Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cameron, we only want some immigrants!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Cameron, we only want some immigrants! Empty
PostSubject: Cameron, we only want some immigrants!   Cameron, we only want some immigrants! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:35 am

So David Cameron is touting for immigrants in India, but making advertisements to put off Bulgarian and Romanian immigrants?

Indian students = good, eastern European students = bad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Cameron, we only want some immigrants!   Cameron, we only want some immigrants! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:41 am

The whole 'hard on immigration' thing that Cameron is trying to pull off is all for show. He has no intention of limiting immigration, and no intention of leaving the EU. The big businesses that fund his party wouldn't stand for it (the same goes for Labour). He's just shi**ing himself because of the fear UKIP are going to steal Tory votes, and so is trying to con the electorate into thinking they 'might' leave the EU if the Tories get back in.

You'd have to be pretty gullible to believe what Cameron says, but then a lot of people who voted for him are presumably either pretty gullible, pretty stupid, or rich enough for the Tories policies to be of benefit to them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Cameron, we only want some immigrants!   Cameron, we only want some immigrants! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:20 pm

By definition then if you believe everything Milliband says you aren't guilible?

Two parts of my life history. First when I started out in family life and saved hard to buy a home. Under Labour I paid 15% on my mortgage and this continued throughout the 70's until that mad woman Maggie got into power. My money increased and my mortgage rate got a lot less.

Second part is the now. Having paid off my mortgage and managed to squirrel away a nest egg I now get virtually no interest on any of it reducing my money weekly. Who was in power that led to that? Labour.

This is not a party political broadcast on behalf of the Conservative party. It is a true statement of my finances then and now. Personally I don't get taken in by any of them but everytime the colour Red comes to power somehow I'm a lot worse off in the end. The very thought that any of them champion the little people is a wee bit hard to believe from where I'm standing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cameron, we only want some immigrants!   Cameron, we only want some immigrants! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:02 pm

I guess we could all share stories about how better or worse off we were/are under different political party's, and why we all support whichever side of the coin, my father was a working class miner for most of his life and was a staunch Tory!

This story just caught my eye because there have been all the scare stories about millions of Bulgarians and Romanians who will be flooding to Britain next year, and how the Tories are producing advertisements that show Britain in a bad light to try and deter them coming, and now Cameron is touting for Indian immigrants.

In all honesty I'm disappointed with all of them these days. I understand that there needs to be a tightening of belts now following the financial crises of the last few years, but to see that millionaires are now £105,000 a year better off under Cameron, who along with George Osborne is extremely wealthy and from a long line of extremely wealthy people, sticks in the craw a little.

If they had been fair and made every section of society contribute to the recovery equally, in relative terms, then it would have been easier to understand, but to be hitting genuinely struggling families hard and laughing about it in the House of Commons shows how little these people know about ordinary Britons and ordinary lives.

The cuts forced on the Foods Standards Agency are almost certainly the major factor in the horsemeat getting into the country in such large amounts and for such a long time. I personally have no problem with eating horse, but it's what other checks have not been taking place in Romania or wherever it originates from that worries me.

If it is costing money to ensure hygiene is up to scratch, then that will have been disregarded at source. So I don't mind having a horse burger or whatever, but I'm not so sure I would want to be eating horsemeat that has laid uncovered for days, or has been handled by people who aren't washing their hands etc.

Cutting corners in the wrong places is only going to lead to trouble and lots of it.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Cameron, we only want some immigrants!   Cameron, we only want some immigrants! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:28 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
By definition then if you believe everything Milliband says you aren't guilible?

Not quite sure how you've managed to conclude that!

Tories and Labour are pretty much the same these days (as I mention in my post). Labour had 12 years to control immigration if they had wanted to, and they showed that they had absolutely no inclination of doing so.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Cameron, we only want some immigrants!   Cameron, we only want some immigrants! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:38 pm

Greenjock wrote:
. I understand that there needs to be a tightening of belts now following the financial crises of the last few years,

Trouble is the belts that are being tightened are already the tightest.

The £385 billion which has been slipped into the back pockets of the Bankers for no return in terms of economic activity could just as easily have been saved by making the financial wizards face some jeopardy, maybe a little of it could have been used to make life a little easier for those in society who really have to struggle every day especially when the weather is as cold as it is, that money would have gone directly into the real economy and provided a boost to many companies currently struggling to keep their heads above water.

Immigration is the shibboleth of post modern economics, this idea that all factors have to constantly increase to generate growth creating some sort of panacea is so flawed but no one will speak of that as long as corporate profitability continues to rise based almost entirely on the reduction in wages and conditions for the 'working man'.

GDP growth is an incredibly poor measure of either the wealth of a nation or the health of its economy but it remains the constant mantra of those entrusted to make our decisions for us, we don't need this constant mass immigration to prosper, we need to do more with the available labour we have already got, but that ain't happening because the people who own the country and its government want the easy route to corporate profitability while the country goes bust in the process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cameron, we only want some immigrants!   Cameron, we only want some immigrants! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:44 pm

"Corporate" is a dirty word.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Cameron, we only want some immigrants!   Cameron, we only want some immigrants! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

GDP growth is an incredibly poor measure of either the wealth of a nation or the health of its economy but it remains the constant mantra of those entrusted to make our decisions for us, we don't need this constant mass immigration to prosper, we need to do more with the available labour we have already got, but that ain't happening because the people who own the country and its government want the easy route to corporate profitability while the country goes bust in the process.

This is the source of the problem with the economic system. You can't have exponential growth in a finite space, and yet we have an economic system that demands such growth. It's been 'funded', for want of a better word, with immigration and increasing debt (both public and private) but eventually the debt has become to burdensome because people started realising that it could never be paid back. The system hasn't been changed to address this problem, and so we doomed to repeat it. The credit crunch has just been used as an excuse to filter even more money from the poor to the rich.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cameron, we only want some immigrants!   Cameron, we only want some immigrants! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:11 pm

I'm with sensible, I vote SNP.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Cameron, we only want some immigrants!   Cameron, we only want some immigrants! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:30 pm

seadog wrote:
I'm with sensible, I vote SNP.

That's a first for me, "sensible" and "SNP" in the same sentence.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cameron, we only want some immigrants!   Cameron, we only want some immigrants! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:54 pm

GOB wrote:
"Corporate" is a dirty word.

Maybe. But not when it's in conjunction with golf and I'm getting a free round, meal and comp drinks.

That's not dirty. That's ace.

cheers drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cameron, we only want some immigrants!   Cameron, we only want some immigrants! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:29 pm

I concluded it Flat Track from your last para where you only mention anyone voting Tory as being Stupid and Gullible and don't mention any other party or politician.

If you are going to bother to vote then where else would you place your cross other than the main parties. Greens and UKIP are more or less one subject candidates and then you are down to the Monster Raving Looney Party. They all talk with false tongue and lie through their respective teeth to suit themselves. They all protect their benefactors to some degree. The best result in the next election would be if nobody at all voted for anyone. What a shock that would be for them all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cameron, we only want some immigrants!   Cameron, we only want some immigrants! Empty

Back to top Go down

Cameron, we only want some immigrants!
Page 1 of 1