VillageGreen
akagreengull
Dane
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

So where do we go now ?  Empty
PostSubject: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:03 am

The fan base is completely split! The owner doesn't want anything to do with the fans trust. And the football team remains in the bottom 2 of the football league.

Surely the fans can only hit Brent where it hurts, in his pocket !! The trust should start a campaign encouraging supporters not to renew season tickets until Brent opens up a satisfactory dialogue with them.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:19 am

We may still be relegated, in reality the good win yesterday was a battle won in the war against the drop, so if we are : the crowds will definitely drop anyway. In the current economic climate I can only see a lot of people passing on renewing a season ticket for even lower league football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 am

That's what should happen but too many people will want to see a game so the protest would go unnoticed.

If I were on the Trust board I would take out a full page ad in the Herald urging fans to protest by not attending a game, or something similar. It's the only thing that would make Brent sit up and take notice.

If fans don't want to miss a game then maybe a symbolic gesture such as turning your back on the game for a set period and advertise it everywhere beforehand. It might get picked up by the press as well. If two thousand people turned their back on the game it would make a point and get the situation brought to the attention of a much wider audience.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:35 am

I'm not saying dont trend the games. But don't give your money up front to sit in Brent's account gathering interest for him to put towards pavilions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:41 am

Remind me, what was it that Newell organised on pasoti against the Administrators? - I bet Brent's glad he managed to persuade Newell to take the silver.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:06 pm

akagreengull wrote:
We may still be relegated, in reality the good win yesterday was a battle won in the war against the drop, so if we are : the crowds will definitely drop anyway. In the current economic climate I can only see a lot of people passing on renewing a season ticket for even lower league football.

Too true and with the games we have coming up,a betting person would definitely put money on Argyle going down to the dreaded graveyard that is the BSP.

Brent needs to come out and say what his plans are if relegation does indeed happen.

Firstly,he would have to say whether Sheridan will be the Manager of the team in the BSP.

Secondly,he would have to assure the fans that a full attempt would be made to get out of the BSP at the first crack.

Thirdly,he would have to reveal the budget for said season in the BSP and what the charges of entry in to Home Park would be for the 2013-2014 season.

I would imagine that the crowds would stay the same for awhile if Argyle were in the BSP,coupled with a healthy away following,but that will not last long,especially if Argyle end up being stuck in the BSP along with various other ex-League clubs for an eternity.

If by some miracle Argyle retain their League status,then all the above would be applied for that situation.

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:48 pm

There is no contingency budget for relegation we were told yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Might not be a lot of season ticket holders either! Going by the fans I was talking to yesterday.The BSP is a step too far for a lot of fans.
Back to top Go down
MickyD

MickyD

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Damon, can I ask if what I wrote on Pasoti last night seems feasible?

"One thing puzzles me, though: maybe I've missed something in all this internecine politicking, and maybe I'm just being naive, but I understood from a CW post that the Trust pretty much "owns" PASB, so what purpose is served by cutting off contact with peope wearing their Trust hats while still communicating with largely the same group of people wearing their PASB hats? Maybe to force the Trust to disband then somehow wangle a more docile PASB membership? I dunno."
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:19 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Too true and with the games we have coming up,a betting person would definitely put money on Argyle going down to the dreaded graveyard that is the BSP.

Brent needs to come out and say what his plans are if relegation does indeed happen.

Firstly,he would have to say whether Sheridan will be the Manager of the team in the BSP.

Secondly,he would have to assure the fans that a full attempt would be made to get out of the BSP at the first crack.

Thirdly,he would have to reveal the budget for said season in the BSP and what the charges of entry in to Home Park would be for the 2013-2014 season.

I would imagine that the crowds would stay the same for awhile if Argyle were in the BSP,coupled with a healthy away following,but that will not last long,especially if Argyle end up being stuck in the BSP along with various other ex-League clubs for an eternity.

If by some miracle Argyle retain their League status,then all the above would be applied for that situation.

All the above comments are perfectly valid, but if we had a responsible owner who WAS IN TOUCH with the fans these things would be a priority, but I genuinely believe we have an owner who has a vested interest in non Argyle investments to further his business empire.
For example the recent deafening silence coming out of H.P. and his response to the fans trust statement is indicative of his true committment to making this a successful club. In short he does'nt give a shit and if the worst happens, the only way for a quick return to league 2 would be a rebuiding strategy and funding in place from the final whistle of the final game of this season. But I have no faith that it will be that way. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:24 pm

Micky - IMHO the PASB was formed because the Club Board did not like/respect/trust the people running the Trust. I believe there was a genuine belief that in creating the PASB the Trust's influence would be diluted by the inclusion of other supporters groups and elected independents so yes I agree with your statement.

