+3
Dingle
Mock Cuncher
Chemical Ali
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:27 am

I think several raised concerns that the disabled fans would get a raw deal once the Disability Liaison officer was made redundant, looks like the disabled fans have similar views-

Herald LINK

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:57 am

Anyone for a copy/paste of Jock's post?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:45 pm

It is an absolute disgrace and symptomatic of the cost cutting at the club.

Newell said that each muriel cost several thousands. Add them up and you get.................easily enough for a Disability Liason Officer. The whole place is frigging nuts.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:17 pm

IMHO the muriels do cheer up what would otherwise be blank concrete, and am therefore in favour as long as they're used for players (and perhaps managers). What I hadn't realised though is that as well s paying for the actual artwork, Nikkkkkk is paying the club for the privilege. Why??

The disabled and elderly supporters need help - supporting their club is so important to them. I understand they were offered a seat on the PASBoard but declined the offer (like the Senior Greens and GTs). They must now be regretting this decision.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:20 pm

This wouldn't be a 'punishment' for them ignoring the PASB, surely?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:25 pm

such a pity bex is no longer with us as she would have been fighting that redundancey tooth and nail.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:49 pm

When brent took over us his vision was of a club at the heart of the community. This should include disabled people ffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 8:09 pm

Surprise surprise but there isn't even a thread on this subject on the most popular Argyle fans forum. (on phone so hope I'm not mistaken)

I would have thought that Ghost, Saracen, Nightfly and Iddesleigh Green woukd have been aghast at such a move to undermine Argyle being at the centre of the community.

Never mind there's muriels to discuss and fund never mind potentially 165 disabled season ticket holders.

Any chance the Trust/Quango could take this up with the property developers that be...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Deadly silence from Mr. Newells part-owned, PAFC's new official website. Disgusting.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:35 pm

Is that any surprise seeing that there was nothing much about redundancies at Argyle!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:27 pm

I knew Barry quite well nothing was too much for him, he had two post he filled at Home Park and they are still advertise as his

If you have any questions or wish to discuss any of the policy with us, please contact our Disability Liason Officer, Barry Hardman on 01752 562561, ext 142.

OR

Stadium
Dave Boobyer - Stadium Manager
Barry Hardman - Deputy Stadium Manager
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:28 pm

I think that its quite disgusting that they're more interested in paint then the disabled fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:49 pm

Who exactly isn't interested? Nikkkkk or the Club? As far as I see it the murals are paid for privately and not by PAFC and the walls are covered due to payment to PAFC. For me they can paint anything they want and I just don't care. I never look at them anyway.

What has this got to do with pasoti? Have they campaigned for the Disability LO to be axed? If anyone has a gripe with this then surely it should be directed at PAFC alone. If it's a case of somebody outside of PAFC paying to have a DLO then perhaps some on here would like to fund it themselves as seems to be suggested. I know it is popular to give pasoti and contributors a kicking but is this their fault? I always thought the retention or dismisal of employees were down to the actual employer. Somebody at the club should be responsible for this aspect and the hat must have been passed to another to wear. I can't believe nobody has the job anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Who exactly isn't interested? Nikkkkk or the Club? As far as I see it the murals are paid for privately and not by PAFC and the walls are covered due to payment to PAFC. For me they can paint anything they want and I just don't care. I never look at them anyway.

What has this got to do with pasoti? Have they campaigned for the Disability LO to be axed? If anyone has a gripe with this then surely it should be directed at PAFC alone. If it's a case of somebody outside of PAFC paying to have a DLO then perhaps some on here would like to fund it themselves as seems to be suggested. I know it is popular to give pasoti and contributors a kicking but is this their fault? I always thought the retention or dismisal of employees were down to the actual employer. Somebody at the club should be responsible for this aspect and the hat must have been passed to another to wear. I can't believe nobody has the job anymore.

No-one is saying that it is PASOTI's responsibility to fund the DLO post however they are raising thousands of pounds to paint some concrete when staff are being made redundant.

PASOTI and Brent are intrinsically linked - PL2 in the Directors box, Cerbs' invite, Newell as the Owner's taxi driver etc. That is not to mention the blind eye to the fourth deep throater and PJ's multiple accounts and abuse of a supporter.

I find it mind boggling that Newell hasn't thought to speak to Nikkk and ask him to make a "community donation" to cover the cost of the DLO. Obviously painting some pictures of three Hungarians is more important.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:14 pm

But pasoti don't employ the staff of PAFC do they, this is down to Brent and is the sole responsiblity of Brent. To name another site as if they are somehow involved in the removal of the DLO says to me that people are atributing some blame there or why else mention them. As for a donator to causes being asked to pay the wages I just don't see that at all. Somebody at Argyle must be wearing this particular hat already as I can't see them having nobody responsible. In this day and age there has to be consideration for disability access to places as that is the law if the venue is big enough or else it is discrimination.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC   Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Disabled supporters issue plea to PAFC
Page 1 of 1