of liquidation!.

Very Bizzare how a majority of people moaning wanted liquidation and a fan run club, with 1500 people turning up on a saturday in the 10th tier of the football pyramid, with no money, no ground,no atmophere and no chance of league football for 10 years.

What we have is not great, and the development is not great, but its adequate.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:21 pm

I would have something to say about the 'new' stand but Pointless is on. Which I suppose is the word I might use to describe the new new stand.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:23 pm

125+1 wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

What was the average attendance of the 5 years in the Championship? I bet its under 17k, and that was with a promotion push.

Can you please supply me with the following answers to a couple of relatively simple questions.

a.What were the average attendances of Hull City,Reading,Wigan,Cardiff,Swnasea and Brighton before they moved to their new stadia,all of which exceed the modest capacity proposedby Mr Brent?;

b.Did the average attendances of those clubs over a period of,for arguments sake, 30 years surpass those of Plymouth Argyle and if so,why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:27 pm

125+1 wrote:
Iggy wrote:
125+1 wrote:

Do you not remember 17 million debts and a real threat of liquidation!.

Very Bizzare how a majority of people moaning wanted liquidation and a fan run club, with 1500 people turning up on a saturday in the 10th tier of the football pyramid, with no money, no ground,no atmophere and no chance of league football for 10 years.

What we have is not great, and the development is not great, but its adequate.

It's not adequate at all, it's crap and you know it. It is the last chance to develop the ground and have ambitions and Brent has stuck two fingers up to the fans and will make millions out of the redevelopment of Higher Home Park and the Pavillions.

What's also crap is the talk of £17 million in debts because Brent spent nearer £17 than £17 million. Anyone of a suspicious nature might think that you're Peter Jones with another account on a forum Suspect

These plans mean Argyle will lag behind other ambitious sides for years to come. Go into League 1 and do well and sorry but the full house signs will come out. Small town mentality once again and I can't believe people are trying to defend it! Try getting Brent to scale down the Ice Rink or cinema? Won't be happening I guarantee you.

James Brent is no better than Heaney, in fact Heaney was actually ambitious for Truro City and would have probably taken this opportunity to make the stadium 25k capacity, even if it was with someone elses money.

Great post on Pasoti by EJH:

Honourable man the utter irony!

If Ridsdale or Heaney came in, and totally blanked, disengaged and discredited the Trust, for no apparent reason
Oversaw dozes more redundancies at the club, no explanation
Sat on increasing debt, refused to publish accounts
Projected club finances on awful unrealistic ST predictions
Went around trying to flog our big earning, most important senior players in January
Then tried to enforce this non league Grandstand on the club whilst openly interested in making tens of millions in other development projects

Again, think of Ridsdale and Heaney doing that in a calendar year, they'd be strung up, reviled and despised, and chased out of the club.

But make that figure soft spoken, and let him have an inner circle with a few Internet figures, and they bend over backwards to paint him as Jesus, and support his anti trust, poxy stand multi million making development agenda.

What has JB done to make everyone dote on his 'honour' in spite of the actual things he has said and done? Where is the honour in clearly only bring here to use the club in making a fortune.

If he cared about this club so much, he wouldn't keep getting this Mayflower issue spectacularly wrong. Stapleton wouldn't have entertained a 4,000 redevelopment because it wouldn't have suited the club's Championship or higher ambitions - so what exactly is Brent's vision for this club? It's genuinely frightening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Greensonscreen has some photos now:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Lets face facts here

JAMES BRENT doesnt give two shits about this club. Never has never will he would be the product of a unholy union of dam maccauley and kevin heaney,

He openly admitted he didnt actually want to buy the club from the off when the club was for sale and was a reluctant bidder he bought the club wiht only development in mind nothing more. All this talk that he cares about the club and his lip queevers when we lose is utter crap as far as i am concerned.

Its sad its taken a insulting new stand proposal to wake the masses up to what his true intentions are and where. As soon as the development is complete you can beat your pensions he will sell the club too anyone who wants it.

PS

those plans ive just seen are no different to what was released just a better drawing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Greensonscreen has some photos now:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If thats a hotel i dont think there will be many takers to stay there. Looks horrid.

and the stadium looks tiny next to all four proposed buildings. Naturally of course and this alone should shut the few but faithfully brenties that the new stand could be extended because this proves it cant. Which is way it needs to be built to 8000 minimum so its ready and waiting if the club ever does go up the leagues.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:12 pm

So it is a cut & shut job then, what a wank*r, 17k? Where do I sign for opposition to the road!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:14 pm

I doubt the council will oppose the plans as the Wanker clearly has them in his pocket
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:30 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
I doubt the council will oppose the plans as the Wanker clearly has them in his pocket

Tudor Evans would never do it....for pasties he could but for this no.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Good luck getting your tickets for the big games forever more guys!.

Heh heh heh, nice one Jockular, and when exactly was the last time anyone had trouble getting a ticket at the Gnome Drome with your current capacity ?

ps. That game, the Turks brought two and a half thousand, most of your visitors next season in the Blue Square will struggle to bring two and a half car loads.

Last edited by Lord Tisdale on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Not long back from the Theatre Royal event.

I've got to go out in a short while so some brief comments....

First the shocking fact I was told by the Akkeron rep there, with whom I had a reasonably long conversation. He was adamant that the other three sides CANNOT easily be extended to any marked degree. They have been in discussion with the builders of those areas (Barr ????) and they have confirmed that they cannot have extensions "clipped on" so to speak. Any wish to develop those areas in future would be a substantial job. We discussed the reality that if, in future, we needed to develop the ground, the best option would be to take down, for example, the Devonport End & build a substantial stand there. That would make sense.

He was definite that, following fans' feedback earlier in the week, the new stand will be two tier. That will extend the capacity by 1,000 though it would also lose a couple of hundred lower down (I think).

As David says above, that means the capacity of the new stand will be 4,800. It would not be capable of being extended further in future.

The possibility of extending the capacity in the short term would probably be at the back of the present horseshoe. If I understood him correctly, that would involve putting seating into the structure on the "outside" of the stand that forms the balance to the cantilever. This could provide, I think, 2,000 to 2,500 extra seats.

The rest of the development looks good and provides all the things you would expect in a modern football club.

I couldn't work out the size of the road that will take vehicles behind the Barn Park. It appeared to provide facility to drop off away fans. The Club rep who was there stated it would not be used to park - just for turning and dropping off.

The design of the Garden of Remembrance behind the Barn Park seemed to be still up for suggestion. One consideration appeared to be possibly putting the emblematic turnstiles there. However, it is believed that they are in a fragile state and may not allow for demolition and removal.

I would advise anyone going tomorrow to take along someone who can easily read architect's drawings. I'd also advise taking along kneeling pads if you are old & decrepit (not a youngster like me Very Happy ) as a number of the drawings are at a low level and in a cramped corner of the main foyer. It was very busy!

Various representatives of the PASB were there and plotting furiously. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update   The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Grandstand plans - a PAS Board update
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next