The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Love Film

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Love Film Empty
PostSubject: Love Film   Love Film EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Following on from Jock saying something along the lines of it being easier to shit through the eye of a needle than leave Lovefilm, I was bemused to answer the door to one of their agents that resembled Rupert Grint who was going door to door getting people to sign up.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Love Film Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love Film   Love Film EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:28 pm

I've got it.

it's ok.

We watch a lot of DVDs tho so it probably saves us money on Blockbusters.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Love Film Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love Film   Love Film EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Following on from Jock saying something along the lines of it being easier to shit through the eye of a needle than leave Lovefilm, I was bemused to answer the door to one of their agents that resembled Rupert Grint who was going door to door getting people to sign up.

Don't get me wrong, it's ok really but has almost certainly been hit hard by netflix and these other online companies, can't see why so many people want to pay to watch films on their laptop or Xbox but there you go, the problem is with leaving them. Someone I used to work with had a nightmare when they tried to cancel and I've heard they're not that efficient at not taking payment when you cancel after the free trial period.

There's a gang of them in my local shopping centre now, next to the sky stall, the AA stall and the E-ON stand, all like vultures looking for anyone making eye contact so they could approach you, I quite like it when they ask me "could I interest you in a free trial of ..........." I always say no thanks and then they say "can I ask why not then" and I either say "because you're a cnut" or "because I'm HIV positive and won't be around after next month"

All on commission only and having to put up with dickheads like me all day must be demoralizing while they're wearing a maroon fleece or a homer simpson costume if you're the sky person. The AA man wears a kind of uniform even though he's not a proper breakdown AA man.

The principle of lovefilm is good, you choose the films you want, you give them a priority rating and they send you the DVD, which gets returned in the same envelope, but it does get on your tits having to update your list so you don't get Back to the future 2 which you put on your list for the kids and is on ITV4 every weekend if they really wanted to watch it anyway, and you don't always get the discs in order if you choose a series. I picked the ashes to ashes series and saw the last two episodes before the third and fourth episodes!

When Kaz's divorce came through she had new bank cards in her maiden name so they kept phoning and writing to her because they had the wrong bank card details so they couldn't take a payment anymore so it was a good excuse to cancel it. She gets at least two letters a month plus emails and phone calls almost pleasing with her to come back. I took one call and said I download hundreds of pirate films every week now so we don't need them anymore and the guy started telling me he did as well and what sites did I use?

It's owned by Amazon now so you would think it would change but doesn't seem to have.
Back to top Go down

Love Film Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love Film   Love Film EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:54 pm

It took me close to an hour on the phone to cancel but that was about four years ago.

It was OK to begin with but after two months, I was getting fifth and sixth choices. You do receive the odd scratched disc that won't play but customers are supposed to mark these on the return envelope so Lovefilm can ditch them. It wasn't for me in the end but if you watch a lot of films and don't have a Blockbuster nearby or have all the movie channels, it's a good option.
Back to top Go down

Love Film Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love Film   Love Film EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:06 pm

I said I was loyal to Betamax and left it at that.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Love Film Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love Film   Love Film EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 12:01 am

Me. I love movies, I will watch almost any old crap but would rather cut off my left testicle than pay for the privilege, my maxim is, if you can't steal it you don't need it, just wish the philosophy worked for diesel, leccy and food, oh, and beer of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Love Film Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love Film   Love Film Empty

Back to top Go down

Love Film
Page 1 of 1