Jethro
JonB
Chemical Ali
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager Empty
PostSubject: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:38 pm

As above

Link
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:39 pm

change your avatar chem Wink
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:40 pm

.... & several other sites....
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Brent is pure scum
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:42 pm

Can't Fletcher take Brent with him ?

How can The football league not see He's just as bad as the Japs were ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:43 pm

que the dick head webb "call to war" posts
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:46 pm

He's the one I always wanted. Honest! Smile

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Some inside info being used to take on the bookies. His odds have shrunk and shrunk during the day.

Do't know what to think other than I'm glad that it's been done quickly. Who knows if Hill really wanted it so quickly after being sacked.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:56 pm

The more I look at his record the more I'm impressed.

Did well on the pitch with Oldham, won the league with Chesterfeild..Even then despite not doing great in the league won the JPT. Could do much worse, I'd have been gutted if Phil Brown had got the job for example.

Would have preferred Hill though,
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:07 pm

Got chesterfield promoted from L2 as champs in 2010/11 and took them down again in 2011/12. Probably the best of the cheapest options. And probably enough about him to just about save us from being thrown out of the FL next May but I'm not expecting anything more.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Looks nailed on now. His record probably compares favourably with the others, too. He was a quality midfielder, which may bode well for playing style?

Maybe Greensam or Cobi can seek out some Oldham or Chesterfield forums and see what they think?

I'm quite comfortable with this, if it happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Not the best but not the worse, it maybe interesting but then again it may not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:17 pm

since 2006 he has managed 311 matches at league 1 and league 2 level winning 40% of them losing just 106 approx 33% that is a record many many managers can only dream of.

stop moaning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:25 pm

He's not clueless which is a massive improvement in itself,results will tell us if he has a touch of the clueless about him so the juries out, but for all our sakes lets hope he's a success.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Pitbull wrote:
since 2006 he has managed 311 matches at league 1 and league 2 level winning 40% of them losing just 106 approx 33% that is a record many many managers can only dream of.

stop moaning.

Maybe hes not who we wanted, Another bobby Williamson by looks of it
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:31 pm

Not unhappy about this if true but not ecstatic either.Would have preferred Hill but apparently that isn't to be,so give the new man a chance i suppose.Hope he's given a bit of freedom to change the squad as he sees fit,needs a major overhaul in the window for us to have any chance of avoiding the drop IMHO.I remember him as a player,very classy but also bad tempered-he had rucks with John Matthews and Friio in matches at HP about 15 years apart Laughing They're both on one of the Argyle DVD's,there was a bit of a riot in the second instance,he was playing for Oldham at the time.Good luck to him if he is the new man,hopefully he's strong enough to grab the club by the scruff of the neck and get it moving forwards again.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Underwhelming but practically everyone was a step-up from Fletcher. Plus he isn't Colin Lee or Lawrie Sanchez. He's got one hell of a job to do though.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Careful kids, there may be the use of the C word here and there...)
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:42 pm

Well I for one wish him all the best and welcome to the madhouse John. Anything has to be better than what's gone before.

I'll give him a fair crack of the whip.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:46 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Well I for one wish him all the best and welcome to the madhouse John. Anything has to be better than what's gone before.

I'll give him a fair crack of the whip.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:48 pm

Very good player, ok manager.

Let's hope he becomes a very good manager.

And let's hope he gets the support he needs from the board, because there's a hell of a job to do here.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:57 pm

All about support from the board now.

Give him a chance. Difficult to get too positive or negative about him otherwise.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
CallyGreen

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Bonsoir, PP:

"And let's hope he gets the support he needs from the board, because there's a hell of a job to do here".

Now I know this is my first post on her and all. But I'm shocked and stunned.

There's a Board of Directors at Argyle? Really? With a Chief Exec and a Finance Director and a Marketing Director and everything?

Well, well. Who knew?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:00 pm

CallyGreen welcome to the madhouse
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Well at least he isn't Blackwell. I wonder why the club has to wit until Monday to announce it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager Empty

Back to top Go down

Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next