Ironically enough it was Chris Webb's suggestion at a Trust meeting that the Trust swamp the elections with candidates who were Trust members. This being done PASB is now, if not controlled by then certainly influenced by, members of the Trust.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:31 pm

Damon, you should all stay on the PASB. Don't give the club the satisfaction of walking out.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:26 pm

Was Christ Webb present at the meeting with the board? Just wondered what his take on it all was.

I did tx him last night after a rare few beers for me, but I don't think he likes being addressed as Greenman by anyone outside the inner sanctum. I'll just address him as lying cnut again from now on.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:56 pm

The Trust must not campaign against getting a Season Ticket or support a boycott of games. Not unless it wants to cut its own throat but there is no reason at all why it cannot fulfill its remit as a representative body for supporters and ask questions that it feels need to be asked.

What is most vital is that those questions are reasonable and balanced.

Brent has obviously been anti-Trust ever since he took control of the club but there is no reason at all that the Trust has to be anti-Brent. That is exactly what he would like. And it is exactly the tactic that must not be deployed under any circumstances.

Let him be the unreasonable one who paints himself into a corner. Well more than he has already.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:22 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
The Trust must not campaign against getting a Season Ticket or support a boycott of games. Not unless it wants to cut its own throat but there is no reason at all why it cannot fulfill its remit as a representative body for supporters and ask questions that it feels need to be asked.
Agree, that would be a way too controversial call at this stage.

I'd suggest a continual Hans Litten style probing of the hypocrisies and filth we're being served up as customers/fans.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

What is most vital is that those questions are reasonable and balanced.

Brent has obviously been anti-Trust ever since he took control of the club but there is no reason at all that the Trust has to be anti-Brent. That is exactly what he would like. And it is exactly the tactic that must not be deployed under any circumstances.

Let him be the unreasonable one who paints himself into a corner. Well more than he has already.
Absolutely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:00 pm

So Brent identifies the trust and it's leader as the vehicle to help him gain control of the club and the trust are used as a threat to deter any other potential bidders.

As soon as he gets what he wants from the trust, he lures the trust leader with a title and a few kind words about what a fantastic person he is, Webb feels like he's had his cock sucked so can't wait to leave his principals behind, asks if his friend can play as well, and hey presto Brent has the trust by the balls because it's popular leader is now onside and so everything he says is pro-brent.

This means a large proportion of the fans are under the impression that everything's hunky dory at the club, because the men who saved the club are saying so. This is the only reason that clueless Carl Fletcher is allowed to carry on so long clearly out of his depth without mass demonstrations. All it takes is Mr President to release a statement saying wait until Griffiths is up to speed, wait until Lowry is fit, wait until the transfer window is open, wait until the loan window is open, when 5000 memberships have been sold a new striker could be brought in.

That's the super optimistic President in public, but unbeknownst to his faithful followers, Mr President and his close circle of mates are undermining the trust because it's what James wants.

The PASB wasn't James Brent's idea. James Brent knew the trust was the only body that could command the support of several thousand people quickly. Somebody else has come up with the specifics of the PASB, James Brent has decided he wants the trust diluted or made toothless. If Chris Webb loved the trust so much he wouldn't have had anything to do with these accounts attacking the trustand would have queried why another fans representative body was needed? What is the point?

So Webb et al have done Brent's bidding and fragmented the support he once orgasmed over the togetherness of.

Brent doesn't want a fans representative board that challenges or questions his every move. Why the feck would he? He wants a compliant fanbase which is happy to hand over their ticket money every week and is under the impression that the club is in great hands. Webb and Newell are the well known faces who will ensure that this is the picture painted to the fans.

Joining the anti-trust vibe, Newell tells everyone a year ago he wasn't renewing his membership and surprise surprise deepthroat, Windsor boy, deadly nightshade and all the other Pasoti mod backed accounts jump in with their doc martens on. The rest is history.

This vibe is carried on by countless poodles who will do whatever Webb and Newell ask of them. Ex trust board members stick the knife in and Peter Jones gets access to another account on Pasoti he can lay into trust board members. Then Andy Symons being co-opted onto the board is used as the next stick to beat the trust with. Newell and Posteysaying they are having nothing more to do with the trust, but this time their bestest buddy the president doesn't respond telling them not to be hasty, not to turn their back on the trust, like he did last year whilst plotting against it in secret. This time Mr President says nothing which is enough to give the fans the impression that he no longer supports the trust anymore. Job done.

I hope Webb, wozzer, Postey and Jameson, such supporters of the trust, ex board members who have all been instrumental in what has happened to the trust recently are proud of their roles. I think they should have a special avatar on Pasoti to show that they have succeeded in carrying out Mr Brents orders.. We saved the club and we fecked the trust over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go now ?    So where do we go now ?  Empty

Back to top Go down

So where do we go now ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: