Tringreen
Jethro
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Oscar Pistorius thread Empty
PostSubject: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Should we really be making jokes at that womans expense and the guys disability even in the circumstances.
taking things a little too far in my eyes.
just wondering what the mods thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Whilst I am not a mod......I heard a few of these very mild jokes at work today and I also heard a mild one on the radio, that would indicate to me that society is generally accepting of this type of mild joke and, if it's acceptable in society then it should be acceptable on ATD.

It's not a general mocking of the disabled, it's a single mocking of a possible murderer. There's a world of difference.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:00 pm

don't get me wrong I like a joke and can take alot aimed at me cause if I didnt laugh at myself i'd be dead but i just think this has been taken a little too far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:08 pm

best one i heard was the you cant out run the law in south africa as oscar found out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Jimmy Savile jokes were deemed ok though?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:38 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Exactly. A joke is a joke and I tell paedophile jokes, jokes about the latest celebrity to have died etc and it means nothing.

I have first hand knowledge of disability and the illness I have has made me pretty immobile myself now. I need crutches to walk and my mobility is getting worse.

I posted the poem about Oscar pretorious on Facebook earlier and my partners father who has cerebral palsy was the first one to lol at it.

Tony Hooper made a complete tw@t of himself on Pasoti with this kind of thing, let's not be in his gang.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:06 pm

oscar hasnt got a leg to stand on after being charged with murder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:03 pm

After reading some of the above I think Oscar jokes should be banned on quality grounds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:14 am

Yea Man wrote:

winner of an ATD award aswell lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:39 pm

He's guilty. He wrote a valentines day card for his girlfriend and the police found it.

Roses are red,
Violets are glorious,
Never creep up
On Oscar Pistorius.

His defence won't stand up in court, he hasn't got a leg to stand on and his solicitor is stumped as to how to get his client an innocent verdict.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:45 pm

So relieved they found this evidence to clear Oscar.....................they found footprints outside......... sorry !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 1:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this is a legit advert aswell awarkard lol
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:07 am

Oscar's lawyer has said that they'll use a lack of visibility defence in his trial.

Apparently he couldn't see two feet in front of him.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:21 am

Rich famous black man shoots white woman, it will probably play out the same way in any country.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:55 am

In the telegraph today there was apparently a blood stained cricket bat at the scene. Also two stumps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:58 am

I wonder how long it will be before Hooper and his Toadies start squealing about this thread on Pasoti?!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:35 pm

Great tweet from Frankie Boyle.

"The tragedy is that if Oscar Pistorius had no arms, this would never have happened"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Greenjock wrote:

"The tragedy is that if Oscar Pistorius had no arms, this would never have happened"

SA police have found evidence that completely exonerates Oscar Pistorious of all blame ...................................... footprints! albino
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:56 pm

who the feck is that? never heard of him/her
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:57 pm

and why is this thread in this forum?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Because the initial thread was a complaint about the jokes but it got turned into a jokefest.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Is he for real ?

Google Jessica Cox.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Enemy Of The State wrote:
SA police have found evidence that completely exonerates Oscar Pistorious of all blame ...................................... footprints! albino

Heh heh.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Because the initial thread was a complaint about the jokes but it got turned into a jokefest.

nice to see my complaint has been taken seriously Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oscar Pistorius thread   Oscar Pistorius thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Oscar Pistorius thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next