Freathy
akagreengull
Tringreen
Czarcasm
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

The 'Who the Fack is Edgar Davids' Barnet Match Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'Who the Fack is Edgar Davids' Barnet Match Thread   The 'Who the Fack is Edgar Davids' Barnet Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:47 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Good game today and quite an enjoyable afternoon for a change.Decent performance from Argyle,i think Barnet scored with their first attack,encouraging to see Argyle bounce back from that setback,superb strike from Hourihane after a good set up from the much maligned Reid.Murray finished well after a bit of scramble in which Argyle should have scored anyway,reasonably comfortable after that,although Cole made an excellent near post save with 10 minutes to go.Excellent performances from Bhasera and Hourihane,Guerierri did OK,Murray had probably his best game for Argyle so far.Credit to Barnet,they didn't resort to clogging or hoofing and kept trying to play football,Davids still very fit and as strong as an ox,educated left foot as well.Match was well officiated on the whole.don't think there were any yellow cards today.Long way to go though but 12 points from 8 games and 2 defeats under Shezza,shame he wasn't appointed in about October.

Indeed,but still in the shit though despite today's victory..

This month looks bad on paper what with the sides Argyle have to play. Bradford,Fleetwood and Exeter at home will be very tough cookies to break down. And if they get anything at Gillingham,Southend and Chesterfield,that would be a bonus [but not counting on that].

March will be a telling month that's for sure. At best i can only see 4/5 points from a possible 18 to play for,which is not really enough.

I still think were fecked.
Have to play Gillingham away who have not been playing that well recently but top of the League, whats the bet they find their form again against a struggling Argyle?!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The 'Who the Fack is Edgar Davids' Barnet Match Thread   The 'Who the Fack is Edgar Davids' Barnet Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:49 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Good game today and quite an enjoyable afternoon for a change.Decent performance from Argyle,i think Barnet scored with their first attack,encouraging to see Argyle bounce back from that setback,superb strike from Hourihane after a good set up from the much maligned Reid.Murray finished well after a bit of scramble in which Argyle should have scored anyway,reasonably comfortable after that,although Cole made an excellent near post save with 10 minutes to go.Excellent performances from Bhasera and Hourihane,Guerierri did OK,Murray had probably his best game for Argyle so far.Credit to Barnet,they didn't resort to clogging or hoofing and kept trying to play football,Davids still very fit and as strong as an ox,educated left foot as well.Match was well officiated on the whole.don't think there were any yellow cards today.Long way to go though but 12 points from 8 games and 2 defeats under Shezza,shame he wasn't appointed in about October.

Indeed,but still in the shit though despite today's victory..

This month looks bad on paper what with the sides Argyle have to play. Bradford,Fleetwood and Exeter at home will be very tough cookies to break down. And if they get anything at Gillingham,Southend and Chesterfield,that would be a bonus [but not counting on that].

March will be a telling month that's for sure. At best i can only see 4/5 points from a possible 18 to play for,which is not really enough.

Agreed,Argyle are still deep in the cack,no doubt about it.They need at least 4 wins from the remaining 11 games for a chance of survival,but having said that,i'm not sure that playing promotion chasing teams at this stage of the season is entirely a bad thing.Those teams will also be under pressure to get results and often the form book is upside down at this time of year.Argyle obtained good results against Shrewsbury,Oxford and Aldershot towards the end of last season-all 3 were promotion chasers,so all is not lost notwithstanding the tough on paper run in.We shall see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Who the Fack is Edgar Davids' Barnet Match Thread   The 'Who the Fack is Edgar Davids' Barnet Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:41 pm

Freathy wrote:
Pitbull wrote:
Edgar Davids was brilliant, absolutely brilliant, that's a midfielder.

At 39 this must be his last playing season I'd have thought. But world class is world class and even at 39 it doesn't completely desert you.

He played 90 minutes in a high tempo game. I'd be surprised if he retired this season. He lost the ball a few times and made a few stray passes near the end but he was head and shoulders above most of the other players on the pitch.

We did well today. 8,000+ on the gate - maybe 100 away fans. We won for once in front of a big-ish crowd. Hourihane and Bhasera were both very good today, Cole was decent and we played well. Barnet were a very good passing side. I enjoyed it. I watched Stoke play Fulham on tv the other day and the game today was miles more engaging.

Well done boys.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: The 'Who the Fack is Edgar Davids' Barnet Match Thread   The 'Who the Fack is Edgar Davids' Barnet Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:46 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Edgar Davids was brilliant, absolutely brilliant

No he wasnt

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Who the Fack is Edgar Davids' Barnet Match Thread   The 'Who the Fack is Edgar Davids' Barnet Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:07 am

I didn't think he was brilliant either but he was decent. Would like him in my side at this level. We have had a few old heads in our time who have been a bit classey and I would put him in that sort of category. Hourihane played well against him today though and probably one of the best matches I've seen him have in a long time. The problem we have though is we give a performance like today in one match and then somehow a different set of players turn up for the next one. If we played as well as today throughout we would not be deep in the cack I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'Who the Fack is Edgar Davids' Barnet Match Thread   The 'Who the Fack is Edgar Davids' Barnet Match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'Who the Fack is Edgar Davids' Barnet Match Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3