HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Luke McCormick.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 11:11 am

Sky Sports understands a number of Football League clubs are eyeing moves for former Plymouth goalkeeper Luke McCormick.

McCormick is currently playing for Conference South club Truro City following his release from prison in June this year.

Swindon expressed an interest in signing the 29-year-old earlier this season before deciding against the move.

McCormick has impressed during his time at Truro and several League One and League Two sides are keeping tabs on his progress.

McCormick's agent, Clive Hart, has admitted a number of clubs have expressed an interest in the keeper and that he is keen on returning to league football.

"Luke has really enjoyed his time at Truro and playing football again and he would love the chance to get back into the Football League," Hart told skysports.com.

"A number of sides have been keeping tabs on Luke as he has done well at Truro so we will consider all our options."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:04 pm

Wonder if we're one of those clubs who have been looking at him?

Not sure how I would feel about him coming back here but with the way the club is right now I don't think anything would surprise me anymore.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Wonder if we're one of those clubs who have been looking at him?

Not sure how I would feel about him coming back here but with the way the club is right now I don't think anything would surprise me anymore.

I'd be very surprised if any professional club would want the grief that would undoubtedly accompany him. Having said that, Argyle aren't professional these days are they ?

Back to top Go down
GM Vauxhall

GM Vauxhall

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Don't especially want to re-open the debate yet again, but we could use a keeper who can catch the ball...
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:49 pm

I'd take him tomorrow if only to see the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the holier than thou community.
Back to top Go down
Southborne

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 2:13 pm

Notts County took Lee Hughes on and Birmingham City took Marlon King on after their releases from prison, I know the crime weren't the same but just saying it does happen
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 2:25 pm

Southborne wrote:
Notts County took Lee Hughes on and Birmingham City took Marlon King on after their releases from prison, I know the crime weren't the same but just saying it does happen

I know. I'm also aware that a great many of us have done careless or even stupid things when behind a wheel that could have ended in disaster. Tragically, the outcome of Luke's mistake is a highly emotive subject and will make resurrecting his career very difficult, both personally and for any club taking him on.
Back to top Go down
Southborne

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 2:31 pm

In August 2004, Lee Hughes career was put on hold for three years after he was imprisoned for causing death by dangerous driving following a fatal crash on 23 November 2003. Marlon King jailed after being convicted of sexual assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm on 29 October 2009, and being sentenced to eighteen months in prison.

Two nasty, vicious crimes but still able to resurrect their careers after prison. Seems like it can be done but i'd imagine the stick they get from away fans
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Southborne wrote:
In August 2004, Lee Hughes career was put on hold for three years after he was imprisoned for causing death by dangerous driving following a fatal crash on 23 November 2003. Marlon King jailed after being convicted of sexual assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm on 29 October 2009, and being sentenced to eighteen months in prison.

Two nasty, vicious crimes but still able to resurrect their careers after prison. Seems like it can be done but i'd imagine the stick they get from away fans

Luke's tragically involved children. As I said, highly emotive.
Back to top Go down
Southborne

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Southborne wrote:

Luke's tragically involved children. As I said, highly emotive.

Very true Tring, But the question is can or should someone be able to resume their career after such a tragedy after serving their sentence? Whether we think that sentence was too light or not, The court or judge did have guidelines to go by, McCormick has done his time, He will have to live with this for the rest of his life, The family of the two kids killed are also serving a life sentence for their loss, All in all a terrible, tragic case where no one wins
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Cant see him coming back to Argo his name is built into the swear checker on pasoti.
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:53 pm

[quote="Tgwu"]Sky Sports understands a number of Football League clubs are eyeing moves for former Plymouth goalkeeper Luke McCormick.

McCormick is currently playing for Conference South club Truro City following his release from prison in June this year.

Swindon expressed an interest in signing the 29-year-old earlier this season before deciding against the move.

McCormick has impressed during his time at Truro and several League One and League Two sides are keeping tabs on his progress.

McCormick's agent, Clive Hart, has admitted a number of clubs have expressed an interest in the keeper and that he is keen on returning to league football.

"Luke has really enjoyed his time at Truro and playing football again and he would love the chance to get back into the Football League," Hart told skysports.com.

"A number of sides have been keeping tabs on Luke as he has done well at Truro so we will consider all our options."

Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Sky Sports understands a number of Football League clubs are eyeing moves for former Plymouth goalkeeper Luke McCormick.

R

Sky sports "understands a number of football league clubs are eyeing moves for former Plymouth goalkeeper Luke McCormick"

Supporting evidence provided by his agent, Clive Hart. Whoever heard of a southern league player with an agent? Life goes on I suppose....

Wonder if Clive thought about the parents of the children who lost their lives due to mcormicks recklessness.
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:17 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

R

Sky sports "understands a number of football league clubs are eyeing moves for former Plymouth goalkeeper Luke McCormick"

Supporting evidence provided by his agent, Clive Hart. Whoever heard of a southern league player with an agent? Life goes on I suppose....

Wonder if Clive thought about the parents of the children who lost their lives due to mcormicks recklessness.

I am sure the sun will again make sure they know about it and get an quote to sell more of their lie infested shitrag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Luke McCormick. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick.   Luke McCormick. Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick.
Page 1 of 1